Foreman a finalist for a head coaching job

dBerrySports

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

THIS!!  I wanted him for the Ozen job last year and wouldn't be opposed to West Brook going with him.  He has experience, great X's and O's guy....  AND he's a players coach....   

Nelson is wanting to get back to Head Coaching job bad I see he applies for a lot of places these past few years. He was turning the Ozen program around and then they dumped him if they would have stuck with him they wouldn't have had some playoff teams 

2 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Nelson is wanting to get back to Head Coaching job bad I see he applies for a lot of places these past few years. He was turning the Ozen program around and then they dumped him if they would have stuck with him they wouldn't have had some playoff teams 

The one bad seed that got him ran off is now behind bars and out of administration. (good riddance to her ) .  So he'd be welcomed back, imo, with open arms....

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The one bad seed that got him ran off is now behind bars and out of administration. (good riddance to her ) .  So he'd be welcomed back, imo, with open arms....

I believe he gets the Brook job. He knows the district and he did more with less at Ozen just imagine what's he can do with those brook players after making a deep playoff run. They would be in great hands with Nelson 

38 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

She ran off two of the better ones! One @ Ozen and One @ Central!

38 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I believe he gets the Brook job. He knows the district and he did more with less at Ozen just imagine what's he can do with those brook players after making a deep playoff run. They would be in great hands with Nelson 

Would personally rather see him @ Central, but that's me being bias.

20 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

So very true, nobody ever bashes a guy for going from Burger King to McDonald's for a pay raise, why do people bash coaches. Ultimately it is a job and financial success is just as important as winning to many.

Any man/person with a family should always do whatever it takes to successfully take care of their family! a 20thousand dollar pay raise is not easy to pass up. He may have been applying to those other place to show and prove his worth as a head football coach. It would be interesting to know if BMT ever offered more money to keep him there.

The point isn't being upset about TF applying for a better job.... he applied up and down, every spring. 

Let my my boss get wind of me interviewing all over the place and suddenly I'm kicking a can around in front of the unemployment office. 

How can a coach expect kids to buy in when he's already made it clear that he'd rather be ANYWHERE but where he is?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The point isn't being upset about TF applying for a better job.... he applied up and down, every spring. 

Let my my boss get wind of me interviewing all over the place and suddenly I'm kicking a can around in front of the unemployment office. 

How can a coach expect kids to buy in when he's already made it clear that he'd rather be ANYWHERE but where he is?

Possibly looking for a leg to stand on to ask for more money.  "I could take this other job, but a raise would convince me to stay."  Or maybe just exploring options.  Or maybe just practicing interviewing...for when he gets thrown under the bus by his current school district.  Don't act like Beaumont ISD would've kept him around for another 20 years.

And I've said already...there isn't a coach in the profession that isn't exploring better options.  If you think that the coach at Bridge City isn't doing the same thing then you're being naive. 

15 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Possibly looking for a leg to stand on to ask for more money.  "I could take this other job, but a raise would convince me to stay."  Or maybe just exploring options.  Or maybe just practicing interviewing...for when he gets thrown under the bus by his current school district.  Don't act like Beaumont ISD would've kept him around for another 20 years.

And I've said already...there isn't a coach in the profession that isn't exploring better options.  If you think that the coach at Bridge City isn't doing the same thing then you're being naive. 

If you'll remember, Coach Dubois stated that BC (his hometown) was the only job for which he'd leave HJ... now, I don't believe that to be true, but I am confident that he wasn't (and isn't) emailing his resume to every school in the state every spring. His interest in the position was a closely held secret up until his hiring was announced, also. 

There aren't annual press releases announcing "BC's Dubois finalist for Sabine Pass Head Coach" and "BC's Dubois to be announced as new HC/AD at Hemphill High School" only to have him show up year after year to coach my beloved Bridge City Tackle Football Cardinals. 

I'm serious. Drop by your HR department and let them know you're going to need the day off Tuesday for an interview. Better yet, do it a few times and see how well it works out for you. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you'll remember, Coach Dubois stated that BC (his hometown) was the only job for which he'd leave HJ... now, I don't believe that to be true, but I am confident that he wasn't (and isn't) emailing his resume to every school in the state every spring. His interest in the position was a closely held secret up until his hiring was announced, also. 

There aren't annual press releases announcing "BC's Dubois finalist for Sabine Pass Head Coach" and "BC's Dubois to be announced as new HC/AD at Hemphill High School" only to have him show up year after year to coach my beloved Bridge City Tackle Football Cardinals. 

I'm serious. Drop by your HR department and let them know you're going to need the day off Tuesday for an interview. Better yet, do it a few times and see how well it works out for you. 

As opposed to the BC Flag or Touch Football Cardinals...?

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Another big difference is that when most people apply for jobs, they aren't made public. Coaches are. And even that isn't everywhere, I know in Florida you rarely hear about the list of final 10 or 4 candidates.

Honestly, if you didn't actually see the list, you wouldn't care that a coach applied to however many places.

And chances are, if you're going to an interview, you're probably not going to your current job and asking for the day off specifically for an interview. Probably just asking for a day off and not saying anything else.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So does Bell not want to stay after this school year?  

According to the article it's his first job since 2013 when he retired. He might enjoy the retired life and just fulfilling the job until they find a more permanent person to fulfill and man the job for hopefully many many successful years for BISD