Foreman a finalist for a head coaching job

dBerrySports

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Man.... what can be said positively about a coach who spends all spring every year trying to find a new job.   ANY job.  Just another job.  

BISD shouldn't renew this guy.  

He is in the majority. There are a large number of coaches, both head coaches and assistants, that do the exact same thing every year. The only reason you are hearing about his exploits is because he has been offered or has made it down to the final few candidates for a number of jobs recently. Don't hate the guy for trying to put himself in a better position.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Man.... what can be said positively about a coach who spends all spring every year trying to find a new job.   ANY job.  Just another job.  

He's made the playoffs each year he's coached at Central and has sent a good number of kids to play college football. So there's two positive things I managed to say.

Based off everything I've seen, BISD isn't some perfect place where he should simply be grateful to simply exist as a coach.

7 minutes ago, fox said:

this thread is going to be fun to read......

Not from me, I'll only state facts like record, results, etc.  I called this back in January on another thread but just kept quiet for the sake of the program and the kids.  Wish him the best.  Just glad it happened sooner rather than later so that the next staff can be put into place with ample time.  And you can't blame a man for wanting to get closer to his family and be able to make over $20K more a year while doing it... 

57 minutes ago, gronkykong17 said:

Why go to a school that went 0-10.... Central Job is a good one, lots of talent in that school. 

$$

Same reason every head coach goes anywhere.  And also the same reason that ALL head coaches are always looking.  Can't fault a guy for bettering himself financially. 

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

$$

Same reason every head coach goes anywhere.  And also the same reason that ALL head coaches are always looking.  Can't fault a guy for bettering himself financially. 

So very true, nobody ever bashes a guy for going from Burger King to McDonald's for a pay raise, why do people bash coaches. Ultimately it is a job and financial success is just as important as winning to many.

9 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

So very true, nobody ever bashes a guy for going from Burger King to McDonald's for a pay raise, why do people bash coaches. Ultimately it is a job and financial success is just as important as winning to many.

Well with as many people as I know in education I can tell you that their retirement is based on an average of their highest salaried years.  So raising that salary average ...which affects the 30 years after they coach... is more important than the 30 years they spend coaching.  My opinion anyway.  It's not a coincidence that so many coaches go into administration.  $$

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Even Larry Neumann applied for jobs outside of Nederland. I bet nobody would have said at the time Nederland ISD shouldn't renew this guy.

3 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Even Larry Neumann applied for jobs outside of Nederland. I bet nobody would have said at the time Nederland ISD shouldn't renew this guy.

I'd put good money on it that just about every head coach in Texas has inquired about other jobs more often than not.  The only reason that a head coach wouldn't leave for a higher paying job is if they thought they were going to be really successful.  And when they are really successful that's when they are probably looking the hardest.  It's awful funny how a coach wins a state championship and then all of the sudden takes a job at a higher classification probably for quite a bit more money.