UCLA Commit LaMelo Ball Scores 92 Pts

Hagar

Not everybody was happy with the performance.

Los Osos coach Dave Smith called it "a joke,"  Smith said Chino Hills players fouled on purpose to prevent his team from running out the clock and stopping Ball from scoring more.

"That's wrong," Smith said. "It goes against everything CIF [California Interscholastic Federation] stands for. The Ball boys are very talented and great players, but it's embarrassing to high school athletics. I've been coaching for 35 years, and we've turned high school athletics into individualism.

"It's amazing to watch a kid score that many points. But it's tough to say that's what CIF athletics is about."

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The opposite team's coach should be ashamed to allow a kid to just snowbird like that the whole game.  At what point were you going to leave a kid back on defense?

That's where your enforcers come in.  I didn't get to play a lot, so when my friends and I got in we competed to see who could foul out first.

You're sort of right, but you're also wrong.  You as a coach would not have allowed it, whether the kid was on your team or your opponent.  It was not basketball; it was a layup contest to see how many points the kid could score.  Was a joke.  If it was your son or mine, they wouldn't have wanted any part of it either, because it didn't mean anything.  Our sons would rather score when it meant something, in the context of a real competitive game.  

7 hours ago, Pumper said:

YYou're sort of right, but you're also wrong.  You as a coach would not have allowed it, whether the kid was on your team or your opponent.  It was not basketball; it was a layup contest to see how many points the kid could score.  Was a joke.  If it was your son or mine, they wouldn't have wanted any part of it either, because it didn't mean anything.  Our sons would rather score when it meant something, in the context of a real competitive game.  

Very true that I wouldnt have allowed it. But if I were the opposing coach, I wouldnt have complained about it. Thats more the point I was trying to make.