2018 recruiting

king

Bama is currently ranked #52 in the country and 12th in the SEC. I don't ever remember Saban slow playing recruiting like this. I'm sure they will still end up with one of the top ranked recruiting classes, but it's kind of interesting that they only have 7 commits a month before the 1st game.

2 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Where is Sunflower when you need him?

Remember how excited Sunflower was when he believed the subterfuge and thought those little tigers were going to be able to close Herman?  That was cute. 

And then came the crocodile tears and spin when he found out what I was telling him was true - LSU was just a little pawn in the big boy game of the super powers...

On 8/1/2017 at 10:13 AM, PhatMack19 said:

Bama is currently ranked #52 in the country and 12th in the SEC. I don't ever remember Saban slow playing recruiting like this. I'm sure they will still end up with one of the top ranked recruiting classes, but it's kind of interesting that they only have 7 commits a month before the 1st game.

He's simply following the Charlie Strong recruiting method of excellence!!

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Does not mean it's good for the sport. 

I agree, but a coach can go to one of these trainers/coaches and watch 10 kids instead of having to go to 10 different HS’s.

Its the same with baseball and basketball.  Scouts don’t even really have to go to HS games anymore. 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I agree, but a coach can go to one of these trainers/coaches and watch 10 kids instead of having to go to 10 different HS’s.

Its the same with baseball and basketball.  Scouts don’t even really have to go to HS games anymore. 

No one is paying summer baseball coaches to funnel players to a college. Not while they can be drafted out of high school.

AAU is the most corrupt league in sports. Even in the age of 1 and Done, they cannot keep the bag men out of the picture. 

Sounds like football is heading down the same path.