Port Arthur Memorial 61 Nederland 60/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, NeDeRlAnD b-DoG fAn said:

Memorial's band is ridiculously loud! Can't even hear myself think...

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IT SHOULD BE OUTLAWED!!!

Couldn't agree more.  Have heard complaints about WOS's band as well.  But they aren't nearly as loud as Memorial's.  Honestly makes me not want to go to games at PAM because they are so loud it makes it hard to enjoy the game at times.  

Great game by both teams and coaches....Game was back and forth throughout and I thought was a decently called game..

I do have one question though...

Ned Player was given a technical foul when coming back in bounds from a made basket because he made contact with the ball as a Memorial player was looking to pass it in bounds...Good call by the official as it is the correct call, however I heard the official state to Coach English "Its in the book, we gotta call that, there is no warning call, Technical Foul!"....I agree with this...

However

Once #35 drains the 3 to go up by 1...Nederland inbounds the ball to the FT line...3-4 fans are now on the court, while play is going on...

By the book...It is a technical foul....Officials are seen on video waiving a few fans off as the player has the ball that is entered to them???

What the call here?...It was a "no call"....And Nederland called a quick timeout.....

I was thinking the same thing. I thought it was about 10-12 fans, but there was so much chaos (after the made 3) that I can't quite remember exactly how many rushed the court. Maybe 10-12 started to run out on the court, but maybe only a few made it all the way out?? I know I saw a couple make it all of the way to the free throw line. Not sure how a call that is also 'in the books' was missed so easily...

2 hours ago, InTheGates said:

Great game by both teams and coaches....Game was back and forth throughout and I thought was a decently called game..

I do have one question though...

Ned Player was given a technical foul when coming back in bounds from a made basket because he made contact with the ball as a Memorial player was looking to pass it in bounds...Good call by the official as it is the correct call, however I heard the official state to Coach English "Its in the book, we gotta call that, there is no warning call, Technical Foul!"....I agree with this...

However

Once #35 drains the 3 to go up by 1...Nederland inbounds the ball to the FT line...3-4 fans are now on the court, while play is going on...

By the book...It is a technical foul....Officials are seen on video waiving a few fans off as the player has the ball that is entered to them???

What the call here?...It was a "no call"....And Nederland called a quick timeout.....

"entered to him"

"Whats"

10 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

The tuba player fault

Nobody is blaming the refs here, we had waaaay too many turnovers. But if a ref is 'going by the books' on non-judgement calls, then they should be consistent with ALL rules, would you agree? 

MOST  of the time, players are given a warning when touching the ball out of bounds after a bucket.   It was not given in this situation, which is fine. But if warnings are not being given out for such rules, then why was there no technical foul called on the fans running on court? 

37 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Nobody is blaming the refs here, we had waaaay too many turnovers. But if a ref is 'going by the books' on non-judgement calls, then they should be consistent with ALL rules, would you agree? 

MOST  of the time, players are given a warning when touching the ball out of bounds after a bucket.   It was not given in this situation, which is fine. But if warnings are not being given out for such rules, then why was there no technical foul called on the fans running on court? 

the tuba player got too loud and had the fans look for other seats. Simple explanation.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Dove can't go to Memorial home games Nash.  The band wreaks havoc with his hearing aids...

I may be in the minority here but I like the Memorial band playing in the gym.  But then again, I'm not trying to communicate to players or fellow teammates either.  I may be one of the few opponents who love the Central band during football games also.  It's gets this old man fired up!

6 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

The music selection and quality was actually very good, just way too loud. Maybe I'm showing my age...

Absolutely.  They are very good and I very much enjoyed watching them at a football game this year.  Maybe it's the acoustics in that gym but when they play, you can't hear the person next you.  It's deafening.  But you might be right...maybe we're just old....