Silsbee 2 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Question:  Should the uil handle this any different than they did the qb that jumped on the players ankles.  Both are the same type actions.  And what was the uil's response to that situation.  If what I read was right he played in the playoffs.  I am not looking for leniency or anything like that but I do feel the uils response should be basically the same.

22 minutes ago, InTheGates said:

As the majority of basketball followers that have posted on this topic have seen in the LCM/Silsbee video, every detail of every play will not be caught by an official or even a coach trying to coach his players throughout the game.  However....In todays picture perfect video world, players can not hide on a basketball court from video...With that being said...

#1 --- Its obvious there is a push to the face by #5 (Silsbee), whistle blows, #3(LCM) take a swing, #0 (LCM) jumps in with a hand to the face....Benches begin to clear (still not sure how many players from both teams stay in what is considered the "bench area")

#2 --- #3 (Silsbee) clearly throws a punch to player standing on sideline

Question #1 How many players were still remaining on bench area from both teams?

Question #2 If either team had at least 4 remaining players on bench area shouldn't game continue?

Suspensions (Just my opinion)

#3 and #0 (LCM)  will need to be suspended for regular season

#5 (Silsbee) will need to be suspended for regular season

#3 (Silsbee) will need to be suspended for regular/playoffs

Coaching staffs need to do what is RIGHT in this situation and hold accountable parties accountable...period

I don't think this game could have continued even if teams had players, at least not with fans.  It was way too heated in there. Besides I don't think anyone remained on either bench.

3 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Question:  Should the uil handle this any different than they did the qb that jumped on the players ankles.  Both are the same type actions.  And what was the uil's response to that situation.  If what I read was right he played in the playoffs.  I am not looking for leniency or anything like that but I do feel the uils response should be basically the same.

Or start handing down stiffer penalties.

did that qb have a history?

These refs wherever there from, Pt Arthur I'm hearing knew all this mouthing and chippy play was happening during the game and should have put a stop to it before it escalated and not just stood there before the fight broke out!  Probably the same refs Silsbee will dealing with Friday at WOS, but everything that happened was uncalled for PERIOD!

4 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Or start handing down stiffer penalties.

did that qb have a history?

I don't know. But I don't know that the uil can take anything into consideration except reports and video from the game.  And I can't remember any other incidents Devon has had in the past that would be in a report or anything like that.  I can say I have never seen anything from him like this.  I didn't see the Wos incident, couldn't have from where I was.  I was told by 2 people that an incident happened but was told 2 different names.  The BC incident I missed as well but did see the stoppage when the coach went into the floor.  But either way no penalties documented these. So I don't know.  Now I will say from my viewpoint a push even a push to the face is one thing, needs to be addressed for sure.  But punches or a push with force is another level. 

I have read all the posts and IMO Silsbee players play with emotion,which is what you want.....this team is so much better than any other team in their district that it breeds animosity toward the Tigers....who really knows if this was a planned strategy? WO-S beat the socks off all their opponents in football and didn't encounter this type of reaction(that i know of)...these are kids who are striving for a state championship and just because your team isn't good enough to beat them,you do this to get them disqualified? Silsbee Tigers be aware....THIS IS NOT THE END OF YOUR TESTS....

9 minutes ago, rohebert said:

These refs wherever there from, Pt Arthur I'm hearing knew all this mouthing and chippy play was happening during the game and should have put a stop to it before it escalated and not just stood there before the fight broke out!  Probably the same refs Silsbee will dealing with Friday at WOS, but everything that happened was uncalled for PERIOD!

I was wondering how long it would be before the "it was the refs fault" argument would be presented.

31 minutes ago, MoFo said:

big difference between getting punched in the fray (on the playing field) as opposed to 50 feet away on the bench.

Punch is a punch let's not make excuses neither way the #5 had a swollen eye and welp and this the excuse you give its still was in the play this the problem I have people wanna give opinion but look at it two other ways a damn punch is a punch he had more bodily harm once again #3 was wrong but don't justify #0 like he did nothing let's be real

3 minutes ago, MoFo said:

I think what bothers me the most about this is that he passed 5 bigger kids to go after the smaller one. 

I don't know if being the smaller player had anything to do with it.  I don't know anything about it and won't condone or defend it but I bet there was something there besides being the smaller player.

2 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Punch is a punch let's not make excuses neither way the #5 had a swollen eye and welp and this the excuse you give its still was in the play this the problem I have people wanna give opinion but look at it two other ways a damn punch is a punch he had more bodily harm once again #3 was wrong but don't justify #0 like he did nothing let's be real

I am not justifying ANY of them, if they threw punches they should be dealt with severely, but just as the NBA the penalty is much harsher for those opting to leave the bench during a fight.

49 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Was any punishment sent down on the punch from #3 at Bridge City? Several have sent me the video since it was mentioned. It was a clear and deliberate punch to the back of the head.

Yes the famous video that Orange people mentioned in the Silsbee vs. BC game thread.

Still waiting to see that video & until then it's just all hearsay.

52 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Was any punishment sent down on the punch from #3 at Bridge City? Several have sent me the video since it was mentioned. It was a clear and deliberate punch to the back of the head.

Haven't seen it and don't know how it was handled.  You commented that HJ issues a one game suspension for technical fouls and used it as an example of appropriate discipline.  I just pointed out Sigler suspended a kid for 2 games for that behavior.  

10 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

I have read all the posts and IMO Silsbee players play with emotion,which is what you want.....this team is so much better than any other team in their district that it breeds animosity toward the Tigers....who really knows if this was a planned strategy? WO-S beat the socks off all their opponents in football and didn't encounter this type of reaction(that i know of)...these are kids who are striving for a state championship and just because your team isn't good enough to beat them,you do this to get them disqualified? Silsbee Tigers be aware....THIS IS NOT THE END OF YOUR TESTS....

Wow. If these kids were thriving for a state championship they would have handled this situation like champions. LC-M was hanging with them and they got pissed when the refs were calling all those hand checks fouls. Instead of adjusting and over coming like champions they put the season in jeopardy. Some Silsbee fans are in denial.

1 minute ago, Tigers2010 said:

Yeah, the kid staying away from the fight was asking for it.

No not saying that at all. I just feel there was something else there maybe words during the game maybe before the game or heck in the past game or year.  I just don't see why if you were going to sucker punch someone you would pass several others that would be right there to get you, to get to someone who was a little smaller.