Silsbee 2 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, alphadog said:

Wow. If these kids were thriving for a state championship they would have handled this situation like champions. LC-M was hanging with them and they got pissed when the refs were calling all those hand checks fouls. Instead of adjusting and over coming like champions they put the season in jeopardy. Some Silsbee fans are in denial.

You sound stupid down 14 and running out of gas before the half with two minutes left and you call that a game it was gonna be 30 piece easily but I can understand why you happy that would have been better then the 60 piece you got earlier in season somethings people say but if you feel like that was gonna be a game you fooling yourself 

4 minutes ago, alphadog said:

Wow. If these kids were thriving for a state championship they would have handled this situation like champions. LC-M was hanging with them and they got pissed when the refs were calling all those hand checks fouls. Instead of adjusting and over coming like champions they put the season in jeopardy. Some Silsbee fans are in denial.

I don't think calling hand check fouls had anything to do with it.  And as far as LCM hanging around, they did a good job but the Tigers were starting to build their lead.

2 minutes ago, alphadog said:

LCM was hanging with them?

That isn't the only time Ive heard that & it keeps getting funnier each time.

Wasn't Silsbee up by double digits before the fight broke out?

Whatever makes you Orange guys sleep better at night I guess lol

3 minutes ago, kingjames said:

You sound stupid down 14 and running out of gas before the half with two minutes left and you call that a game it was gonna be 30 piece easily but I can understand why you happy that would have been better then the 60 piece you got earlier in season somethings people say but if you feel like that was gonna be a game you fooling yourself 

Pump the brakes, Im not from LCM just an observer. Def not trying to say LCM was going to win. My only point is Silsbee got handed a little adversity from a hungry team and they handled it very poorly. Not like a champion would IMO. Hopefully they can learn from this situation and handle it better cause believe that it will happen again before the season is over.

I'm going to say this!

If you're going to POST A VIDEO, please don't only pick out and show the parts that benefit and make you look good! Please show the START, MIDDLE, and END, so we can really see how it led to the part you're trying to show

Post found on Facebook

8 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

LCM was hanging with them?

That isn't the only time Ive heard that & it keeps getting funnier each time.

Wasn't Silsbee up by double digits before the fight broke out?

Whatever makes you Orange guys sleep better at night I guess lol

Actually there is more funny stuff posted by not every but several Silsbee fans on the first couple pages of this thread before they even seen what happened.

3 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

I'm going to say this!

If you're going to POST A VIDEO, please don't only pick out and show the parts that benefit and make you look good! Please show the START, MIDDLE, and END, so we can really see how it led to the part you're trying to show

Post found on Facebook

So when BC doesn't post, it didn't happen. But when lcm post, it's why didn't they post more of it?

31 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

I have read all the posts and IMO Silsbee players play with emotion,which is what you want.....this team is so much better than any other team in their district that it breeds animosity toward the Tigers....who really knows if this was a planned strategy? WO-S beat the socks off all their opponents in football and didn't encounter this type of reaction(that i know of)...these are kids who are striving for a state championship and just because your team isn't good enough to beat them,you do this to get them disqualified? Silsbee Tigers be aware....THIS IS NOT THE END OF YOUR TESTS....

The WOS argument actually kind of makes you look worse. They dominated far more than you guys are. Won back to back state titles and have had zero problems like this. You guys keep saying how great you are but are wearing no rings.

5 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

I'm going to say this!

Post found on Facebook

I don't care if the video started with Mike Tyson throwing the first blow, nothing justifies the sucker punch 50 feet from the squabble.  

35 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

I have read all the posts and IMO Silsbee players play with emotion,which is what you want.....this team is so much better than any other team in their district that it breeds animosity toward the Tigers....who really knows if this was a planned strategy? WO-S beat the socks off all their opponents in football and didn't encounter this type of reaction(that i know of)...these are kids who are striving for a state championship and just because your team isn't good enough to beat them,you do this to get them disqualified? Silsbee Tigers be aware....THIS IS NOT THE END OF YOUR TESTS....

nope not what you want.   What you want is emotions but can be controlled otherwise you end up losing players for the year.

8 minutes ago, hawkeye07 said:

The WOS argument actually kind of makes you look worse. They dominated far more than you guys are. Won back to back state titles and have had zero problems like this. You guys keep saying how great you are but are wearing no rings.

IMO this is domination....Silsbee 98...Orangefield 61.....Silsbee 124...HF 62.....Silsbee 99...LCM 39.....Silsbee 102...WOS 57.....Silsbee 94...Bridge City 60.....Silsbee 131...Orangefield 47.....Silsbee 124...Hamshire-Fannett 37

13 minutes ago, hawkeye07 said:

And believe me there was plenty of garbage thrown their way over the past two years.  But that was an EXTREMELY disciplined team.  

I've drawn parallels as well to Mustang football with Tiger basketball.  To me, Silsbee can be just as dominant and has the opportunity to bring home the ultimate prize this year as well as the next two at least.  But they are going to have to learn to use restraint.  

If you watched the Mustangs play at all this year, you saw them play with a ton of emotion too.  But it was mostly restrained, especially in the face of some inflammatory situations.  

Again, I hope we are all rooting for those involved to learn from this so they become better young men from the lesson.  

21 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

I'm going to say this!

Post found on Facebook

Regardless of what was posted and not posted, what #3 from Silsbee is embarrassing to the not only the team,coach, and school, but also the town. His actions are absolutely disgraceful. A decision from the UIL should be irrelevant. The coach should suspended this kid for the year regardless, if he won't, the administration should. There is no way you can defend what he did or justify it with a worthless "rest of district" suspension. 

There is no excuse or place for fighting on the basketball court! #3 has accepted responsibility for his actions and willing or not he will accept what the punishment will be. I for one will be more involved in helping him become a better person than what his recent actions have portrayed him as. As much as I and the city of silsbee wants him and the team to make history we want him to be the best person he can be first. Win or lose I bleed maroon and white but there are things that are bigger than basketball, this is definitely one of them.

2 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Regardless of what was posted and not posted, what #3 from Silsbee is embarrassing to the not only the team,coach, and school, but also the town. His actions are absolutely disgraceful. A decision from the UIL should be irrelevant. The coach should suspended this kid for the year regardless, if he won't, the administration should. There is no way you can defend what he did or justify it with a worthless "rest of district" suspension. 

I agree!

kinda weird to see this coming from a tiger fan!

I do not condone #3's actions and believe that they were very immature and cowardly to say the least. He deserves whatever punishment is handed out to him. What he did was wrong and he has already admitted he was wrong but unfortunately this is not an incident that you can just apologize for. Hopefully he learns from this and realizes that he will need to promote good behavior and leadership both on and off the court over the next two years. With that being said, he is being crucified all over social media over a 9 second video. It is clear that the footage was obtained not during live action, but on a cell phone videoing a computer screen so logic suggests that they have the entire altercation on video. Why was the entire thing not released? Several other players apparently made mistakes as well. Why has that not been shown on Facebook or Twitter?

2 minutes ago, SLD2012 said:

There is no excuse or place for fighting on the basketball court! #3 has accepted responsibility for his actions and willing or not he will accept what the punishment will be. I for one will be more involved in helping him become a better person than what his recent actions have portrayed him as. As much as I and the city of silsbee wants him and the team to make history we want him to be the best person he can be first. Win or lose I bleed maroon and white but there are things that are bigger than basketball, this is definitely one of them.

DITTO