Silsbee 2 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Some LCM fans and Silsbee players did get into it. Broke up quickly. 

When fights break out like this, parents first reaction to go into protect mode for their kids. Seen this happen several times. All it takes is for one parent to go on the floor, and the rest will follow looking for their kids.

14 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

When fights break out like this, parents first reaction to go into protect mode for their kids. Seen this happen several times. All it takes is for one parent to go on the floor, and the rest will follow looking for their kids.

You are right and parents did get involved and separated players.  But the first ones on the floor weren't parents.

2 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

There is a lady who told me last night that she screen shot a post from someone from lcm saying that they were going to try to disqualify silsbee before the game started she said she wanted to send that to the uil so was this planned perhaps.

Planned or not you do not blind side someone 50 feet from the fight. Also if you knew LCM was going to try and do it then that to me even shows less restraint on your part. 

41 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee may lose one for the year but still has a fantastic team. Jones III will be back and Bush and Newton will anchor the point. Adams won't be gone but for a game or so. He is a very quit young man and never bothers anyone. For #0 for LCM to punch is a straight bitch move. LCM has been against Silsbee in all sports. I heard they filed a greivence with the UIL for and illegal player during football season. Also, they recorded our baseball team and sent the footage to our opponents. They were getting blasted in basketball and wanted to fight. It never would have  started if #0 wouldn't have threw that punch. 

Bitch move???wow Santa u tripping man..

25 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

You're absolutely correct Dove and I have a son on Silsbee and I told the officer last night when the parents from LCM went on floor I went in parent mode he will always be my cub to protect. The actions these young men make we have to question but not give up on them teach them and make them own up to mistakes and be better I always say when the air goes out the ball what can you do next 

51 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

#0 for LCM should hmbe in jail 

If #0 for LCM belongs in jail, where does #3 for silsbee belong? Something similar to this also happened at the state championship game last year. On the way into the locker rooms at half time #3 for silsbee shoved a Dallas Lincoln player square in the back, their just happened to be no video cameras or referees. "We all make mistakes" is maybe okay for a one time offender but man watch the video..

16 minutes ago, MoFo said:

From what I was told our basketball team has a inserted a policy if you receive a technical foul you are out next game. No questions asked. To me this is making a clear statement

A player from Silsbee got a 2 game suspension for a technical foul (issued for mouthing to a ref) earlier this season.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

A player from Silsbee got a 2 game suspension for a technical foul (issued for mouthing to a ref) earlier this season.  

Was any punishment sent down on the punch from #3 at Bridge City? Several have sent me the video since it was mentioned. It was a clear and deliberate punch to the back of the head.

As the majority of basketball followers that have posted on this topic have seen in the LCM/Silsbee video, every detail of every play will not be caught by an official or even a coach trying to coach his players throughout the game.  However....In todays picture perfect video world, players can not hide on a basketball court from video...With that being said...

#1 --- Its obvious there is a push to the face by #5 (Silsbee), whistle blows, #3(LCM) take a swing, #0 (LCM) jumps in with a hand to the face....Benches begin to clear (still not sure how many players from both teams stay in what is considered the "bench area")

#2 --- #3 (Silsbee) clearly throws a punch to player standing on sideline

Question #1 How many players were still remaining on bench area from both teams?

Question #2 If either team had at least 4 remaining players on bench area shouldn't game continue?

Suspensions (Just my opinion)

#3 and #0 (LCM)  will need to be suspended for regular season

#5 (Silsbee) will need to be suspended for regular season

#3 (Silsbee) will need to be suspended for regular/playoffs

Coaching staffs need to do what is RIGHT in this situation and hold accountable parties accountable...period

4 minutes ago, InTheGates said:

As the majority of basketball followers that have posted on this topic have seen in the LCM/Silsbee video, every detail of every play will not be caught by an official or even a coach trying to coach his players throughout the game.  However....In todays picture perfect video world, players can not hide on a basketball court from video...With that being said...

#1 --- Its obvious there is a push to the face by #5 (Silsbee), whistle blows, #3(LCM) take a swing, #0 (LCM) jumps in with a hand to the face....Benches begin to clear (still not sure how many players from both teams stay in what is considered the "bench area")

Question #1 How many players were still remaining on bench area from both teams?

Question #2 If either team had at least 4 remaining players on bench area shouldn't game continue?

Coaching staffs need to do what is RIGHT in this situation and hold accountable parties accountable...period

couldn't agree more......State championships in the grand scheme of life don't mean diddley. 

11 minutes ago, InTheGates said:

Agree with some of post if #3 should be suspended for playoffs so should #0 for LCM because he suckered punched #5 which we have on video and #5 had nice bruise on eye not defending the #3 actions at all but #0 did the exact same thing silsbee just taking high road sending video to UIL not posting on sites but #0 just as guilty trust me IMO they deserve the same 

2 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Agree with some of post if #3 should be suspended for playoffs so should #0 for LCM because he suckered punched #5 which we have on video and #5 had nice bruise on eye not defending the #3 actions at all but #0 did the exact same thing silsbee just taking high road sending video to UIL not posting on sites but #0 just as guilty trust me IMO they deserve the same 

I could see your point and would agree with that, striking an opponent to the face/body in a sporting event with a fist is uncalled for...I agree kingjames

4 minutes ago, kingjames said:

big difference between getting punched in the fray (on the playing field) as opposed to 50 feet away on the bench.