Silsbee 2 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

I'm just commenting on the fact that you said SILSBEE will not win state.

How about you let the rest of the season play out.

Unless you're like others that just want to write them off .

I was assuming many players would be suspended majority of the season until AAW filled me in. I actually have been to many Silsbee games and the only one I rooted against them is Central because I have close ties to a few players on their team. I'd love for Silsbee to win state. 

3 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Gotta keep a cool head... even in situations like this rather your team started it or not. 

I agree. But it has to be tough for a 16 yr old to keep his cool with fist flying at his face. Still wrong though. Gotta have control when you are the big dog. 

20 minutes ago, One4All said:

I know what happened I was there just as I was there when Silsbee and West Orange Played, but everyone in attendance seems to overlook what happened there,, Silsbee guards have to be as good as they are without all the excessive hand check to the face......

You have said hand check in the face about 20 times...Did somebody slap you in the face and you still feeling the effects from it !!!!

And a lot of "shade" has been thrown at coaches here.  I will say unequivocally that both Coach Sigler and Coach Jeffcoat both seem to do a good job controlling their players and don't put up with a lot of nonsense.   Coach Sigler has issued suspensions already this season for on court behavior he didn't like and I've seen Jeffcoat immediately pull players a couple of times who were getting out of hand.   Sometimes a situation arises that gets completely out of control in an instant and all a coach can do is help diffuse it and deal with it appropriately afterwards.  Sounds like that has already begun to occur.  

I don't think Silsbee will have players gone more than 2 games. LCM was about to be blasted. It was the 2nd qtr5and those kids were gased. I find it a joke that the kid would throw a punch in the middle of the game. That is a suckered move and I hope the LCM kids are suspended the rest of the season. 

17 minutes ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

You have said hand check in the face about 20 times...Did somebody slap you in the face and you still feeling the effects from it !!!!

6 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I don't think Silsbee will have players gone more than 2 games. LCM was about to be blasted. It was the 2nd qtr5and those kids were gased. I find it a joke that the kid would throw a punch in the middle of the game. That is a suckered move and I hope the LCM kids are suspended the rest of the season. 

Lol......A suckered move it what happened is Silsbee.....

5 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

So is lcm not classy and just startpunching in a game or does this stem from something else...I watched lcm play their biggest rivalry wos...and didn't see any dirty play at all.there's more to this

On Tuesday night, one of the LCM players involved tonight fell down when trying to make a move to the basketball and lost the ball.  Then he reached out from the floor and grabbed the foot of the defender who was guarding him and intentionally tripped him to the ground.  No call.  

Later in the same game, another kid who has been primarily a JV player for LCM until recently, lowered his shoulder as an opponent was cutting threw the lane and drove into him knocking him down.  Again no call.  

So let's not act like it's preposterous for LCM to have played its part in this fiasco...

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

On Tuesday night, one of the LCM players involved tonight fell down when trying to make a move to the basketball and lost the ball.  Then he reached out from the floor and grabbed the foot of the defender who was guarding him and intentionally tripped him to the ground.  No call.  

Later in the same game, another kid who has been primarily a JV player for LCM until recently, lowered his shoulder as an opponent was cutting threw the lane and drove into him knocking him down.  Again no call.  

So let's not act like it's preposterous for LCM to have played its part in this fiasco...

Didn't mean it that way,I just don't see them punching for the heck of it...I see what you saying though

3 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

You taking bets for state already,long ways to go man...they will not be able to handle Lincoln without more control of themselves.

That's why it's imperative they work on that now.  Can't afford to lose players when you play in that type of game.  Hoping this will be a valuable lesson learned before the playoff run. 

10 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I don't think they had high running emotions at the time though.

You don't think having in your mind losing the State Game would be emotional vs. Lincoln?

Silsbee didn't really need a game plan to win vs. LCM so tonight was all about what was said on Twitter that sparked this debacle.

I think you will find the Tigers will be ready for the play-offs if this team is at full force.

Coaches, players, and administrators at LCM are deeply embarrassed and saddened at the events that transpired in this evening's basketball game.  This type of situation has no business in high school sports or athletic competition anywhere and it is a shame that it occurred.  

Three Silsbee players were ejected from the game as were two from LCM.  I will not list names, but all ejections were for throwing punches.  The official ruling on the game was this:  ALL players on both teams left the bench area, rendering them ineligible to continue the game.  This results in BOTH teams forfeiting.  According to the officials at tonight's game, the team leading at this point is awarded a 2-0 victory.  That team was Silsbee.

It seems that the majority of the posters on this issue are Silsbee fans.  That is to be expected given Silsbee's pedigree, but I do not believe they've given a completely accurate portrayal of what actually happened.  Players from both sides of this were responsible for this unfortunate incident, but the game film does not show LCM as the aggressor.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Furthermore, no LCM players tweeted anything at Silsbee today.  That is fiction.

5 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

You don't think having in your mind losing the State Game would be emotional vs. Lincoln?

Silsbee didn't really need a game plan to win vs. LCM so tonight was all about what was said on Twitter that sparked this debacle.

I think you will find the Tigers will be ready for the play-offs if this team is at full force.

Good I really wanna see them get it

27 minutes ago, Bear Cave said:

Coaches, players, and administrators at LCM are deeply embarrassed and saddened at the events that transpired in this evening's basketball game.  This type of situation has no business in high school sports or athletic competition anywhere and it is a shame that it occurred.  

Three Silsbee players were ejected from the game as were two from LCM.  I will not list names, but all ejections were for throwing punches.  The official ruling on the game was this:  ALL players on both teams left the bench area, rendering them ineligible to continue the game.  This results in BOTH teams forfeiting.  According to the officials at tonight's game, the team leading at this point is awarded a 2-0 victory.  That team was Silsbee.

It seems that the majority of the posters on this issue are Silsbee fans.  That is to be expected given Silsbee's pedigree, but I do not believe they've given a completely accurate portrayal of what actually happened.  Players from both sides of this were responsible for this unfortunate incident, but the game film does not show LCM as the aggressor.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Furthermore, no LCM players tweeted anything at Silsbee today.  That is fiction.

Can you please in your opinion tell us who started the fight Mr. Bear Cave

Better yet who threw the 1st punch