Tarkington 52 Cleveland 48/FINAL

17 hours ago, whsalum said:

Did Cleveland have all their players ? I didn't see this one coming.

Yep, Indians  led by I think 14 late 3rd early 4th and did something I thought at the time might bite them, they slowed it way down a little early which did 2 things. It seemed to take them out of their groove (they only scored 48, very few in the 4th) and it allowed Horns to catch their breathe, then Horns made some athletic plays and it was a game by the 2:00 mark. Horns have the bodies, they often just lack intensity and consistency, when they put it out there they're not pushovers. 

7 hours ago, TeamJagUS said:

Yep, Indians  led by I think 14 late 3rd early 4th and did something I thought at the time might bite them, they slowed it way down a little early which did 2 things. It seemed to take them out of their groove (they only scored 48, very few in the 4th) and it allowed Horns to catch their breathe, then Horns made some athletic plays and it was a game by the 2:00 mark. Horns have the bodies, they often just lack intensity and consistency, when they put it out there they're not pushovers. 

This is exactly what the radio announcer said. Said Cleveland tried to slow it down and it took them out of their game. Cleveland only scored 14 the second half. They said one of the Tarkington players got hot and they could not stop him.