Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baddog

Dallas Cowboys 2017

185 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Cowboys are now 1-6 in games that Dak throws the ball 30 times or more. 

How do the COWBOYS change this?  I know they have to be able to run the ball but it's tough to run with a 6 and 7 man box.  Better route choices?  Leaving a TE/back in to help with pass protection?  What are you thinking?

4 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

How do the COWBOYS change this?  I know they have to be able to run the ball but it's tough to run with a 6 and 7 man box.  Better route choices?  Leaving a TE/back in to help with pass protection?  What are you thinking?

I am no coach, nor near as smart as they are. However, in my opinion, they throw waaaayyy too much on 1st down. Which more often than not results in 2nd and 10 and puts you behind the chains forcing more throws. Last year they pounded the ball on 1st down and often  got 2nd and short and then could run off play action or continue pounded. I was watching yesterday in amazement, watching Dallas be in an empty backfield on 1st down, with the lead. 

People can say whatever they want about my opinion, but facts are facts. Dallas can't win games when they ask Prescott to be the focal point of the offense. He is not elite. Pound the rock early, and often.

I agree with you.  I love watching a running game wear down an opposing defense.  It's one of those catch 22's.  They need to run the ball but have to throw because of what defense's are doing.  I just hope they figure it out pretty soon.  The last two loses have been heart breaking.

22 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I agree with you.  I love watching a running game wear down an opposing defense.  It's one of those catch 22's.  They need to run the ball but have to throw because of what defense's are doing.  I just hope they figure it out pretty soon.  The last two loses have been heart breaking.

Adrian Peterson faced 8 man boxes every game he played in Minnesota, they were able to run effectively. Elliot isn't getting 8 man boxes. Dallas is choosing to throw that much, and it is backfiring. Dare I say they let someone go too soon........

STiger85 likes this

7 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Shoulda burned some more time on last offensive drive.  Giving the best QB in football over a minute of clock (he is unbelievable) was a death sentence.  And their OLine is over-rated.  Not nearly as good as the previous 2 seasons.  2 new starters, which were down grades, and a less than healthy Tyron Smith.  Teams don't respect Dak to beat them through the air.  So they load up.  

Why try to throw the ball from inside the five, after running it down their throats that entire drive?  Could have run close to 30 more seconds off the clock.  Cowboys do this quite often.  Dumb coaching.  Not a Cowboys fan, but if I were, I wouldn't want carrot top as my coach.

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why try to throw the ball from inside the five, after running it down their throats that entire drive?  Could have run close to 30 more seconds off the clock.  Cowboys do this quite often.  Dumb coaching.  Not a Cowboys fan, but if I were, I wouldn't want carrot top as my coach.

I am a Cowboys fan and couldn’t agree more.  The second down call was downright dumb.  If you score on a run on that play, fine of course.  But don’t stop the darn clock on an incompletion.  I’ve never been a big Garrett fan as a HC. 

2 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Garrett is average to below average Head Coach material.  But he's not going anywhere, so it is what it is.  

He is controllable. Jerry's #1 HC criteria. Also, no ego, criteria #2

TxHoops likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Kirbyville 30 Warren 8/FINAL
      I don't know how to respond to this without sounding like I am insulting Warren so...
    • Silsbee 39 Navasota 34/FINAL
      Just a few quick stats:                                                   Tigers           Rattlers Score:  Total                                 39                   34 First Downs:  Total                        25                   17 Rushing Attempts                          52                   20 Net Yards Rushing                       317                   49 Yards per Rush                             6.1                   2.5 Longest Rush                                38                    15 Rushing Touchdowns                     1                     0 Passing:  Net Yards                     202                  282 Passing:Comp-Att-Int             10 / 15 /  0        22 / 39 / 3 Yards per Completion                  20.2                 12.8 Longest Pass Completion             74                      42 Passing:  Touchdowns                   3                       4 Total Net Yards                            519                    331 Average Gain per Play                  7.7                    5.6 Fumbles:  Number/Lost               1 / 1                 1 / 1 All Penalties:Num-Yds                 9 - 80               6 - 55 Punts:  Num-Yds-Long             3 - 63 - 35       3 - 132 - 54 Yards per Punt                            21.0                   44.0 Kick Returns:Num-Yds-Long   1 - 75 - 75         1 - 97 - 97 Kickoff Returns:  Touchdowns        1                      1 Interceptions: Num-Yds-TDs     3 - 10 - 0           0 - 0 - 0 Fumble Rec:Num-Yds-TDs        1 - 0 - 0            1 - 0 - 0 Time of Possession:  Total           30:50              17:10 3rd Downs:  Num Conv / Num       2 / 10            4 / 11 3rd Down Conversion Per            20.0%            36.4% 4th Downs:  Number Conv / Num   0 / 2             1 / 2 4th Down Conversion Per               0.0%           50.0% Field Goals:  Made - Attempted     1 - 2              0 - 1 Longest Field Goal Made                39                  0 Extra Points:  Made - Attempted     4 - 4             4 - 4 Average Drive Start                       30.8               40.0 Red Zone Chances - Scores          4-2                 3-2 Red Zone Scores Breakdown TDs: 2, FGs: 0 TDs: 2, FGs: 0   Tigers Leaders PASSING Completions Attempts Yards Long TDs INTs Jacob Collins 10 15 202 74 3 0               RUSHING Rushes Yards Long TDs Yds/Rush   Chris Martin 21 122 16 0 5.8   Dralyn Taylor 17 151 38 1 8.9   Jacob Collins 7 19 14 0 2.7   Josh Buse' 4 13 7 0 3.3   RECEIVING Catches Thrown To Yards Long TDs Yds/Catch Tre Lowe 6 7 111 74 1 18.5 Kalon Barnes 3 4 78 40 2 26.0 Paxton Bryan 1 3 13 13 0 13.0 Team 0 1 0 0 0   Rattlers Leaders PASSING Completions Attempts Yards Long TDs INTs Jeb Malek 22 39 282 42 4 3               RUSHING Rushes Yards Long TDs Yds/Rush   Thomas Robinson 9 31 15 0 3   Jeb Malek 8 11 9 0 1   Tyrek Houston 1 4 4 0 4   RECEIVING Catches Thrown To Yards Long TDs Yds/Catch Ronnie Jackson 8 11 122 42 2 15.3 Ke'Eric Moore 5 7 51 15 0 10.2 Q. Moore 3 5 46 30 1 15.3
    • ALCS- Astros vs Yankees
      Better known as the kitchen sink mob.
    • Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central
      Well here you go then. Alot are picking this to be a blowout. I will assure you it want.  From the start I picked PNG to win the District and I said a couple of weeks ago that they would beat PAM. They will struggle against central.  The strength of central defense is there secondary. Png wrs will see more man coverage then they have seen all year. And press coverage will bother them.and PAM showed wat not to do wen u get a lead.conserverative on both side of the ball.lets not bring up refs lol. But if png is able to run the ball on them.long nite jags. 28-21 either way. And it want surprise me if central won.
    • Lufkin 50 Beaumont West Brook 7/FINAL
      Thank goodness boy wonder didn’t start for WB. No telling how bad Lufkin would have won. 
  • Topics