Dallas Cowboys 2017

People are saying Dallas is not as good as last year. Well at this point last year Dallas was 2-1 also. Dallas struggled in one game against a good team and all of a sudden Dallas is not that good. The teams Dallas are playing this year are better than last year. Very few teams in the NFL can do what Denver did to Dallas, put seven/eight men in the box and cover WRs one on one. Arizona tried but couldn't get it done. Dallas will be fine people. On to the next game. 

My thoughts on how good Dallas is, is still unknown. The Giants (0-3) are awful as of now. Not just because of their winless record, but if you watched the games, they look morbid on offense and below average on defense. Denver made Dallas look awful. The Cardinals without David Johnson are just okay, and Dallas looked "okay" against them. If your a Cowboys fan and you think they look up to par with the elites in this league, as of now, you are delusional Cowboy fan. They have no been overly impressive, at all. But, they got the tools to get there.

Actually, the Giants win, good or bad, got the monkey off our back. I'll take that division win anytime. The Denver game.....Denver could have beat anyone the way they played. Sometimes a thorough arse whipping is needed to bring you down to earth. I think it is way too early to write anyone off. Offenses need to find their groove and I saw that in the 4th quarter against a good Cardinal team. It will come around. Not really fair to compare this team to last year as we lost half our defense......and it shows. 

After watching the NFL for many moons, I have at least given credit to each team as being professional, and any win is acceptable. As for how good we are, the Superbowl has been won a couple times by wild card teams, so being king of the hill during the regular season is meaningless. Hopefully we can win the East and go from there. I try not to be delusional. Delusional is when I thought we could improve with Chan Gailey or Dave Campo.

Woe, woe, woe!!! Hold up. Don't go spouting off about who players where missing for the game. Arizona had three starters out on offense and Dallas was without two of there best defensive lineman (suspension), rookie MLB, third string corners and safeties (because of injuries). So both sides were missing critical players. Now Dallas on offense and Arizona on defense was full strength. Dallas just beat a good team, that's all.

2 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Kinda defensive there ain't you bud, feeling guilty are we. Not talking about your post, your post has nothing in it about players missing games. That's all!

Wasn't talking about injuries. We lost our starting corners and safety to free agency. It shows. Still played well enough to beat a good team. One more game and we get Irving back.

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Kinda defensive there ain't you bud, feeling guilty are we. Not talking about your post, your post has nothing in it about players missing games. That's all!

If you are referring to mine, losing the best running back in the league changes things a little more than corner being out. Take Leveon Bell away from the Steelers and replace him with James Connor, that is a completely different offense. I am not taking anything away from Dallas. As Baddog said, a win is a win. But Dallas has a long way to go before I would take them a a Super Bowl contender. That is my opinion, nobody has to agree with it.

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

And if you are counting a 1-2 Arizona team as a "good" team, you got some low standards. Their only win came against an AWFUL Colts team, which they won by 3 on a late 4th quarter FG. Arizona is not a good team.

You mentioned the Cardinals without their starting RB Johnson, the Cowboys had five starters missing on defense, five. The Cardinals are a good team even at 1-2, to go in their house and beat them is not to shabby of a job. You even said they where ok so you have a low standard also. Call something what it is and stick to it. The Cowboys better get ready for seven/eight man fronts and hoping Dak can win games with his arm. If the Cowboys grow up like they gonna have to do this year to win games I see a good ending for this team, maybe not great but good. 

43 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You mentioned the Cardinals without their starting RB Johnson, the Cowboys had five starters missing on defense, five. The Cardinals are a good team even at 1-2, to go in their house and beat them is not to shabby of a job. You even said they where ok so you have a low standard also. Call something what it is and stick to it. The Cowboys better get ready for seven/eight man fronts and hoping Dak can win games with his arm. If the Cowboys grow up like they gonna have to do this year to win games I see a good ending for this team, maybe not great but good. 

I am curious on who the five starters are? I did not know that? Which ones? I know a couple Cowboys are suspend, I think Gregory is out for the whole year. He wouldn't count as a starter because he is suspend for so long. Who else was out?

20 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Really starting to like the defensive linemen on this team:  

Taco Charlton

Tyrone Crawford 

Maliek Collins

Demarcus Lawerence

Benson Mayowa

Damontre Moore

Stephen Paea

Charles Tapper

David Irving (back after week 4) 

These guys play hard and most play both DE and DT.  

Wait till we have Lawrence on one end and Irving on the other..... Bookends! Haven't really had that since"Too Tall" Jones and Harvey Martin! 

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

What a quiet thread. Did Dallas have a bye this week?

What can be said? Started out great. Got away from the run game. Fumbled punt was the turn around. 7 FGs says we couldn't stop them between the 20s. 30 points usually wins an NFL game. No pass rush again. On to GB. I never quit my team.

20 hours ago, baddog said:

What can be said? Started out great. Got away from the run game. Fumbled punt was the turn around. 7 FGs says we couldn't stop them between the 20s. 30 points usually wins an NFL game. No pass rush again. On to GB. I never quit my team.

I hear you man. Just messing with some that tried to call out my view of the Cowboys last week after they beat a "good" Cardinal team. Not you.

I more concerned with the offense than the defense.  The defense is second fiddle on this team.  They are not built/ do not have the same type of quality players that the offense has.  A couple of stops, a turnover and forcing FG's is what this defense will give us.  The offense has been built over the years to be a dominate force.  What changed from the 1st half to the 2nd?  Where did the running game go?  What happened to controlling the clock, eating up time of possession, and keeping the defense off the field?  Why is there so much pressure on Dak this year?  Seems like he's being hit/rushed more than normal.  This team will only go as far the offense takes it.  

19 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I more concerned with the offense than the defense.  The defense is second fiddle on this team.  They are not built/ do not have the same type of quality players that the offense has.  A couple of stops, a turnover and forcing FG's is what this defense will give us.  The offense has been built over the years to be a dominate force.  What changed from the 1st half to the 2nd?  Where did the running game go?  What happened to controlling the clock, eating up time of possession, and keeping the defense off the field?  Why is there so much pressure on Dak this year?  Seems like he's being hit/rushed more than normal.  This team will only go as far the offense takes it.  

Last year Prescott was not asked to do "too much". They leaned on the O-line and Elliot. This year, Dallas wants so bad to show how good Prescott is, they have gotten away from what makes the offense good. Prescott is not a bad quarterback by any stretch. But, he also isn't any elite passer. He has thrown the ball 36, 50, 18, and 36 times. That is was too many attempts for him. That is way it seems like he is getting hit/pressured more often. He is 1 interception away from tying his total from all 16 games last year, because for whatever reason, they are trying to make him something he is not. Lean on the Line and Elliot, get off the Dak throwing it 40 times a game train.

Y'all ask what's wrong with you he offense? Doug Free!!! I have heard how this man was the week link on the line for several years, now we see how important he was. Run blocking and pass blocking not as good right now. I do think it will get better as soon as the O line gels more. Also, Dek and Dez needs to get in rhythm.