Dallas Cowboys 2017

On 3/6/2017 at 1:42 PM, Tigers2010 said:

What would you guys think about this?

Dallas Trades- Romo (cap relief), swaps 1st rounders with 49ers (2nd overall), and a 2nd

49ers Trades- 2nd Overall pick

Dallas would then have the pick of the elite DE or CB. My pick would be Marshon Lattimore who is a true shut down CB.

No one is going to trade for Romo.  He will either get cut or retire probably.

8 minutes ago, bigdog said:

No one is going to trade for Romo.  He will either get cut or retire probably.

Oh I am with you. I have said that same thing most of the off season. Dallas wants more than what teams are willing to risk to get him. I don't see him walking away just yet.

IMO one of two things happen with one being the most likely.

1. He is cut.

2. Jerrah is just stubborn enough to keep him. It is a long shot, but I would not be absolutely shocked if they just had a really expensive backup. Long shot.

What of the odds of keeping Romo on the roster and using him as insurance?  You know, just in case something happens to Prescott.  

He would also be good trade bait throughout the season.  It seems every year a QB goes down early in the season.  If the COWBOYS hold on to Romo and a team needs a starter due to injury, there would be more of a chance to trade him.  

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

What of the odds of keeping Romo on the roster and using him as insurance?  You know, just in case something happens to Prescott.  

He would also be good trade bait throughout the season.  It seems every year a QB goes down early in the season.  If the COWBOYS hold on to Romo and a team needs a starter due to injury, there would be more of a chance to trade him.  

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

No matter the injury, no matter the player, no team will give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for a 37 year old with serious injury problem/hasn't played in two years/may only one or two more. Unless a team is a QB away from being a serious SB contender, they aren't wasting picks. I don't see any scenario where Dallas gets anything more than maybe a 5th rounder at best for Romo. 

As far as keeping him on the roster, he will be a major major cap hit for the next two season. Dallas has guys who they are going to need to pay to keep and guys who will be wanting extensions and what not in those years.

If I were Dallas, you just gotta admit to yourself you made a bad deal with Romo, eat the money, cut him, save some money and let everybody move on. Hell, trade him for a 5th rounder. Either way. Jerrah thinks Romo is significantly more valuable then what his market actually is, so a trade seems unlikely. Cleveland aint trading no top picks for a QB. They are dozens of players away from being a contender. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

David Irving looking at a 4 game suspension for PED use. Not a great way to start the year. The defense is already shaky, take away the top performer for 4 weeks, ehh. 

Wow, just great. I was bragging on him today. I guess he should play baseball.

Read an interesting article on the Cowboys 2nd round pick from last year, Jaylon Smith. Everyone knew he had top 10 talent but the injury hit his draft stock. The article I read said don't be surprised if he starts week 1 and becomes an impact player. I am a Texans fan, but as a pure football fan, I hope he can stay healthy and reach his potential, hate to see an injury derail a guy with so much God given ability.

20 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

Read an interesting article on the Cowboys 2nd round pick from last year, Jaylon Smith. Everyone knew he had top 10 talent but the injury hit his draft stock. The article I read said don't be surprised if he starts week 1 and becomes an impact player. I am a Texans fan, but as a pure football fan, I hope he can stay healthy and reach his potential, hate to see an injury derail a guy with so much God given ability.

Agree, and even the sports announcers who we know are NOT all Cowboys fans, have said the same thing......if he gets to be 100%.....watch out!

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, king said:

What's up with Zeke?

At least Demarco Murray don't get in trouble

This is the hidden content, please

You mean the same domestic violence thing that hung over his head all last season that nothing came of, or the assault charge in the bar that the police stopped investigating?

• 2 weeks later...