Dallas Cowboys 2017

52 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Cowboys are now 1-6 in games that Dak throws the ball 30 times or more. 

How do the COWBOYS change this?  I know they have to be able to run the ball but it's tough to run with a 6 and 7 man box.  Better route choices?  Leaving a TE/back in to help with pass protection?  What are you thinking?

4 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

How do the COWBOYS change this?  I know they have to be able to run the ball but it's tough to run with a 6 and 7 man box.  Better route choices?  Leaving a TE/back in to help with pass protection?  What are you thinking?

I am no coach, nor near as smart as they are. However, in my opinion, they throw waaaayyy too much on 1st down. Which more often than not results in 2nd and 10 and puts you behind the chains forcing more throws. Last year they pounded the ball on 1st down and often  got 2nd and short and then could run off play action or continue pounded. I was watching yesterday in amazement, watching Dallas be in an empty backfield on 1st down, with the lead. 

People can say whatever they want about my opinion, but facts are facts. Dallas can't win games when they ask Prescott to be the focal point of the offense. He is not elite. Pound the rock early, and often.

I agree with you.  I love watching a running game wear down an opposing defense.  It's one of those catch 22's.  They need to run the ball but have to throw because of what defense's are doing.  I just hope they figure it out pretty soon.  The last two loses have been heart breaking.

22 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I agree with you.  I love watching a running game wear down an opposing defense.  It's one of those catch 22's.  They need to run the ball but have to throw because of what defense's are doing.  I just hope they figure it out pretty soon.  The last two loses have been heart breaking.

Adrian Peterson faced 8 man boxes every game he played in Minnesota, they were able to run effectively. Elliot isn't getting 8 man boxes. Dallas is choosing to throw that much, and it is backfiring. Dare I say they let someone go too soon........

7 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Shoulda burned some more time on last offensive drive.  Giving the best QB in football over a minute of clock (he is unbelievable) was a death sentence.  And their OLine is over-rated.  Not nearly as good as the previous 2 seasons.  2 new starters, which were down grades, and a less than healthy Tyron Smith.  Teams don't respect Dak to beat them through the air.  So they load up.  

Why try to throw the ball from inside the five, after running it down their throats that entire drive?  Could have run close to 30 more seconds off the clock.  Cowboys do this quite often.  Dumb coaching.  Not a Cowboys fan, but if I were, I wouldn't want carrot top as my coach.

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why try to throw the ball from inside the five, after running it down their throats that entire drive?  Could have run close to 30 more seconds off the clock.  Cowboys do this quite often.  Dumb coaching.  Not a Cowboys fan, but if I were, I wouldn't want carrot top as my coach.

I am a Cowboys fan and couldn’t agree more.  The second down call was downright dumb.  If you score on a run on that play, fine of course.  But don’t stop the darn clock on an incompletion.  I’ve never been a big Garrett fan as a HC. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we totally abandoned the run way too early and put everything on Dak. Comparing the Eagles loss of Peters to Tyrone Smith, some teams have a backup and lose very little. For me, Dallas doesn't possess a big enough play book. They rely too much on plays that generally work, but this makes them very predictable. I will ride with Dak. No other QB could have been successful under that barrage.

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Been saying it all year, film is out on Dak, defenses change looks. He is not a bad QB, but not good enough to win without an outstanding OL and a back like Zeke to carry the load.

How many QB’s are good enough to win without good backs and good Olines? This COWBOYS team was/is built for Tony Romo. How would you change it to build it for Dak?

14 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

How many QB’s are good enough to win without good backs and good Olines? This COWBOYS team was/is built for Tony Romo. How would you change it to build it for Dak?

Top tier QBs. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Luck did when healthy. It is not a knock on Dak. He just isn't an elite QB like those who crowned him last year thought he was. 

And the team is built about as good as possible for Dak. When healthy a great offensive line, and when not suspended a great RB. The Line is banged up and Zeke is gone for 6. That doesnt mean Dak won't be solid when Zeke is playing and the line gets healthy. Just don't expect him to be that great when he doesn't have Zeke to run 25 times a game for 120 yards and the line to keep him in the pocket and on his feet.