Dallas Cowboys 2017

20 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Ahhh. Dallas may lose Williams, but in my opinion, it won't have anything to do with this guy. I may put Lucky out of a job though. Better production for half the price for a return guy.

We still have Butler who we won with while Dez was out. He should move into Williams spot should he bolt. Depth? I really never know. We need defensive linemen who can sack.

I like Bulter. The Gregory pick in the 2nd round did not work out and set them back a bit, but getting a healthy Jaylon Smith will be  potential game changer. This draft class is loaded with pass rushers. I expect Dallas to get away from their OL pick in the 1st and grab one. IDK what they have to offer but if they could trade up into the top 15 they could get an elite rusher. And no I do not think a Tony Romo trade would garner a 2nd round pick or better. I think your looking at a 3rd at best, more likely a 4 or 5 in a trade for Romo.

8 minutes ago, JWB said:

We lost to GB because we couldn't get to Rodgers...we need an elite pass rusher and a true shutdown corner!

I agree, but those are both easier said than done. Though, I think there are 2 "shutdown corners" in the upcoming draft, I don't think any of them fall all the way to Dallas. I think their pick comes down to Jalon Taber CB out of Florida or Sidney Jones CB out of Washington. Ranked #4 and #5 at their position they will be the best available come Cowboys pick. The top three should be gone in the top 15. I think the top 7-10 pass rushers will be gone at that point.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, baddog said:

Mack, have you seen this?......

This is the hidden content, please

I seen a story similar to this a week or so ago. That article said the players being interviewed were playing around or what not, and that he also said he would love to play in Cleveland.

My takes

1. There is no doubt he would rather play for Dallas than Cleveland.

2. Cleveland will most likely take him.

3. Dallas has a 0% chance of trading Tony Romo for the #1 pick. Excluding a crazy package involving Dallas picks 1-3 (which if I was Dallas I would consider)

2 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I seen a story similar to this a week or so ago. That article said the players being interviewed were playing around or what not, and that he also said he would love to play in Cleveland.

My takes

1. There is no doubt he would rather play for Dallas than Cleveland.

2. Cleveland will most likely take him.

3. Dallas has a 0% chance of trading Tony Romo for the #1 pick. Excluding a crazy package involving Dallas picks 1-3 (which if I was Dallas I would consider)

Garrett said to trade Romo and send a couple picks to Cleveland so they can draft him. Cleveland is stupid enough to do it.

23 minutes ago, baddog said:

Garrett said to trade Romo and send a couple picks to Cleveland so they can draft him. Cleveland is stupid enough to do it.

Maybe they are. I don't know, I think they are trying to smarten up. They know they can't compete even with Romo in 2017, and at his age and injury history he may have 2-3 years tops left. I don't think they are that stupid. But, it is Cleveland.

If trading Romo to get higher in the draft order is the goal, I think the more reasonable outcome is Buffalo at 10. Buffalo believes they are a QB away from making that push. They have an excellent defense and above average skill guys. I could see them entertaining a Romo trade. Cleveland seems like a fantasy wish.

Most things I have read in the last week or so, indicates he is more likely to be outright cut before being traded. Dallas wants more than other teams are willing to part with for a 37 year old QB with his injuries and lack of game action the last couple years. Teams are dealing big based on 1 drive (though impressive) the whole season.

• 3 weeks later...