Little Cypress-Mauriceville 44 Bridge City 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

A couple of old Orange County foes battle in District 22-4A play tonight as the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears host the Bridge City Cardinals tonight on KOGT!  Brad Jeffcoat's Bears, 19-11 on the season, finished the 1st half of district play with a 4-1 mark after a 64-59 win over West Orange-Stark on Friday.  Meanwhile, Larry Sterling's Cardinals, 12-9 on the season, finished up the 1st half of district at 2-3 after a 98-60 loss to Silsbee on Friday.

The two met back on January 13th in Bridge City with the Bears taking the 50-43 victory.

Join Gary Stelly for all of the action from the Bear Cave in Little Cypress beginning with the scheduled tip off at 7:30 pm by tuning your radio to AM 1600 KOGT, or by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Greater Orange Area Sports on Your Hometown Radio Station, AM 1600 KOGT, and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

1 hour ago, BillyHoyle said:

Both coaches will have their teams ready to play. I look for an intense showdown in the Bear Cave tonight! 

I agree, it will be intense. I look for Katon Brown to get going early and lead LC-M to a ~5 point win. The crowd has slowly grown larger over the last few weeks at The Bear Cave, I expect tonight to be no different.

LCM 44, Bridge City 35.  Bears led by Ayson Simmons with 14 pts, 5 boards, and 4 assists and Katon Brown with 12 points and 10 rebounds.  BC coaches did a great job slowing the game down tonight and made everything tough.  Freshmen and JV also won pulling off the sweep.  Bears move to 19-11 on the year and 5-1 in district.  LCM will travel to Orangefield on Friday.