I need a week one game. any takers.

2 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

No sir, that is incorrect. Go pull my quote that said all people protesting are trash.

Also in my previous statements, I said "protesting" and "marching", with those quotes around them because they have not been protest and marching here lately. They have been rioting and looting. I also do not have anything against a good protest, but tell me the last time the LEFT has organized a good protest that didn't involve fire, broken windows, and people getting beat up.

Here in New Orleans, LA the next day after inauaguration, thousands marched peacefully as they did in most places. No damage. So was Austin, Texas, NYC. and California. There you go, that was easy. Before that here in New Orleans, the left organized a protest against community violence when a football player was gunned down.  There goes another one. Boom. Done.

What you are referring to I believe is what happened in downtown D.C. when a few people broke windows, set a fire, and attacked a limo. Its funny how you generalize those 10-15 idiots to the entire march. Some places had  thousands of people marching peacefully. But I guess you ignore that because it doesn't help your point right.

I didn't appreciate you equating kneeling to rioting or disrespecting people when nearly every person who does it says that are protesting social injustice, not the military. How would protesting the military accomplish anything or change laws anyway? That is a stupid idea and statement in itself.

No one should riot. To be American is to stand up for what you believe in, even if those around you cant see the big picture.

2 minutes ago, 90yshallow said:

It disgusts me when I see coaches (most of whom teach History) piss on the graves of soldiers by trying to restrict freedom and peaceful free expression at publicly funded events.  It's ridiculous. 

Coaches don't even have to know history. Kinesiology doesnt require much.

9 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Here in New Orleans, LA the next day after inauaguration, thousands marched peacefully as they did in most places. No damage. So was Austin, Texas, NYC. and California. There you go, that was easy. Before that here in New Orleans, the left organized a protest against community violence when a football player was gunned down.  There goes another one. Boom. Done.

What you are referring to I believe is what happened in downtown D.C. when a few people broke windows, set a fire, and attacked a limo. Its funny how you generalize those 10-15 idiots to the entire march. Some places had  thousands of people marching peacefully. But I guess you ignore that because it doesn't help your point right.

I didn't appreciate you equating kneeling to rioting or disrespecting people when nearly every person who does it says that are protesting social injustice, not the military. How would protesting the military accomplish anything or change laws anyway? That is a stupid idea and statement in itself.

No one should riot. To be American is to stand up for what you believe in, even if those around you cant see the big picture.

10-15 huh

This is the hidden content, please

The bigger picture is that gang violence/ black on black crime has taken more lives than racial profiling has. Look up the statistics.

we are teaching our kids that protesting authority is the route to take. Police are in place to protect and serve (and yes there are some crooked cops), and the reason they patrol certain places more heavily is because of the honest truth that numbers don't lie. And the numbers show where there is more crime at.

so now we teach kids that police are the bad guys. Police shoots white person and nothing gets said, police shoots black person and the whole world is turned upside down. So, we teach kids (particularly young black kids) to hate cops, and guess who else hates cops? That's right, gangs! So where do these young kids fit in at? Once again, gangs! And now we have this vicious never ending cycle of gang activity (white, black, and Mexican gangs) that will never end until we finally realize that the problem isn't the government. The problem is the groups of people that are fueled by hate, who recruits others, who are fueled by more hate.

the problem with America during the civil war was not blacks/slaves. It was the racist white poeple who hated them. It was the groups like the KKK who were the problem.

Gang violence is the problem today. It's almost like we are playing a game of "every color for themselves" and placing the game on the government and the police. I'm not a huge fan of our government here lately, but WE created this problem. And until we address the true problem, then there always will be a problem.

Racism goes both ways. Blacks complain about being racially profiled and looked down on by white people. But it's the same way the other way around too. I've gone to many central vs ozen games in football and basketball, and I can't even count the number of rude looks I got from people, just for the simple fact that I'm white. And I've seen black people walk into the stands at a Lumberton game and sadly get the same looks. My point is, there's racists on both sides. And until we label THAT as the problem, then the problem will always exist.

now I'm off my soap box :) hopefully I offended nobody!

12 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

10-15 huh

Ok I can go all day man. Lets use your numbers. I can help you out with this since you are cleary trying to make a point for me. Lets do math.

217 protesters arrested/ 440,000 protesters present in DC = 0.0005% of people who went actually got arrested. For it to be 1% that means 4400 people would have had to have been arrested. Do you see what I am saying here. The overwhelming majority of people are not doing anything wrong and less than half of one percent are. 

5 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Ok I can go all day man. Lets use your numbers. I can help you out with this since you are cleary trying to make a point for me. Lets do math.

217 protesters arrested/ 440,000 protesters present in DC = 0.0005% of people who went actually got arrested. For it to be 1% that means 4400 people would have had to have been arrested. Do you see what I am saying here. The overwhelming majority of people are not doing anything wrong and less than half of one percent are. 

It is a shame when such a small group can discount the legitimate work of the larger population of people. Wouldn't you agree?

So I'm a communist because I'm patriotic. I'm not black because I'm against kneeling for the anthem. I don't know history because I'm a Coach. Hmmm sure is a non racist, non stereotyping, non profiling group we have. I fully grasp and appreciate the 1st amendment. However, just because you have a right to protest doesn't mean I don't have a right to disagree with the type of protest you are doing. People say stupid stuff all the time but that's their right. You also said you've made progress with the local police department in regards to racial profiling after speaking with them. So were you only granted the right to speak with them because you had disrespected the flag? I'm also sad to see that you referring to the constitution as my constitution. And too that point that was written in 1787. It's been repealed for awhile. However the 1st amendment is still very much valid and you feel free to use that one in "my constitution". As to the the whole point of your protest I fully support the ideas they stand for I just simply disagree with the manner in which you choose to protest. If anything I see people turned away from your cause due to the kneeling. By the way I'm a history major that grade with a 3.4 GPA but I'm ignorant to history. Oh and a quick question, if I were black what difference would that make? Good luck getting a game. I mean that truly for the kids. I just really hope it's not in Texas. I'd hate for your protest to take away from the game. 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

It is a shame when such a small group can discount the legitimate work of the larger population of people. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, but that's the point of research. News media will portray a story to fit their side whether Dem or GOP. Both are a load of crap. 

• 2 weeks later...