Ozen's Head Basketball Coach

JustUs

6 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Ozen's Seaveat has thrown his hat in the ring of 26 applicants for the BISD AD job per Beaumont Enterprise as of Jan.18,2017...Should he prevail could Boutte apply for the Ozen job ? Inquiring minds would like to know how this equation would pan out.... 

And miss an opportunity to win 3 championships with 3 different teams?

41 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Imo his chances of pulling off another championship would be greater on the 5A level...Unless BISD goes to 2-high schools in Beaumont...jmo

But I believe 8th graders in Beaumont can choose their school. Boutee will attract them no matter what school he is at. As far as classification, Silsbee is an example if why it doesnt matter as much in basketball. Just takes 8 really strong players to get it done. If Silsbee were in 6A with their current team, they would be in the top 5 and have a legit shot at a state championship. Just thinking like a competitive coach, how sweet would it be to win ships in 5A and 6A? 

22 minutes ago, winwin said:

But I believe 8th graders in Beaumont can choose their school. Boutee will attract them no matter what school he is at. As far as classification, Silsbee is an example if why it doesnt matter as much in basketball. Just takes 8 really strong players to get it done. If Silsbee were in 6A with their current team, they would be in the top 5 and have a legit shot at a state championship. Just thinking like a competitive coach, how sweet would it be to win ships in 5A and 6A? 

I totally agree with your rationale...However a change is going to come in BISD..The days of going wherever you want and disregarding zoned schools is about to stop....Sounds hilarious i know...We shall see...

48 minutes ago, JustUs said:

I totally agree with your rationale...However a change is going to come in BISD..The days of going wherever you want and disregarding zoned schools is about to stop....Sounds hilarious i know...We shall see...

That change would change my thoughts completely lol

49 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Well there's two high schools that the education level has to drastically improve before we see that!

5 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Well there's two high schools that the education level has to drastically improve before we see that!

You as a West Brook fan will hate to see this because they as a school are surviving off of kids that are supposed to be going to Ozen and Central, especially on the football side.  I can't speak for Ozen but what you speak of is improving at Central...

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Why even bring this up ?

It's his given right to apply for any job in the world even if it is mid-district season...Hopefully it doent send a negative message. He's a nice guy and good coach. His thought process had to encounter there would be consequences and talk by simply applying....It's no secret its in the public newspaper (Beaumont Enterprise)...jmo...

On January 24, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Jag Insider said:

You as a West Brook fan will hate to see this because they as a school are surviving off of kids that are supposed to be going to Ozen and Central, especially on the football side.  I can't speak for Ozen but what you speak of is improving at Central...

Has nothing to do with athletics or who I'm a fan of. Fact is you're not going to force my child to go to a school that is giving a lesser education just because you want to have equal athletes at that particular school. And Ozen and Central has benefited from athletes that were zoned to West Brook!

16 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Has nothing to do with athletics or who I'm a fan of. Fact is you're not going to force my child to go to a school that is giving a lesser education just because you want to have equal athletes at that particular school. And Ozen and Central has benefited from athletes that were zoned to West Brook!

If you only knew...

On 1/24/2017 at 9:28 PM, JustUs said:

Ozen's Seaveat has thrown his hat in the ring of 26 applicants for the BISD AD job per Beaumont Enterprise as of Jan.18,2017...Should he prevail could Boutte apply for the Ozen job ? Inquiring minds would like to know how this equation would pan out.... 

Murphy's Law....

On 1/24/2017 at 11:04 PM, winwin said:

Let's just agree to disagree.  They haven't even won it in their own classification yet.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, winwin said:

This is entirely accurate if you change 6A to 5A.  If Silsbee was in 6A, they'd be a top-25 team, and while they'd be very competitive, they would have to pull multiple upsets to make it to a state championship.  Forgive me for not going through their entire schedule to make sure which out of town big city schools are 6A and which are 5A, but it appears Silsbee is a game or two above .500 this year against 6A.  They've  lost 5 games this season to 6A schools, including to 16-12 Hightower, 20-9 Taylor, and 18-13 College park, as well as two of the best 6A schools in the state.  That being said, none of those is a bad loss, but those three losses are more than enough to show me that Silsbee wouldn't be a favorite of any kind to win a title in 6A.  Great squad, would certainly be competitive, but there's just too much depth and that size for them to go all the way.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This is entirely accurate if you change 6A to 5A.  If Silsbee was in 6A, they'd be a top-25 team, and while they'd be very competitive, they would have to pull multiple upsets to make it to a state championship.  Forgive me for not going through their entire schedule to make sure which out of town big city schools are 6A and which are 5A, but it appears Silsbee is a game or two above .500 this year against 6A.  They've  lost 5 games this season to 6A schools, including to 16-12 Hightower, 20-9 Taylor, and 18-13 College park, as well as two of the best 6A schools in the state.  That being said, none of those is a bad loss, but those three losses are more than enough to show me that Silsbee wouldn't be a favorite of any kind to win a title in 6A.  Great squad, would certainly be competitive, but there's just too much depth and that size for them to go all the way.

Yea but they lost to those 6A teams because of dead leg caused by long bus trips and bad gym lighting :)

26 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

This isn't a Silsbee thread.

Why even bring it up? To many threads get off topic.  jmo

Well, Mr. Oldfool is the culprit again.  A learned member (and an actual coach) was trying to make a point and just used Silsbee as an example (in all of 1-2 lines of the post) and in that example used kind words about the Tigers.  Well, oldfool certainly can't have that and decided to dispute this "praise,"  He is like a moth drawn to a light.....a local team gets what he views as praise and he has to do his dead level best to try and rain on it.  Pretty hypocritical for a guy who once boldly stated that he wished for all "area" teams to have success.  But I guess Silsbee is not in his area.  Of course, he will now come on with protestations of how he has said that Silsbee is a good team and that I am twisting his words here (as you can tell, this is not my first dance with him).  That is how this thread, which began discussing Marquis Savaet's applying for the Beaumont ISD AD job, morphed into "Could Silsbee compete in 6A" thread.

To morph it back into the original topic, several factors are pointing against Coach Saveat in his application for the AD spot.  First, as is noted, the fact that his brother was removed from the post doesn't bode well for him.  Further, the ongoing saga that brought about his administrative leave, whether there is basis in fact for it or whether the whole allegation was conjured up by one or more disgruntled fans or parents, probably sealed his fate there.  In fact, it remains to be seen whether or not Coach Saveat will ever coach another Ozen game again.  The fact is that a coach on administrative leave rarely, if ever, makes it back to his previous position.  Usually, a coach placed on adminstrative leave is terminated.  In those rare cases when that is not the case, the episode leaves such a bad taste in their mouth that they decide to leave on their own (see the example of West Brook football coach Kevin Flanigan). 

31 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, Mr. Oldfool is the culprit again.  A learned member (and an actual coach) was trying to make a point and just used Silsbee as an example (in all of 1-2 lines of the post) and in that example used kind words about the Tigers.  Well, oldfool certainly can't have that and decided to dispute this "praise,"  He is like a moth drawn to a light.....a local team gets what he views as praise and he has to do his dead level best to try and rain on it.  Pretty hypocritical for a guy who once boldly stated that he wished for all "area" teams to have success.  But I guess Silsbee is not in his area.  Of course, he will now come on with protestations of how he has said that Silsbee is a good team and that I am twisting his words here (as you can tell, this is not my first dance with him).  That is how this thread, which began discussing Marquis Savaet's applying for the Beaumont ISD AD job, morphed into "Could Silsbee compete in 6A" thread.

To morph it back into the original topic, several factors are pointing against Coach Saveat in his application for the AD spot.  First, as is noted, the fact that his brother was removed from the post doesn't bode well for him.  Further, the ongoing saga that brought about his administrative leave, whether there is basis in fact for it or whether the whole allegation was conjured up by one or more disgruntled fans or parents, probably sealed his fate there.  In fact, it remains to be seen whether or not Coach Saveat will ever coach another Ozen game again.  The fact is that a coach on administrative leave rarely, if ever, makes it back to his previous position.  Usually, a coach placed on adminstrative leave is terminated.  In those rare cases when that is not the case, the episode leaves such a bad taste in their mouth that they decide to leave on their own (see the example of West Brook football coach Kevin Flanigan). 

I understand that you're in love with the idea of making me look bad...but you may want to re-read the threads from top to bottom.  I didn't say anything about Silsbee....I quoted what someone else said.  Nice try, though.