Guns

Big girl

35 minutes ago, Big girl said:

He made an attempt, but that is irrelevant. I asked when is President Obama coming for our guns? Some of you guys said "he is coming for our guns". When, I say. When?

You are a little short on comprehension. He couldn't close Gitmo, so he gave up...just like he gave up trying to take our guns. It was evident even to him that gun confiscation would be a futile endeavor, thus he didn't even attempt it. This is clearly evident to the majority of people, but sadly not all.

If Congress would have passed a bill outlawing private gun ownership, Obama would have broken his arm trying to whip out a pen fast enough to sign the bill into law.

And did you actually think you had a "gotcha" question here? Seriously, did you actually think that? I would hate to think someone that has the mental capacity to perform a complicated task such as getting on the internet is simultaneously this short-sighted.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

He made an attempt, but that is irrelevant. I asked when is President Obama coming for our guns? Some of you guys said "he is coming for our guns". When, I say. When?

You never heard your boy say we need common sense gun control? He tried to get a bill through congress but it was like throwing a chicken into an alligator farm. What else you got?

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

You never heard your boy say we need common sense gun control? He tried to get a bill through congress but it was like throwing a chicken into an alligator farm. What else you got?

All it would take is a very simple google to see legislation that Obama has proposed (multiple years) for "safer" gun laws...I guess that's asking too much.

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

When is President Obama coming for our guns?

He tried.  I stated from the beginning that he would never be successful.  I was proven correct, but I understand the fear that many gun owners felt with him in office.  If he could've, he most certainly would've.

23 hours ago, Big girl said:

When is President Obama coming for our guns?

Hey wanted to, he said that he wanted to and he tried to but somebody in his party kept reminding him that it was unconstitutional. After inidents like Sandy Hook he openly stated that he would use his pen to bring gun control into action because Congress had failed to act.  Hey said the same thing about immigration. 

Then (again) someone in his party and inner circle reminded him of the law and the Constitution   I think he signed 20+ executive orders after Sandy Hook,  most of which were not worth the paper they were printed on and he signed legislation about immigration which the federal court ruled was illegal.  Hey tried to bring about gun restrictions but could not. 

No, Obama did not come for our guns because the law simply would not allow him to. Had a democratically controlled Congress sent him an out right gun ban on certain weapons, if not all of them, he would have signed it. The U.S. Constitution stopped him and groups like the NRA put enough pressure on politicians to know that they would be vote themselves out of office. That was all they stopped him come from coming for our guns, not because it was a right wing  conspiracy. 

How do we know the NRA is effective and was what stood in front of Obama? Two months before the first midterm elections  of Bill Clinton's time, he was sent  assault weapons ban what she signed into legislation.  During that election cycle the Republicans took over complete control of Congress for the first time in almost 50 years.  They then held that complete control of Congress for the remaining six years of Bill Clinton's presidency.  Ponder that for a few moments. The Republicans had not had both houses of Congress for almost 3 generations and within two months of the gun ban held it for the rest of the Democratic president's time in office.  I am talking about the three election cycles. On a humorous side bar, people that love to point to the success of Bill Clinton fail to remember or state that every bit of the laws that he signed for the last six years of his career came from completely Republican controlled Congress. 

I realize that you just troll and probably do not believe 90% of the tripe that you post. Sometimes it is fun to post historical truth however. 

59 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Hey wanted to, he said that he wanted to and he tried to but somebody in his party kept reminding him that it was unconstitutional. After inidents like Sandy Hook he openly stated that he would use his pen to bring gun control into action because Congress had failed to act.  Hey said the same thing about immigration. 

Then (again) someone in his party and inner circle reminded him of the law and the Constitution   I think he signed 20+ executive orders after Sandy Hook,  most of which were not worth the paper they were printed on and he signed legislation about immigration which the federal court ruled was illegal.  Hey tried to bring about gun restrictions but could not. 

No, Obama did not come for our guns because the law simply would not allow him to. Had a democratically controlled Congress sent him an out right gun ban on certain weapons, if not all of them, he would have signed it. The U.S. Constitution stopped him and groups like the NRA put enough pressure on politicians to know that they would be vote themselves out of office. That was all they stopped him come from coming for our guns, not because it was a right wing  conspiracy. 

How do we know the NRA is effective and was what stood in front of Obama? Two months before the first midterm elections  of Bill Clinton's time, he was sent  assault weapons ban what she signed into legislation.  During that election cycle the Republicans took over complete control of Congress for the first time in almost 50 years.  They then held that complete control of Congress for the remaining six years of Bill Clinton's presidency.  Ponder that for a few moments. The Republicans had not had both houses of Congress for almost 3 generations and within two months of the gun ban held it for the rest of the Democratic president's time in office.  I am talking about the three election cycles. On a humorous side bar, people that love to point to the success of Bill Clinton fail to remember or state that every bit of the laws that he signed for the last six years of his career came from completely Republican controlled Congress. 

I realize that you just troll and probably do not believe 90% of the tripe that you post. Sometimes it is fun to post historical truth however. 

Anyone that hunts, shoots, owns a gun or simply cares about adhering to the Constitution needs to join the NRA.

Google NRA-ILA if you want to see what they are battling daily with what I think are very inexpensive membership dues.

OK...off my soapbox. :)

17 minutes ago, mat said:

During his terms it became apparent that gun control was an uphill battle so they tried to back door gun owners with the ammunition shortage.

Guess who was behind that?...........Soros! Plus the fact the government was buying up millions of rounds creating a shortage.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Guess who was behind that?...........Soros! Plus the fact the government was buying up millions of rounds creating a shortage.

Why does the USPS need millions of rounds of .22 bullets?  They claim to be always broke, but can spend millions on ammo.  Goodbye and good riddance Obama, the worst potus in history. Get behind your wall in your compound in DC, and become a hermit.  We need nothing else from you.

• 10 months later...
On 1/20/2017 at 9:53 AM, Big girl said:

Roflmbo. Your ignorance is astonishing.

coming from you I find that a complement thanks. I also believe Obama was the most crooked and racist Pres. to ever hold the office as a matter of fact he didn't  do anything to help anyone but himself and his cronies by lining their pockets with tax payers money.