Suburban Chicago School Teaching White Genocide & Other Leftist Propaganda

Hagar

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

Another news story that to my knowledge, the English language has no appropriate word to describe.  I guess in lieu of that I'll simply say, No Country for Old Men.

This is the hidden content, please

I have to wonder how this can get past the curriculum guidelines. Does the entire state of Illinois carry these classes? Maybe they are different than Texas.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

I have to wonder how this can get past the curriculum guidelines. Does the entire state of Illinois carry these classes? Maybe they are different than Texas.

Illinois is to hell and gone different from Texas lol.  But I can't answer your specific question, but I'd bet yes.  Bunch of good folks there, but way to many goofy, stupid, ones also.

6 hours ago, Englebert said:

What proof do you have that this is fake? It might be, I don't know. But you have made so many deceitful assertions on this board that your credibility is absolute zero. Please back up your claim.

It's a story from a questionable news site that has been taken from an even more questionable news site.  Basically an ultra-conservative website wrote a fairly long opinion piece (with a few facts sprinkled in) about what a Chicago high school was teaching.  Then another ultra-conservative sight took that piece and trimmed it down and reported it all as fact.  While Chicago schools are in fact teaching very liberal things, what do you expect?  it's a liberal district in a liberal city in a liberal state, with liberal leaders all the way from the schools up to the state government.  Do you expect them to teach conservative values?  Southern states are just as guilty of Chicago about shoving their ideals and ideologies onto their students through course work, the only difference is the right agrees with those so it's okay.  I don't agree with one side or the other.  I'd prefer that schools teach kids the subjects that they need to know to make it through college and into a career field, instead of school officials and teachers trying to indoctrinate their students with their own political beliefs. 

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's a story from a questionable news site that has been taken from an even more questionable news site.  Basically an ultra-conservative website wrote a fairly long opinion piece (with a few facts sprinkled in) about what a Chicago high school was teaching.  Then another ultra-conservative sight took that piece and trimmed it down and reported it all as fact.  While Chicago schools are in fact teaching very liberal things, what do you expect?  it's a liberal district in a liberal city in a liberal state, with liberal leaders all the way from the schools up to the state government.  Do you expect them to teach conservative values?  Southern states are just as guilty of Chicago about shoving their ideals and ideologies onto their students through course work, the only difference is the right agrees with those so it's okay.  I don't agree with one side or the other.  I'd prefer that schools teach kids the subjects that they need to know to make it through college and into a career field, instead of school officials and teachers trying to indoctrinate their students with their own political beliefs. 

What do southern states teach that equates to what is listed in the article?

And what makes Breitbart a questionable news site?  I'm asking if you have examples that makes them questionable...you seem to imply that being ultra-conservative makes them "questionable".

I think it tends to make them more accurate.

55 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Like I said, I don't know if this is fake or real. Big Girl has a habit of posting far Left "fake news" stories from highly questionable sources. Her response to this was "This is a fake news story. Geez!!!"  My post was just to question her as to her source of it being untrue. And as predicted, she refuses to answer.

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

What do southern states teach that equates to what is listed in the article?

And what makes Breitbart a questionable news site?  I'm asking if you have examples that makes them questionable...you seem to imply that being ultra-conservative makes them "questionable".

I think it tends to make them more accurate.

I consider any website questionable that takes articles from disreputable news sites and reports them as fact.  Breithbart did it in this case.  I don't have other examples of breithbart doing so, because I don't read it.  That being said, out of my sample size of one, they're batting a thousand, so I'm assuming it's not an isolated incident.  But to put it more simply, any time I see a site quote an article that I know fox on the right wouldn't quote, or that cnn on the left wouldn't quote, I don't trust that site. You'll see it all the time, from both sides.  Csn quotes southern journalism quoting (insert other conservative propaganda site here), and all of a sudden it's "fact" because there are 20 propaganda sites sources running the story.  IMO, If fox talks about it, there's something there.  Just my opinion, but I've seen it happen enough that I'm comfortable voicing it.  

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

Like I said, I don't know if this is fake or real. Big Girl has a habit of posting far Left "fake news" stories from highly questionable sources. Her response to this was "This is a fake news story. Geez!!!"  My post was just to question her as to her source of it being untrue. And as predicted, she refuses to answer.

I'm with you 100% there, bud.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I consider any website questionable that takes articles from disreputable news sites and reports them as fact.  Breithbart did it in this case.  I don't have other examples of breithbart doing so, because I don't read it.  That being said, out of my sample size of one, they're batting a thousand, so I'm assuming it's not an isolated incident.  But to put it more simply, any time I see a site quote an article that I know fox on the right wouldn't quote, or that cnn on the left wouldn't quote, I don't trust that site. You'll see it all the time, from both sides.  Csn quotes southern journalism quoting (insert other conservative propaganda site here), and all of a sudden it's "fact" because there are 20 propaganda sites sources running the story.  IMO, If fox talks about it, there's something there.  Just my opinion, but I've seen it happen enough that I'm comfortable voicing it.  

Fair enough, that's your opinion, but how do you know it's not fact...do you dismiss all articles that don't come from your approved sources...that might make some short reading.

And you never answered my first question about the southern states.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Fair enough, that's your opinion, but how do you know it's not fact...do you dismiss all articles that don't come from your approved sources...that might make some short reading.

And you never answered my first question about the southern states.

It's been my experience that southern states do their best to infuse conservative view points into their teaching.  Nothing more complicated than that.  I read the link that breithbart referenced, and as best I could tell some of it WAS true, but a lot of it was fairly reasonable considering where it was being taught and who was teaching it.  It was represented as a lot bigger deal than it should of been, and I must've missed the part about the genocide, which is certainly the most outrageous part of the story.  I will admit it was poorly written and parts of came off as silly, so I read it quickly and without my full attention 

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Big Girls is back and Remmus is gone?

I've read enough of big girl's posts to state with certainty that there's no way they're the same person.  Their posts don't read the same to me at all, and he'll actually concede a point from time to time, but the real clue is that he actually knows how to use the site's quote feature :)

31 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's been my experience that southern states do their best to infuse conservative view points into their teaching.  Nothing more complicated than that.  I read the link that breithbart referenced, and as best I could tell some of it WAS true, but a lot of it was fairly reasonable considering where it was being taught and who was teaching it.  It was represented as a lot bigger deal than it should of been, and I must've missed the part about the genocide, which is certainly the most outrageous part of the story.  I will admit it was poorly written and parts of came off as silly, so I read it quickly and without my full attention 

Quite an evaluation of a news source with a sample of one, read without your full attention.  :)

But that really is beside the point...way too much is made about the source on here IMO...if someone doesn't believe the article, either dismiss it or prove it wrong, rather than simply saying it's poorly written and a questionable source without anything to back it up.  If we all took that approach, there would never be any debate...simply say the source was garbage.

And I'll re-ask my question.. What do southern states teach that equates to what is listed in the article?

Conservative view points...really?

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

You are or were a school teacher right?  

Most of the federal/state school boards that set our curriculum are huge liberals, which is pretty much well known.  They are directly leading to the dumbing down of our kids with their policies of just teaching them to pass the state test,  instead of preparing them for the real world.  I guess that's a good way to secure votes forever, but it's terrible for our society as a whole.

I would hope that the Poet who wrote the poem would at least be able to answer these 7th & 8th grade STAAR test questions about her own poem, but I guess that's a lot to ask of the original author.  The liberal that wrote the test questions probably knows way more about what she meant than the actual poet.  

*note- this link is from big girls favorite, the Huffington Post, so it can't be Fake News  

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I've read enough of big girl's posts to state with certainty that there's no way they're the same person.  Their posts don't read the same to me at all, and he'll actually concede a point from time to time, but the real clue is that he actually knows how to use the site's quote feature :)

It's called a different syntax...... :)

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Quite an evaluation of a news source with a sample of one, read without your full attention.  :)

But that really is beside the point...way too much is made about the source on here IMO...if someone doesn't believe the article, either dismiss it or prove it wrong, rather than simply saying it's poorly written and a questionable source without anything to back it up.  If we all took that approach, there would never be any debate...simply say the source was garbage.

And I'll re-ask my question.. What do southern states teach that equates to what is listed in the article?

Conservative view points...really?

the onus is on the person who posts the article to prove it's authenticity.  it's funny how someone can post something on here from a questionable source, and then everyone slaps each other's back and agrees how great or awful it is (depending on who it criticizes), and when someone questions it, they're expected to prove it false, rather than the other way around.  I had trouble reading the link that was posted in the breithbart article because of how poorly written it was, and how obvious of a hit piece it was, rather than an actual objective news story.  I'm fairly certain a lot of folks on here just read the title to the threads, without ever reading the article, much less following the links to find the original story, and then form strong opinions on the issue.

as for conservative view points, how about Texas' continued effort to purge the teaching of evolution in our schools?

45 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

the onus is on the person who posts the article to prove it's authenticity.  it's funny how someone can post something on here from a questionable source, and then everyone slaps each other's back and agrees how great or awful it is (depending on who it criticizes), and when someone questions it, they're expected to prove it false, rather than the other way around.  I had trouble reading the link that was posted in the breithbart article because of how poorly written it was, and how obvious of a hit piece it was, rather than an actual objective news story.  I'm fairly certain a lot of folks on here just read the title to the threads, without ever reading the article, much less following the links to find the original story, and then form strong opinions on the issue.

as for conservative view points, how about Texas' continued effort to purge the teaching of evolution in our schools?

Because evolution is a flawed theory. Not to mention put out by the same people who claim global warming is man made.....that's not teaching or rejecting ideology....that's rejecting "flawed science" aka. facts!