Silsbee 124 Hamshire-Fannett 62/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

HJ did it many times in the '92 season and a few in their '91 state championship season.

I was just wondering I" really had know ideal. lol So it hasn't happened since the early 90's .That's pretty cool What's the most any team in the area has put on the board are the state record because Silsbee could of put up a lot more points last night than they did easy. 

4 minutes ago, Who That said:

I was just wondering I" really had know ideal. lol So it hasn't happened since the early 90's .That's pretty cool What's the most any team in the area has put on the board are the state record be Silsbee could of put up a lot more points last night than they did easy. 

That '92 HJ team set all kinds of state scoring records. Yates topped a few of those records a few years ago.

I think HJ topped 150 points a couple of times that year.

44 minutes ago, Who That said:

Wow... That's about what Silsbee could of easily put up last night. I was just wondering because I" believe Silsbee could break it this year. :)

Not sure what you mean by "easily". I don't know many teams who leave their best 5 in a game leading by 67 at end of 3rd Q.

I am sure those HJ teams had their subs in the 4th Q of those blowouts so one could claim they "easily" could have scored 200.

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Up 67 you go to the bench and let to them play. Silsbee bench is still much better than HFs 1st 5. 

Good to get those kids extra minutes.  As has been evidenced, there is not a lot separating teams 2-5 in this district.  Those four teams will likely be single digit margins of victory when they play each other.  Which means Silsbee should literally win every game in district by 30 or 40+ points.

Sigler has to keep his players as sharp as possible through this stretch.  Sounds like he played it perfectly to me.  Pour it on through 3 quarters and then distribute additional minutes to the end of the bench.  

Silsbee is in the same district quandary that WOS has been in for football.  They spend several weeks not getting legitimately tested.  Let's hope their season ends in the same fashion the Mustangs' did.  It is theirs for the taking imo.