SETXsports & TABC rankings have been updated

50 minutes ago, JustUs said:

#20 Beaumont Ozen (14-6)(4-1) was dropped out TABC rankings...Defeated current #1- (14-6) Dallas Kimball @ YMBL Dec.2,2016...(62-59)

#23 PA Memorial was dropped from TABC rankings..defeated #20 Beaumont Ozen 68-67...Jan.10,2017

It's a blessing in disguise. Should make the players hungry to prove something. 

7 hours ago, winwin said:

It's a blessing in disguise. Should make the players hungry to prove something. 

The main thing about rankings, a good conversation piece.  

If you've followed a basketball very long, how many times in those years did you see your team lose to a team they should've beat?  Them folks doing them polls don't know that.  They just know you lost.  They don't know if you played them 3 more games, you'd win all 3.  All they know - you lost.  And then they have their perennial good teams, that'll stay in just on virtually name alone.  Then your 18-0 teams that schedule the easy ones.  Yep, them old polls are fun to talk about.  But it is nice for your team to be named.  Gotta admit that, lol.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

The main thing about rankings, a good conversation piece.  

If you've followed a basketball very long, how many times in those years did you see your team lose to a team they should've beat?  Them folks doing them polls don't know that.  They just know you lost.  They don't know if you played them 3 more games, you'd win all 3.  All they know - you lost.  And then they have their perennial good teams, that'll stay in just on virtually name alone.  Then your 18-0 teams that schedule the easy ones.  Yep, them old polls are fun to talk about.  But it is nice for your team to be named.  Gotta admit that, lol.

It is nice and can strike a little fear. But it also puts a big target on your back. Being ranked #1 in early March is all that counts 

4 hours ago, winwin said:

It is nice and can strike a little fear. But it also puts a big target on your back. Being ranked #1 in early March is all that counts 

Being ranked # 1 after the championship game is all that counts.  I think, at least I hope, Silsbee the team, is in a good place with their # 1 ranking.  It is an honor, but it is not the ultimate goal.  The ultimate goal of course is winning state.   So far this season they have played a lot of strong teams, and held their own.  They met D Lincoln on the court and won, so they know it can be done.  They will probably meet Yates and hopefully can handle them as well.  Time will tell.  They have played at least three teams with good height, as in a 6'9" post in the middle.  So running into a team with that kind of height in the playoffs should not rattle them.  They got past the semi final game at the state tournament, finally.  I am not taking getting to that level lightly, but it is a step that should happen.  They came within 3 pts on winning the championship.   But...there's a lot of basketball to be played.  I am getting ahead of myself.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Being ranked # 1 after the championship game is all that counts.  I think, at least I hope, Silsbee the team, is in a good place with their # 1 ranking.  It is an honor, but it is not the ultimate goal.  The ultimate goal of course is winning state.   So far this season they have played a lot of strong teams, and held their own.  They met D Lincoln on the court and won, so they know it can be done.  They will probably meet Yates and hopefully can handle them as well.  Time will tell.  They have played at least three teams with good height, as in a 6'9" post in the middle.  So running into a team with that kind of height in the playoffs should not rattle them.  They got past the semi final game at the state tournament, finally.  I am not taking getting to that level lightly, but it is a step that should happen.  They came within 3 pts on winning the championship.   But...there's a lot of basketball to be played.  I am getting ahead of myself.

I've given my opinion on rankings, but to be fair, they do get some right.  Silsbee has a legitimate #1 rank, in most all folks opinion.  I'll be a Tiger fan all the way, and I hope they bring that SC home.  Go Tigers!

9 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Before the season started Silsbee beat Yates by 11 I" believe it wasn't nice :)