Hull-Daisetta 84 Sabine Pass 80/FINAL

WOSgrad

HD was up by two with 2 seconds left on the clock.Sabine pass shot and missed HD got the rebound their #4 jump on the kid with the ball back. The kid with the ball got him off of him and those two started pushing each other. Their #3 came off the bench and hit HDs kid in the back of the head that's when the benches and stands cleared. HDs coaches got their kids back on the bench looks to me like Sabin Passes coach has no control over his kids parents had to come out of the stands to get them set down. The refs gave Sabine pass double technical fouls HD made two free throws. Made the game out of reach no one was kicked out of the gym. 

Have no knowledge of what happened.  It is the second unusual incident involving Sabine Pass though.  Earlier in the season, two of their players walked off the court.  That said, I just commented at our game last night, refs need to balance between, not enough foul calls, and to many.  Our game had approx 50, which made defensive players tentative.  But still preferable, imo, to letting it get so rough tempers flare.

28 minutes ago, Top cat said:

HD was up by two with 2 seconds left on the clock.Sabine pass shot and missed HD got the rebound their #4 jump on the kid with the ball back. The kid with the ball got him off of him and those two started pushing each other. Their #3 came off the bench and hit HDs kid in the back of the head that's when the benches and stands cleared. HDs coaches got their kids back on the bench looks to me like Sabin Passes coach has no control over his kids parents had to come out of the stands to get them set down. The refs gave Sabine pass double technical fouls HD made two free throws. Made the game out of reach no one was kicked out of the gym. 

I'm unfamiliar with official disciplinary actions that could be taken, but based on your description of events, I'd think the District could invoke action against #3 of SP..  Anyone know if that's a possibility, if someone comes off the bench & hits an opposing player.

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'm unfamiliar with official disciplinary actions that could be taken, but based on your description of events, I'd think the District could invoke action against #3 of SP..  Anyone know if that's a possibility, if someone comes off the bench & hits an opposing player.

If a player leaves their bench area onto the court they are suppose to be ejected.