Silsbee 98 Orangefield 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

Not a lot to say about in this one.  Clear mismatch but I liked the Tigers energy and effort in this one. We looked smoother than we did Tuesday against HJ to me.  Maybe that was because of the difference in the opponents.  We got a little sloppy in the second half once it got to a real big lead but the intensity only picked up in that half.

45 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Not a lot to say about in this one.  Clear mismatch but I liked the Tigers energy and effort in this one. We looked smoother than we did Tuesday against HJ to me.  Maybe that was because of the difference in the opponents.  We got a little sloppy in the second half once it got to a real big lead but the intensity only picked up in that half.

The whole 5 points difference in opponents?

Also, OF had a chance to beat huffman on the road Tuesday (who beat HJ @ HJ tonight) but had to play most of the second half without one of their best players. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

The whole 5 points difference in opponents?

Also, OF had a chance to beat huffman on the road Tuesday (who beat HJ @ HJ tonight) but had to play most of the second half without one of their best players. 

Well if you want to compare scores.......you lost by 13 HJ has played them twice so far and both games were less than a 2 point difference.  Now since you picked this point differential comparison I will take Vidor who you have lost to twice and HJ beat by 22....... 

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Well if you want to compare scores.......you lost by 13 HJ has played them twice so far and both games were less than a 2 point difference.  Now since you picked this point differential comparison I will take Vidor who you have lost to twice and HJ beat by 22....... 

Well if you want to try reading comprehension, read the comment about the Huffman game.  Obviously HJ is a better team than OF.  But OF is much improved, primarily with coaching (which was noticed tonight by some astute Silsbee folks).  But you pointed out Silsbee played better tonight than Tuesday.  Just making an observation that the two games this week had similar margins of victory. 

No I said we looked smoother tonight.  Things just flowed a little better.  Now a big part of that could be that Devon had a much better game tonight.  As far as trying to compare our 2 games this week it's hard.  We didn't press near as hard Tuesday as we did tonight which is probably because of the two guards HJ has both could sprint down the court on the dribble fast enough that we wouldn't stop them at time until they were on their end of the court.  OF has no one that can do that.  We also had Braylon playing with that first group tonight putting us with two very good passers on that unit.  As far as saying we played better tonight not sure just a crisper look to me.  In reality we could have probably widened that margin on either opponent this week some if we had really wanted too but let's get some of these guys who haven't played that much some time at different points and get this team really going.

Score by quarters

1              2               3                4             tot

Silsbee                  26            18             33              21            98

Orangefield           10            16             13              22            61

Team stats

FT%

SIL              14/27      52%

OF               10/24      42%

3 Point %

SIL              6/21        29%

OF              3/15        20%

Rebounds

SIL                    48

OF                     32

Turnovers

SIL                    22

OF                     39

Fouls

SIL                     26

OF                     24

Individual stats

Silsbee

Devon McCain             17 (14 reb., 6 assists, 6 steals, 4 block shots)

Trajan Harris                 17 (3/6 three's, 4/4 FT)

Decolby Jones               11 (6 reb.)

Kalon Barnes                   9 (11 reb.)

Calvin Tyler Jr.                 9 (4 assists)

Jordyn Adams                  9

Bruce Newton                  8 (5 assists, 5 steals, 6 reb.)

Braelon Bush                   6

Landon Tyler                    5

Adonis Thomas                3

Jadon Bass                      2

Chris Martin                      2

Orangefield

Calleb Kress                   13

Alex Catt                         11

Payton Lathrop                10

Blake Bradley                  6

Zach Dischler                  5

Drew Worthy                   5

Ryan Deutsch                 4

Wesley Frillou                 3

Aven Lathrop                  2

Mason Gonzales            2

McCain was special last night.  That is some kind of stat line.  

Kress had 13.  Wondered what was off between my numbers and yours and realized yours for OF equal 63 pts.  Still don't know how you call the game and keep the stats, all by yourself.  Most of us need a spotter to do one!

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

McCain was special last night.  That is some kind of stat line.  

Kress had 13.  Wondered what was off between my numbers and yours and realized yours for OF equal 63 pts.  Still don't know how you call the game and keep the stats, all by yourself.  Most of us need a spotter to do one!

Mine was a typo. Kress had 13