Interracial relationships.

king

I will be a honest person. When we dated somebody else's daughter it did not matter, but now that we have daughters one is a little more reserved. 

Biblically interacial marriage don't matter, pre-martial sex is a big deal biblically though. With the Lords help our children will understand this.

Homosexuality is not natural and one is being dishonest to compare gayness to what is natrual but not necessarily culturally acceptable. 

The content of character is way more important then skin color. If you don't believe me ask somebody's baby momma 

6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

I will be a honest person. When we dated somebody else's daughter it did not matter, but now that we have daughters one is a little more reserved. 

Biblically interacial marriage don't matter, pre-martial sex is a big deal biblically though. With the Lords help our children will understand this.

Homosexuality is not natural and one is being dishonest to compare gayness to what is natrual but not necessarily culturally acceptable. 

The content of character is way more important then skin color. If you don't believe me ask somebody's baby momma 

We were taught that when the Bible warned the church about being "unequally yoked" it was referring to interracial relationships. I also was told that it referred to marrying non-believers rather than condemning interracial relationship. The good news is that we have become much more accepting as a society concerning interracial relationships. I worked up North 20 years ago and they were way more accepting than us in that respect.

As a Christian and believer in the Bible, it saddens me that the word of God is now considered "hate speech" because of its unmistakable labeling of homosexuality as sinful. 

The bible also says that any seafood that does not have fins or scales should be considered detestable (you shall not eat any of their flesh and you shall detest their carcasses). So do you consider someone who eats shrimp as sinful as homosexuality? Or are there different levels depending on what you like or don't like?

36 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

The bible also says that any seafood that does not have fins or scales should be considered detestable (you shall not eat any of their flesh and you shall detest their carcasses). So do you consider someone who eats shrimp as sinful as homosexuality? Or are there different levels depending on what you like or don't like?

Poor analogy. Eating shrimp or pork or anything else is not a sin to Christians. 

Tgen again, maybe you were only speaking to the Hebrews or Muslims  

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Poor analogy. Eating shrimp or pork or anything else is not a sin to Christians. 

Tgen again, maybe you were only speaking to the Hebrews or Muslims  

lol. So God said in the Bible that you specifically should not eat it, so it's not a sin if you do eat it? What is it then? Just not listening? 

AND it says you shall not eat pig because it is unclean. So explain to me how it is a poor analogy. Do you need it to specifically be told to you that it is a sin? Is simply NOT doing what God asked of you not enough? 

31 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

lol. So God said in the Bible that you specifically should not eat it, so it's not a sin if you do eat it? What is it then? Just not listening? 

AND it says you shall not eat pig because it is unclean. So explain to me how it is a poor analogy. Do you need it to specifically be told to you that it is a sin? Is simply NOT doing what God asked of you not enough? 

Not much on the Bible are you? Do you just remember certain parts that someone told you in order to make an argument but really have no clue about it in reality? 

Here is a hint, no charge. Try moving on to the New Testament. 

So what you're saying is ignore the parts that are convenient for you in the Old Testament. What about the 10 commandments? Keep them or no? Since it's the Old Testament.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God" 1st Corinthians 6:9-10

Do you treat drunks, adulterers, or even someone immoral or greedy (how broadly those can be used) as the same sins as homosexuals, or are those okay? And please tell me if that is from the New Testament. You seem to know it much better than me.

5 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

So what you're saying is ignore the parts that are convenient for you in the Old Testament. What about the 10 commandments? Keep them or no? Since it's the Old Testament.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God" 1st Corinthians 6:9-10

Do you treat drunks, adulterers, or even someone immoral or greedy (how broadly those can be used) as the same sins as homosexuals, or are those okay? And please tell me if that is from the New Testament. You seem to know it much better than me.

I don't think any of the sins you mentioned are worse than homosexuality. The difference is that if you have the opinion that those behaviors are immoral, you aren't labeled as a hateful person. 

7 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

I don't care what sins another person commits. Do I treat them the same? You bet. It is none of my business what sins they may be committing or to treat anyone differently. 

I am not sure what any of that has to do with eating certain foods according to the New Testament or interracial relationships. 

Someone in this thread said (and I'm paraphrasing) that "It's okay to be in an interracial relationship, it's better than being homosexual).

Interracial dating is not a sin. Homosexuality is a sin. But there are a lot of things (in the old and new testament) that are sins. Some people choose to focus on some sins over others. Honestly, homosexuality has nothing to do with interracial dating but someone was thoughtful enough to bring it into the conversation.

20 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Someone in this thread said (and I'm paraphrasing) that "It's okay to be in an interracial relationship, it's better than being homosexual).

Interracial dating is not a sin. Homosexuality is a sin. But there are a lot of things (in the old and new testament) that are sins. Some people choose to focus on some sins over others. Honestly, homosexuality has nothing to do with interracial dating but someone was thoughtful enough to bring it into the conversation.

Those are pretty subjective observations.  Some people feel that both are sinful, and a lot of folks think that neither is sinful.  I have my own convictions on the subject(s), but it's not my place to force my convictions on others.  I think that's where we go wrong so often.  I have to believe that it's wrong for me to particpate in some activities... if you don't feel like the same activities are wrong, then that's between you and your Creator....not my business.  I guess we'll all find out for sure when we're standing tall before The Man.  

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Those are pretty subjective observations.  Some people feel that both are sinful, and a lot of folks think that neither is sinful.  I have my own convictions on the subject(s), but it's not my place to force my convictions on others.  I think that's where we go wrong so often.  I have to believe that it's wrong for me to particpate in some activities... if you don't feel like the same activities are wrong, then that's between you and your Creator....not my business.  I guess we'll all find out for sure when we're standing tall before The Man.  

That is the way I look at it. It is not my place to condemn nor have I made any post to the contrary. 

14 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Context is always helpful. There were laws that pertained only to Israel and then there is the moral law.  The shellfish eating has to do with the laws that pertained to the ancient Hebrews. Mathew 15:11 (Phillips) Jesus said Then he called the crowd to him and said, “Listen, and understand this thoroughly! It is not what goes into a man’s mouth that makes him common or unclean. It is what comes out of a man’s mouth that makes him unclean.”  Also in Acts  Peter had a vision of a net with unclean animals and God tells Him to eat. Acts 10:9-16  

This is the hidden content, please

When it comes to the Moral Law that is never changing and that is why Jesus said in Mathew 5:17  Do not think I have come to abolish the Law and the prophets but I have not come to abolish but to fulfill them. 

Also Jesus said this in Revelations 21:8 But the cowards, unbelievers, vile, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars--their share will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." 

But the good news of the Gospel is for anybody, but it has to be Jesus way.

9-11 Have you forgotten that the kingdom of God will never belong to the wicked? Don’t be under any illusion—neither the impure, the idolater or the adulterer; neither the effeminate, the pervert or the thief; neither the swindler, the drunkard, the foul-mouthed or the rapacious shall have any share in the kingdom of God. And such men, remember, were some of you! But you have cleansed yourselves from all that, you have been made whole in spirit, you have been justified before God in the name of the Lord Jesus and in his very Spirit. 1Cory 6:9-11 (Phillips)

On 6/5/2017 at 10:30 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I like to think that God isn't too impressed with those people from the Westboro Baptist Church and their "God Hates (gays)" signs.

Since Westbrook is a cult you are right that the wrath of God is heavier on them then homosexuals.  When I was studying these Westbrook guys back in the day not only did I find out that thier leader claimed to be Jesus but also was a big political supporter of Al Gore. 

3 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Since Westbrook is a cult you are right that the wrath of God is heavier on them then homosexuals.  When I was studying these Westbrook guys back in the day not only did I find out that thier leader claimed to be Jesus but also was a big political supporter of Al Gore. 

The Bruins might have some good fans but I wouldn't call them a cult. 

On 6/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, dBerrySports said:

Very good statement, IMO.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:43 PM, jv_coach said:

Context is always helpful. There were laws that pertained only to Israel and then there is the moral law.  The shellfish eating has to do with the laws that pertained to the ancient Hebrews. Mathew 15:11 (Phillips) Jesus said Then he called the crowd to him and said, “Listen, and understand this thoroughly! It is not what goes into a man’s mouth that makes him common or unclean. It is what comes out of a man’s mouth that makes him unclean.”  Also in Acts  Peter had a vision of a net with unclean animals and God tells Him to eat. Acts 10:9-16  

When it comes to the Moral Law that is never changing and that is why Jesus said in Mathew 5:17  Do not think I have come to abolish the Law and the prophets but I have not come to abolish but to fulfill them. 

Also Jesus said this in Revelations 21:8 But the cowards, unbelievers, vile, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars--their share will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." 

But the good news of the Gospel is for anybody, but it has to be Jesus way.

9-11 Have you forgotten that the kingdom of God will never belong to the wicked? Don’t be under any illusion—neither the impure, the idolater or the adulterer; neither the effeminate, the pervert or the thief; neither the swindler, the drunkard, the foul-mouthed or the rapacious shall have any share in the kingdom of God. And such men, remember, were some of you! But you have cleansed yourselves from all that, you have been made whole in spirit, you have been justified before God in the name of the Lord Jesus and in his very Spirit. 1Cory 6:9-11 (Phillips)

I think eating shell fish, catfish, crawfish is a sin.  The first sin by man or mankind had to do with food.  It also had to do with not listening to what God says to do and not to do.  Pigs, shrimp, crawfish, catfish, etc they all have some thing in common: they are all scavengers.  They eat poop and dead animal waste.  The creator had a reason why he said not to eat them.

That's my $.02 on the topic.