West Brook's Flanigan hired as new Tomball HS head coach

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I wonder how all those parents that fought to keep him during the camera incident feel now?

I think they went above and beyond for him, selective comprehension and all.  And all that for nothing.  The great folks of the West End.  How they ganged up on me and turned a blind eye now look at this mess.  I just hope the kids can overcome...

1 hour ago, Mighty Mo said:

We as parents are not mad at him! The decision he made it's about his family and business! He's a family man! He will be closers to his daughters that are in college now  and will be making more money! We wish him well! 

Makes more money, but inherited a team off a 3-7 season I believe, leaving behind a high classification in WB, more athletes, more talent, young talent, parents and boosters that obviously go above and beyond for their guy, and a pipeline of talent coming up and superior facilities.  

Makes a lot of sense to me...

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think they went above and beyond for him, selective comprehension and all.  And all that for nothing.  The great folks of the West End.  How they ganged up on me and turned a blind eye now look at this mess.  I just hope the kids can overcome...

Why would they gang up on you? Were you the thief or a relative of the thief?

11 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Why would they gang up on you? Were you the thief or a relative of the thief?

No.  They did so because I was amongst the few that expressed that he was wrong and should be punished.  But they were adamant about standing behind their coach by saying he did no wrong and want him back...

And to add more information to this, the parents supported him, but his fellow co-workers were not happy about this and expressed their displeasure, which rubbed him the wrong way.  The working environment has changed at WB for him, so it was time for him to go. 

Information from a few employees at WB.

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Makes more money, but inherited a team off a 3-7 season I believe, leaving behind a high classification in WB, more athletes, more talent, young talent, parents and boosters that obviously go above and beyond for their guy, and a pipeline of talent coming up and superior facilities.  

It's $.  Always is.

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Will make more money, have admin support, will have AD job, closer to family and less headache.

Makes sense

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Will make more money, have admin support, will have AD job, closer to family and less headache.

Makes sense

Funny...  Had several debates over the years about this and winning and facilities is a huge plus amongst coaches.  

Less headache bathat HE caused?  Prior to the Camera incident, he had no headaches.  And if he did the same thing in Tomball, he'd have the SAME headache.  Just saying...

28 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Did everyone or anyone really think he would stay at West Brook. After all that went down, I am happy for him. I live in Tomball, great hire

I didn't think so, but those parents with selective comprehension at West Brook did, which is why they were team Flanagan...  Obviously, he wasn't team West Brook parents.  

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Funny...  Had several debates over the years about this and winning and facilities is a huge plus amongst coaches.  

Less headache bathat HE caused?  Prior to the Camera incident, he had no headaches.  And if he did the same thing in Tomball, he'd have the SAME headache.  Just saying...

This camera thing was the last headache.

Trust me, there were plenty of headaches caused by admins prior to this incident. Other head coaches in the district have informed me.

Tomball facilities are just as good as West Brooks. Also, Flanigan can implement his system and program at the middle school level. This cannot be done at BISD because there is no true feeder system to any of the high schools in BISD.

He wouldn't have to do the same thing in Tomball due to "administrative support"

Of course he's in the spotlight for this, but I would be interested to see just how many time he brought this issue up to the higher ups with nothing being done. The man was put in that situation to make a tough decision. Soulja, you used a term earlier, "selective comprehension", which I think we are ALL guilty of at times... including me... including you... Maybe we are wrong for our opinions on this situation, then again, maybe you are wrong.