West Brook Open

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm pretty certain that the principal doesn't get to hire head football coaches.

Most schools have a committee that will sort applicants and conduct interviews. The campus principal is normally a member of that committee.  

The committee will recommend an applicant to the school board for final approval.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I agree.

but I don't trust the SUP to make this decision at this big of a district and that goes for all multi high school districts.....just my opinion.

And that very well may be the case.  Only other options are to hire an AD first or put together a hiring committee of sorts to recommend to the sup.  Either way there has to be some type of policy in place for situations such as this.  And that policy needs to be followed...regardless of trust issues.  I doubt anyone thought the AD and Head Coach would be bailing at the same time, but there has to be a "what if" on paper somewhere.

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:
4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Most of that talent you are talking about is on the offensive side of the ball.  Also several players on defense got let go due to players not following the rules(discipline).  Talent will always surface....none did on the defensive side because there wasn't any stand out talented individual

As far as coaches coaching I have no clue to that. 

The reason she likes him is because the student athletes respond well to him, he cares about their well being, he's a disciplinarian, but fair....they have a established a good program/system.

you come off like you have a personal issue with the coaches that are there. 

I guess going 11 - 2  and 3 rounds deep doesn't mean anything to you

Yes they should take applicants and interview then weigh their options. 

No I don't have a personal issue  with anyone just want what's best for the program. But is sounds like you know what's best for the Program ! 11 - 2 was a  good year  All coaches care about there students not just Peevey. I'm given all coaches creditt at Westbrook! Sounds like you have an personal issue and don't want anyone else to apply for the job. What are you afraid of? My understanding, the kids there like all of there coaches that are there and not just Peevey! The kids respond to all of the coaches there. Looks like to me you don't want anyone else to apply for the job! The kids will adjust to a new coach like they did when Flanigan became there  new coach at Westbrook. So don't use kids to stay that a coach is  qualify  because they like him and he cares for them when all coaches care for there players. If he's  qualified for the job then it's all good ! Sounds like you know him very well and are afraid that he may not get the job because of his experience. But like you said if the principal likes him, so the job is his and you have  nothing to worry about.He also apply for the Hamshire Fannett job last year  if I'm not mistaking . He also didn't get the job because of his experience and that's a small school! Sounds like your  politicking for him! It's  all good! Looks like Westbrook has there head coach already. 

14 hours ago, Mighty Mo said:

i have no dog in the fight.  Im not from bmt. nor did I attend any bmt schools nor do my kids attend bmtisd. 

All I have done was respond to your post of disqualifying him.  I ve stated what I know. Looks like you can't read either ...I ve stated that they should take applicants and interview them to get the best suited for WB.

I have nothing to be afraid of cause it doesn't affect me either way.

Sounds like your a parent of student there or you are a student.

5 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

"The streak" should have ended this year.  Central was up 21-12 in the 3rd quarter with 8 minutes to go.  Never scored again.  I'll let you guess what happened from that point...

I don't have to guess.  I know I was there.... poor coaching decisions

L'rav played half the game and put up 2 tds on 84 yds rushing, 4/5 passing w/ 42 yds and a 2 pt conversion.

Also I liked how on the roster central had #21 as Ragsdale when in actually it was Moreaux.

Well that was yalls one chance it won't happen while L'rav is playing qb.

58 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I don't have to guess.  I know I was there.... poor coaching decisions

L'rav played half the game and put up 2 tds on 84 yds rushing, 4/5 passing w/ 42 yds and a 2 pt conversion.

Also I liked how on the roster central had #21 as Ragsdale when in actually it was Moreaux.

Well that was yalls one chance it won't happen while L'rav is playing qb.

Lol, on the Ragsdale part.  Actually it was #12.  I was the one updating the game thread that night on this site and I was calling him Ragsdale all night myself.  Found out later that it was Moreaux.  So don't feel bad about that part.  

Not because of L'Rav but "The Streak' won't end until something else changes... 

17 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Lol, on the Ragsdale part.  Actually it was #12.  I was the one updating the game thread that night on this site and I was calling him Ragsdale all night myself.  Found out later that it was Moreaux.  So don't feel bad about that part.  

Not because of L'Rav but "The Streak' won't end until something else changes... 

LOL

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

i have no dog in the fight.  Im not from bmt. nor did I attend any bmt schools nor do my kids attend bmtisd. 

All I have done was respond to your post of disqualifying him.  I ve stated what I know. Looks like you can't read either ...I ve stated that they should take applicants and interview them to get the best suited for WB.

I have nothing to be afraid of cause it doesn't affect me either way.

Sounds like your a parent of student there or you are a student.

Looks like I've hit a nerve! I never disqualified him as been a coach!  All I said was to look at  all of the applicants and to put the best qualified experience coach in the position at Westbrook! I also stated that if they hire him that's fine to. I responded back because you said that the principal and the kids like him. I started that the kids like all of the coaches there. You Keep mention Peevey,but I can assure you that there are coaches there at Westbrook who the kids also like and have experience as a coach like Peevey! Your not from Beaumont, you don't have any kids here but apparently you seem to know a lot about what is being said at Westbrook! Apparently your friends with him or a relative.It doesn't matter if I'm a student or Parent or a Westbrook supporter. We at Westbrook want a experience head football coach and nothing more! And for your information I work at Westbrook and there's a big difference between politicking for the job and being qualified for the job. Peevey is asking the parents and kids to speak to the principal on his behalf to be the head football coach and I have witness it and that for a fact! But you already know that since you seem to what is going on at Westbrook!

1 hour ago, Mighty Mo said:

Looks like I've hit a nerve! I never disqualified him as been a coach!  All I said was to look at  all of the applicants and to put the best qualified experience coach in the position at Westbrook! I also stated that if they hire him that's fine to. I responded back because you said that the principal and the kids like him. I started that the kids like all of the coaches there. You Keep mention Peevey,but I can assure you that there are coaches there at Westbrook who the kids also like and have experience as a coach like Peevey! Your not from Beaumont, you don't have any kids here but apparently you seem to know a lot about what is being said at Westbrook! Apparently your friends with him or a relative.It doesn't matter if I'm a student or Parent or a Westbrook supporter. We at Westbrook want a experience head football coach and nothing more! And for your information I work at Westbrook and there's a big difference between politicking for the job and being qualified for the job. Peevey is asking the parents and kids to speak to the principal on his behalf to be the head football coach and I have witness it and that for a fact! But you already know that since you seem to what is going on at Westbrook!

nope no nerve hit even though you keep trying for some reason.......not a relative either nor a friend......

go back and look at your post..... I do believe you threw a jab in there about the defense.

You sure do speculate a lot.

And politicking for the job is wrong, why not he's a young coach who is hungry and wants his chance....most coaches eventually want to be a head coach and he knows that he doesn't have that on his resume, but he is on campus(unlike other possible applicants) so he is going to use that to his advantage.....sounds smart to me.  

No one else at wb has a chance of getting this job other than Codutti, and I don't think he really wants it.....he may be looking at something closer to home(Houston area) or possibly going with Flannigan(same distance)

see bold: you don't disqualify him but then you say experience head football coach.....contradiction maybe.

Like I said it doesn't affect me either way

When you sling mud just remember you may come out muddier

Found out that there where not going to post the job at Westbrook.There where going to give Coach Peevey the job without even apply for it. It's sad that phone calls had to be made to BISD  administrators in order for the job to get posted. Thank you to the BISD teachers who gave the information on where to apply for the job. Not that it's going to make a difference. I wounder why coach Bowers wasn't given the same treatment when he was applying for the job. He was apart of a winning program and he was the OC and the kids like him as well. Why can't BISD be fair  about there hiring process? The same way with the Ozen Job. After BISD stop taking applications for the Ozen job, Dr. Allen found out that coach Ed Taylor didn't meet the application deadline for job. She reopened the job so that coach Taylor could apply and get the job. This is a fact because I spoke with several of the coaches at Ozen who apply for the job. That wasn't fair to the coaches. Well I forgot to mention that she is very good friends with his wife. To coaches that are trying to find the website on where to apply, don't waste your time because the decision has already been made! 

14 minutes ago, Mighty Mo said:

Found out that there where not going to post the job at Westbrook.There where going to give Coach Peevey the job without even apply for it. It's sad that phone calls had to be made to BISD  administrators in order for the job to get posted. Thank you to the BISD teachers who gave the information on where to apply for the job. Not that it's going to make a difference. I wounder why coach Bowers wasn't given the same treatment when he was applying for the job. He came from a winning program and he was the OC and the kids like him as well. Why can't BISD be fair  about there hiring process? They same way with the Ozen Job. After BISD stop taking applications for the Ozen job, Dr. Allen found out that coach Ed Taylor didn't meet the application deadline for job. She reopened the job so that coach Taylor could apply and get the job. This is a fact because I spoke with several of the coaches at Ozen who apply for the job. That wasn't fair to the coaches. Well I forgot to mention that she is very good friends with his wife. To coaches that are trying to find the website on where to apply, don't waste your time because the decision has already been made! 

Please enlighten us on where to go to find this posting. I would like to see how deep it is buried.

It's so deep that local coaches here can't even find it or know where to apply at.  To actually think that things would be different but I guess not. If you ask BISD , there response is the job hasn't posted yet. If so then why has coach Peevey apply already. I only know that it's a BISD administrator that is tried of BISD lying and not doing what's right and being fair to everyone. My understanding is that it's very hard to find. It would also make there job easier just to give Peevey the job. If this isn't true then try to find it.  The reason behind  hiding it was because she was told to post the job by the superintendent. This sure sounds like the old days  of Patrica  Lambert. As of this morning BISD still hasn't posted the job! 

Sadly it sounds like there are some people who have dogs in the fight and want their guys to get the job. I'm all about a fair process with the position hiring, but it sounds like this may be much more political then people think. 

Also at a large job like this, people who are interested already know the position is open and have probably called the administrators and have been connected with the application  

I would say that the "administrator" that is being spoken of has dealt with the coaches there on staff on a daily basis and probably know something we don't know. Possibly about the culture of the program, the way the kids react to them, or even that they are doing a great job with the program in the absence of a permant head coach  

this team obviously had success this year, why are some people so  adamant about hiring from outside. I hope they give a coordinator the opportunity at the job with as much enthusiasm as some people are giving an outside hire.

i absolutly think the job should be opened fairly but I also hope the best man for the job would get it as well. 

21 hours ago, Mighty Mo said:

It's so deep that local coaches here can't even find it or know where to apply at.  To actually think that things would be different but I guess not. If you ask BISD , there response is the job hasn't posted yet. If so then why has coach Peevey apply already. I only know that it's a BISD administrator that is tried of BISD lying and not doing what's right and being fair to everyone. My understanding is that it's very hard to find. It would also make there job easier just to give Peevey the job. If this isn't true then try to find it.  The reason behind  hiding it was because she was told to post the job by the superintendent. This sure sounds like the old days  of Patrica  Lambert. As of this morning BISD still hasn't posted the job! 

Without using the link above, it wasn't hard to find.  Everyone that wants to apply, already knows where it is because they probably have experience navigating the BISD website...

22 hours ago, The Icon said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

click on head coach

Was trying to quote PA Pass

Thank you Icon, I appreciate it. 

I would say that is located in a place that it shouldn't be and definitely not placed where it should be.

This is an administrative position, it should be properly located. It is buried for a reason.

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Some of y'all need a lot of cheese with the whine....

I like cheese and I like wine, but if you are saying that BISD is not hiding this job posting then on this one you are wrong Soulja. If they truly wanted to ge the best list of candidates they would put it on the THSCA website and then interview the best candidates.