West Brook Open

6 hours ago, fox said:

maybe t foreman will apply for this job also.

Doubtful, given that it would be in terms of pay a pure lateral move and that he has had his own issues with BISD.  Remember, last year he was literally a phone call away (less, according to some people), from taking the HC job at a school 2 classifications smaller in order to leave the district.

On 1/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, Mighty Mo said:

I didn't blame him for leaving after what he went through! I just hope that they Hire someone with local ties to Beaumont to bring Westbrook back to it's glory days!  Someone with  experience of being a head coach!  Good luck  to  Coach Flanigan and his wife ! God Bless! 

I think the hiring "someone with head coaching experience" thing is way overrated. Would you rather have a coach with "head coaching experience" that has a 3-27 career record, or take a chance on a coordinator or assistant coach that has been part of some very successful teams. I know who I'd hire!

8 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I think the hiring "someone with head coaching experience" thing is way overrated. Would you rather have a coach with "head coaching experience" that has a 3-27 career record, or take a chance on a coordinator or assistant coach that has been part of some very successful teams. I know who I'd hire!

Who would you hire?  Defense gave up an average of 40 points a game and that's being nice. The OC  is going to go with the head coach more then likely. There's going to be some great  candidates that  are  going to apply for the job! 6 A football is no joke! You can bet that the applicants will have a winner record! Who ever they hire it's all good! Just want the best experience coach for the job! Keep in mind that when Coach Stump resign from his position they didn't hire any of the remaining Westbrook coaches that apply for the head coaching job! When asked why, the Principal said we need someone that has experience being a head coach! Good luck to them all!

4 hours ago, Mighty Mo said:

Who would you hire?  Defense gave up an average of 40 points a game and that's being nice. The OC  is going to go with the head coach more then likely. There's going to be some great  candidates that  are  going to apply for the job! 6 A football is no joke! You can bet that the applicants will have a winner record! Who ever they hire it's all good! Just want the best experience coach for the job! Keep in mind that when Coach Stump resign from his position they didn't hire any of the remaining Westbrook coaches that apply for the head coaching job! When asked why, the Principal said we need someone that has experience being a head coach! Good luck to them all!

I wasn't saying they need to hire a coach on staff; I was simply stating that the "head coaching experience" thing is way overrated. You can bet that there will be some dang good coordinators of teams that went a long way in the playoffs will be throwing their names in the hat. I'd much rather hire one of those guys than a guy that's been a head coach, but has a career 5-35 record. 

Regardless of whether it's a current head coach or up-and-coming coordinator, having a plan/system/program in place is what's most important. 

There's a lot to be said about prior head coaching experience, but there's something to say about an enthusiastic, young coordinator who's hungry.

Going to be interesting...

33 minutes ago, Irishwoad said:

The defensive coordinator would be a great hire. No matter how many points they gave up, the year before they had one of the better defenses in 6a. He has done a good job in the head coaches absence and not to mention the kids love and respect him. 

Coach Peevey or however you spell is ok, but I really think they should get someone with more experience.

1 hour ago, Go-rilla said:

They gave up 30 a game not 40.

If Peevey can sit there and watch how Flanigan got railroaded and still want the job, then I say give it to him.

BISD= Coach Haters!

How did Flannigan get railroaded? If BISD didn't go through the investigation, you haters would be on here saying how inept BISD is for letting a coach break the law. Its damn if you don't and damn if you do with some you as far as BISD is concerned. Smdh...