2017 National Signing Day Thread

UTfanatic

33 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Also this, aggy did pretty well with total rankings, but lots of filler in there with 27 signees.  We should all be ashamed of ourselves...I, for one, feel like I need to take a bath after watching this go down.  Embarrassing...

Lol, hopefully this lights a fire under the staff to , I see Herman has started heavy on 2018 class ...We need a big season or Texas could see another NSD like this next season 

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Different era...Kids this generation have State pride, but they'd rather go else where to show it, specially in Texas, but we didn't help ourselves by having losing seasons 

Kids are definitely different these days.  I've seen baseball kids skip their high school seasons to focus on select ball in the summer.  

That's just crazy to me.  National, State, and City pride used to be a big deal to all of us including the kids.  

9 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Kids are definitely different these days.  I've seen baseball kids skip their high school seasons to focus on select ball in the summer.  

That's just crazy to me.  National, State, and City pride used to be a big deal to all of us including the kids.  

With all of the transferring now, signing day is just for show.

They get a ton of attention and sign with the flavor of the month. Go a year, don't get the attention, and transfer.

Just wait until they start getting paid legally. 

51 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

38 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

With all of the transferring now, signing day is just for show.

They get a ton of attention and sign with the flavor of the month. Go a year, don't get the attention, and transfer.

Just wait until they start getting paid legally. 

And is not helping when you have Major leaguers (Lebron, KD) pulling the stunts they pull, I can see it now...smh

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

And is not helping when you have Major leaguers (Lebron, KD) pulling the stunts they pull, I can see it now...smh

YUP, follow all the best players. The NBA, for me us unwatchable. We all know who will be in the Finals. Same thing is happening in college football. Anybody wanna make a wager against Alabama being a playoff team? 

6 hours ago, D3zii said:

I really like LSU class, I feel they land Marvin Wilson, LAWD!!!!!...

I guess I can say then same about USC class...TALk bout finishing strong...They give me hope for Texas, cus a few years ago USC was irrelevant , but now they are and should be in the talks of a national championship and back in prominence with this strong recruiting class, ...

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

Not saying much when the big 12 was ranked last out of all power 5 schools...smh but like I said , I'm not going off this years recruiting class for Texas, 

Not saying much, but the first step for Texas is rising back to the top of the big 12.  This is a decent step in that direction.  Start winning games again and the better talent will come 

21 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Wow

I think ppl are taking this out of context, I feel if anything this is a good thing, the reason Texas is in this place now is because Mack got lax and Texas got soft and stopped working...If a 5* worked like a 2* or no star with a chip on it she shoulder , I guarantee you he would be better for it 

i for one one like the quote

42 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I think ppl are taking this out of context, I feel if anything this is a good thing, the reason Texas is in this place now is because Mack got lax and Texas got soft and stopped working...If a 5* worked like a 2* or no star with a chip on it she shoulder , I guarantee you he would be better for it 

i for one one like the quote

It was taken completely out of context.

It was explained by Herman in his NSD press conference. 

Also answered concern about Horny on his staff. 

Very easy to tell who the smartest person in the room is.

Reporters  in Austin should take heed 

horns up and Hookem