West Brook's Flanigan reinstated

AggiesAreWe

26 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Some patriots broke the rules in 1776 and it was the right thing to do then so yes sometimes its the right thing to do even though your breaking the rules. He caught a thief. Period!

At my job, if I knowingly break the rules, no matter what, I would be reprimanded to the umpteenth power and I'd get terminated.

I guess it's all about who you are and if the agenda fits the masses.  Or certain leniencies for particular individuals.  

25 minutes ago, Gabe said:

He broke a rule and stopped a thief from stealing. Again I ask, has anything been done to the thief? 

Why is that not a bigger issue

They do a good job of masking who the culprit was.  People outside of West Brook would never know who the kid was...  Lucky for me, I'm one of the few outside of WB that knows who this kid is...  Now if the kid was reprimanded, I don't know.  Strange, but I'm sure they you or me will ever find out if he was reprimanded...

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At my job, if I knowingly break the rules, no matter what, I would be reprimanded to the umpteenth power and I'd get terminated.

I guess it's all about who you are and if the agenda fits the masses.  Or certain leniencies for particular individuals.  

Yeah, but nobody is on your side when you break "Employees must wash hands before they return to work" or "Employees must have a hair net on at all times." The rest of us have jobs where the rules are a little more like guidelines than actual rules. 

36 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah, but nobody is on your side when you break "Employees must wash hands before they return to work" or "Employees must have a hair net on at all times." The rest of us have jobs where the rules are a little more like guidelines than actual rules. 

My 'clap back' wouldn't have been nice and wouldn't been completely out of line and I would've had to ban myself.  Anywho, good day, guy...

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep, it was the right thing for BISD to do, to reinstate.

I like How you side stepped my question...  But with that being said, your statement is actually pretty accurate.

But wouldn't that open the door for more BISD employees to break the rule and then claim that they felt they were doing the right thing?  You see, this is why rules at jobs are pretty cut and dry...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I like How you side stepped my question...  But with that being said, your statement is actually pretty accurate.

But wouldn't that open the door for more BISD employees to break the rule and then claim that they felt they were doing the right thing?  You see, this is why rules at jobs are pretty cut and dry...

No question to side step. My statement was only about BISD doing the right thing by reinstating Flanigan.

What Flanigan did and if one thinks it's right or wrong morally, can be debated and is very subjective. Matter of opinion.

But it's very clear he did not break any law, otherwise he would have been arrested and not reinstated.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No question to side step. My statement was only about BISD doing the right thing by reinstating Flanigan.

What Flanigan did and if one thinks it's right or wrong morally, can be debated and is very subjective. Matter of opinion.

But it's very clear he did not break any law, otherwise he would have been arrested and not reinstated.

I agreed with your previous statement because with the negative light that's been on BISD in the past, could you have imagined the domino effect it would have caused around the area?  Talking about the BISD detractors and BISD employees that are secret detractors that are held over from the previous administration...

Best thing that could be done was reinstate him to prevent the backlash...

17 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agreed with your previous statement because with the negative light that's been on BISD in the past, could you have imagined the domino effect it would have caused around the area?  Talking about the BISD detractors and BISD employees that are secret detractors that are held over from the previous administration...

Best thing that could be done was reinstate him to prevent the backlash...

Robert still to me the only part of this that looks bad is there was a student stealing from the varsity players. Now that it's proven he didn't tape nude boys, the stolen property is the issue. 

(And I'll get off BISD back when it's named Jerry Levias Stadium lol)

14 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Robert still to me the only part of this that looks bad is there was a student stealing from the varsity players. Now that it's proven he didn't tape nude boys, the stolen property is the issue. 

Wait Gabe. According to Soulja, the students are to blame for having their personal items in the locker room to begin with. Gave the thief a reason to steal.

21 minutes ago, Gabe said:

We respectively agree to disagree...  I would think the next thing in line would be why is it ok for a district employee to break the rules and admit to it.  But all to their own.

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wait Gabe. According to Soulja, the students are to blame for having their personal items in the locker room to begin with. Gave the thief a reason to steal.

I see selective comprehension is not what you gave up for your 2017 New year's resolution.

But you're the same one that justified pushing an older woman put of the way if she's blocking a door instead of calling the proper authorities...

We live in a society where rules, regulations, guidelines...Whatever haven't applied to the masses in a very long time.

While I'm an old school (raised with promises, not threats) mentality, most "sensitive" situations are routinely settled based on political/financial clout first and then towards exposure/popularity benefits.

I reserve the right to go "nuclear" in any given situation where "nuclear" tactics have been applied.  Of course, it's a break glass in an emergency one time use only decision.

But it'll get noticed.