The "Tolerant" Left!

Reagan

I firmly believe there is a code of silence among the Police ranks (and know many disagree).  Too much smoke around this issue for years.  This code is a leading contributor to the lack of trust we see today.  If we had a culture of officers speaking up publicly against bad behavior in the ranks, it would go a long way.  Had there been camera phones from even 1980 forward, we might have a different perspective on the issue today.  Had there not been a camera on Rodney King, I suspect no officer would have reported  ...and Rodney's intoxicated behavior helped earn that a** whoopin too.  At some point it went too far.  Within the African American community there needs to be a very public push to rebuke the ninja lifestyle that kills people, glorifies drug dealing, and puts Police officers at danger.  NAACP, BLM, Sharpton, Jackson, Obama and many more should be leading this.

Had the BLM formed even 10 or 20 years ago, I don't think we'd have this much push back (even to the bad behavior of idiots).  Today, guys like Trump, conservative news, Tea Party(?) are speaking publicly about issues that were considered taboo or hot button.  This has led the way for the silent majority to rise.  BLM coming about in today's climate will certainly heat things up more than in the past.  Dr. King would have joined BLM but he also would have been at the front condemning the ones promoting violence toward cops or any other human.  That's what's missing

8 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I firmly believe there is a code of silence among the Police ranks (and know many disagree).  Too much smoke around this issue for years.  This code is a leading contributor to the lack of trust we see today.  If we had a culture of officers speaking up publicly against bad behavior in the ranks, it would go a long way.  Had there been camera phones from even 1980 forward, we might have a different perspective on the issue today.  Had there not been a camera on Rodney King, I suspect no officer would have reported  ...and Rodney's intoxicated behavior helped earn that a** whoopin too.  At some point it went too far.  Within the African American community there needs to be a very public push to rebuke the ninja lifestyle that kills people, glorifies drug dealing, and puts Police officers at danger.  NAACP, BLM, Sharpton, Jackson, Obama and many more should be leading this.

Had the BLM formed even 10 or 20 years ago, I don't think we'd have this much push back (even to the bad behavior of idiots).  Today, guys like Trump, conservative news, Tea Party(?) are speaking publicly about issues that were considered taboo or hot button.  This has led the way for the silent majority to rise.  BLM coming about in today's climate will certainly heat things up more than in the past.  Dr. King would have joined BLM but he also would have been at the front condemning the ones promoting violence toward cops or any other human.  That's what's missing

There is no question, we just fundamentally disagree. I am glad, though, I got to see your perspective. I think there is too many excuses made for criminals. I think they get away with too much and don't receive proper punishment, white or black. I would be interested to see if those parents who teach their kids to be scared or not like the police have a criminal background. I am not scared of the police and do not feel like if I was stopped I would be at risk of being shot. I do not buy the rebuttal "Thats because your white" either. 

Here is why i am not scared of the police:

1. I rarely have interacted with them because I follow the law.

2. I do not hang around people who violate the law, risking a police interaction.

3. If stopped by a policemen, I would not be disrespect, rude, and defensive. 

4. If a policeman asked me to put my hands behind my back or any other specif order, I would say "Yes sir/ma'am and do it respectfully.

5. If asked to take my hands out of my pockets, I would do so the first time I was asked.

6. I would never make a motion toward a cop, especially aggressively.

7. I would not run from the police, because I would have nothing to hide.

It is not because I am white. It is because I respect the law and those that enforce it. If everyone respected the law and did not break it and have no respect for law enforcement these issues would be resolved almost to nothing. I

18 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

There is no question, we just fundamentally disagree. I am glad, though, I got to see your perspective. I think there is too many excuses made for criminals. I think they get away with too much and don't receive proper punishment, white or black. I would be interested to see if those parents who teach their kids to be scared or not like the police have a criminal background. I am not scared of the police and do not feel like if I was stopped I would be at risk of being shot. I do not buy the rebuttal "Thats because your white" either. 

Here is why i am not scared of the police:

1. I rarely have interacted with them because I follow the law.

2. I do not hang around people who violate the law, risking a police interaction.

3. If stopped by a policemen, I would not be disrespect, rude, and defensive. 

4. If a policeman asked me to put my hands behind my back or any other specif order, I would say "Yes sir/ma'am and do it respectfully.

5. If asked to take my hands out of my pockets, I would do so the first time I was asked.

6. I would never make a motion toward a cop, especially aggressively.

7. I would not run from the police, because I would have nothing to hide.

It is not because I am white. It is because I respect the law and those that enforce it. If everyone respected the law and did not break it and have no respect for law enforcement these issues would be resolved almost to nothing. I

Parents are giving their kids this advice ...this comes from my general understanding, could be wrong.  That talk is based in don't do anything to give a cop a reason and of course don't be doing anything to warrant a stop.  Will also bet money that African American officers are giving "the talk" too.

17 hours ago, Remmus said:

Parents are giving their kids this advice ...this comes from my general understanding, could be wrong.  That talk is based in don't do anything to give a cop a reason and of course don't be doing anything to warrant a stop.  Will also bet money that African American officers are giving "the talk" too.

White and black parents alike. So I am missing your point. All races are giving "the talk".

I knew liberals were dumb, but this takes the cake.

This is the hidden content, please

Civil rights groups are concerned that the police will violate their rights during the Inauguration protests so they intend to record their behavior. Meanwhile, the ACLU is demanding that the police turn off their body worn cameras during the events.

43 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I knew liberals were dumb, but this takes the cake.

Civil rights groups are concerned that the police will violate their rights during the Inauguration protests so they intend to record their behavior. Meanwhile, the ACLU is demanding that the police turn off their body worn cameras during the events.

Wow...lol.

Again, these people in DC are being called protestors.  Why not call them what they are?  They are nothing more than rioting thugs.  The water cannons and any other means necessary need to be used to disperse these idiots.  There is a difference between protesting and committing crimes.  I guess if you are like Big girl, you are so proud of them.

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Prior to reading this thread I posted it as a thread this morning.  Cud blame it on old age, or being dumb, but I think the crazy LL's (Lunatic Left) are making me crazy.  Perhaps if the Flight Attendants had had some play-doh to give the old HAG, she'd been okay.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Nuts

Again LRF, I've run out of words to describe this.  I knew it was bad, but this?  I'm reminded of when Bush took over from Clinton.  Many of the offices in the White House were trashed.  Glass on desktops were broken.  Phones had been forwarded to other extensions.  The "W's" were broke off typewriters.  Like a bunch of spoiled brats.  And their mental condition is getting increasingly worse.