The "Tolerant" Left!

Reagan

NAACP would be defunct today but their legal arm is pretty well funded and supported.  That aside its now a group that gives awards once per year.  If you think about it, today's NAACP hasn't been anywhere to be found publicly when real problems take place.  You would think they'd be all over these cop/citizen shootings.  As far back as the 90's I heard claims by African Americans that the NAACP is an ineffective club for bourgeoisie African Americans.  The Urban League was taken more seriously.  I think their meeting with Sessions is laughable considering they've been M.I.A. for over 30 years. 

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

NAACP would be defunct today but their legal arm is pretty well funded and supported.  That aside its now a group that gives awards once per year.  If you think about it, today's NAACP hasn't been anywhere to be found publicly when real problems take place.  You would think they'd be all over these cop/citizen shootings.  As far back as the 90's I heard claims by African Americans that the NAACP is an ineffective club for bourgeoisie African Americans.  The Urban League was taken more seriously.  I think their meeting with Sessions is laughable considering they've been M.I.A. for over 30 years. 

Is it possible that they don't believe the shootings are of epidemic proportions as you and the media like to promote?

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Is it possible that they don't believe the shootings are of epidemic proportions as you and the media like to promote?

No clue but maybe their legal wing did a thorough check. My belief (based on perception) is they're more interested in planning the Image Awards

22 minutes ago, Remmus said:

No clue but maybe their legal wing did a thorough check. My belief (based on perception) is they're more interested in planning the Image Awards

And found out there are no legal grounds for claiming that white cops get up every morning looking for black people to shoot

3 hours ago, baddog said:

I'll ask, what do they do?

"The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination."

Obviously their heyday was during the Civil Rights Movement, like SNCC and many other groups.  Today they definitely could play a vital, but they've been mostly M.I.A. IMO.  They could have been out in front on the what some believe is an extensive culture of police brutality and the BLM movement would be the NAACP.  Even if their law department found that all or most of the shootings were justified, they could have played an important role in presenting evidence/facts and getting to the heart of the issue.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:25 PM, Remmus said:

"The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination."

Obviously their heyday was during the Civil Rights Movement, like SNCC and many other groups.  Today they definitely could play a vital, but they've been mostly M.I.A. IMO.  They could have been out in front on the what some believe is an extensive culture of police brutality and the BLM movement would be the NAACP.  Even if their law department found that all or most of the shootings were justified, they could have played an important role in presenting evidence/facts and getting to the heart of the issue.

Rem, honestly, do you believe this? Police behavior is the problem? 

Also don't you think that BLM has done more harm than good? Even if the founding members are not cop hating racists, don't you think having your name associated with "We want dead cops" would prompt you to step up and condemn those people chanting such things? 

Comparing BLM to the NAACP would have civil rights activists puking in their graves.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:25 PM, Remmus said:

Should be:  NAALCP!

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, Remmus said:

I thought that was what the courts/justice system did?

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Also don't you think that BLM has done more harm than good? Even if the founding members are not cop hating racists, don't you think having your name associated with "We want dead cops" would prompt you to step up and condemn those people chanting such things? 

Comparing BLM to the NAACP would have civil rights activists puking in their graves.

19 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Uhhh...when?  Today or in the 1950's and 1960's during the NAACP's peak?

Remmus is closing the gap on Big Girl. I have posed this question to him 3 different times and he has flat ignored it. Another example of posting and running when posed a question that seems too punch holes in Liberal thinking.

38 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Remmus is closing the gap on Big Girl. I have posed this question to him 3 different times and he has flat ignored it. Another example of posting and running when posed a question that seems too punch holes in Liberal thinking.

I did respond to this.  If you look at the percentages, then the number of incidents are low.  If you're one of the people that got hurt or the family member of a person killed, the number is too high.  Another issue (perhaps the largest) is perception.  Some are taught to trust cops and others are taught to not trust cops.  "The talk" is a real thing in the African American community.  Obviously there's a segment that never received the talk based on their actions, but it's a tradition if you will.  Many African American parents are scared for their children.  The expectation of equal treatment just doesn't exist.  Bet money that Cain, Carson, Powell, Steele would/did have that talk with their sons too.  Maybe more balanced, but the talk would/did happen.

5 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I did respond to this.  If you look at the percentages, then the number of incidents are low.  If you're one of the people that got hurt or the family member of a person killed, the number is too high.  Another issue (perhaps the largest) is perception.  Some are taught to trust cops and others are taught to not trust cops.  "The talk" is a real thing in the African American community.  Obviously there's a segment that never received the talk based on their actions, but it's a tradition if you will.  Many African American parents are scared for their children.  The expectation of equal treatment just doesn't exist.  Bet money that Cain, Carson, Powell, Steele would/did have that talk with their sons too.  Maybe more balanced, but the talk would/did happen.

I have a few things on this, but this was not the main thing I was curious on. I want to know this. I want to know YOUR opinion on this:

Honestly, do you believe this? Police behavior is the problem? 

Also don't you think that BLM has done more harm than good? Even if the founding members are not cop hating racists, don't you think having your name associated with "We want dead cops" would prompt you to step up and condemn those people chanting such things? What good has come from BLM and how can you even compare them to civil rights activist in the 60's. King would be puking in his grave if he heard that.