25-2A

Chester86

Can't wait for the season, even though I'll have one that is a senior.  What's your thoughts on the district and how it might turn out.  The district remains the same, save the addition of the Deweyville Pirates.  

I'm not sure, but I think I'm right when I say that High Island and Spurger will be in the playoffs no matter what.  They will represent the district as 1-A members. Then, the remaining members will fight for three 2-A spots.

Deweyville drops down from 3-A, so you know they will be salty and have athletes.  West-Hardin and Hull-Daisetta return numerous starters.  Big Sandy has a ton returning, and they went the furthest last year.  They also have several players committed to colleges (TAMU & Alvin JC).  They will be primed to make a deep run again.  Evadale returns most of their team and should challenge for a playoff spot.  Should be a fun season, and I am going to enjoy every minute.  Interested in your thoughts.

On 1/3/2017 at 2:50 PM, Chester86 said:

Can't wait for the season, even though I'll have one that is a senior.  What's your thoughts on the district and how it might turn out.  The district remains the same, save the addition of the Deweyville Pirates.  

I'm not sure, but I think I'm right when I say that High Island and Spurger will be in the playoffs no matter what.  They will represent the district as 1-A members. Then, the remaining members will fight for three 2-A spots.

Deweyville drops down from 3-A, so you know they will be salty and have athletes.  West-Hardin and Hull-Daisetta return numerous starters.  Big Sandy has a ton returning, and they went the furthest last year.  They also have several players committed to colleges (TAMU & Alvin JC).  They will be primed to make a deep run again.  Evadale returns most of their team and should challenge for a playoff spot.  Should be a fun season, and I am going to enjoy every minute.  Interested in your thoughts.

I thought they graduated a ton. I think the only starter they have coming back is the Hendrix kid. I could be wrong, hope im not though!

Big Sandy is loaded they should make a appearance in the state title game. I hear Hendrix has hit 93 this fall and Holmes 91 . Both Holmes brothers could start anywhere they play. and they have a freshman Williams that will help low 80s. Hendrix and Holmes have signed already to play college ball.

Evadale should be setting pretty in the playoffs with their pitching staff returning. Senior Daniel Bean RHP should have a good year again and Sophomore Parker Moye LHP getting attention from 3 D1 colleges already and they have a few others that can take up the slack on the mound. Along with Torres behind the plate hope to see a good season for the Rebels! 

From what i hear to Big Sandy has another hendrix, sophmore or junior that pitches as well. Made some appearances last year in playoffs i think. BS definitely has the edge on the bump in this district, just not sure you'll see #1 or #2 til playoffs though. Evadale has the edge overall I believe, especially offensively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On January 4, 2017 at 3:15 PM, longball24 said:

Big Sandy is loaded they should make a appearance in the state title game. I hear Hendrix has hit 93 this fall and Holmes 91 . Both Holmes brothers could start anywhere they play. and they have a freshman Williams that will help low 80s. Hendrix and Holmes have signed already to play college ball.

They have set fire in the pre-district part of the schedule.  Big Sandy is definitely as advertised.

Blah,blah,blah Big Sandy.....I will be concerned about the teams in the playoffs after district! Evadale usually gets thrown to the wolves every year 2nd round, and it's a cake walk for others such as Big Sandy! Happens for us in football too, starting to think UIL has it in for Evadale! Especially when we are in a Region with West and Central Texas schools and we are in East Texas!!! Makes no sense!!!

35 minutes ago, 24/7Fun said:

Blah,blah,blah Big Sandy.....I will be concerned about the teams in the playoffs after district! Evadale usually gets thrown to the wolves every year 2nd round, and it's a cake walk for others such as Big Sandy! Happens for us in football too, starting to think UIL has it in for Evadale! Especially when we are in a Region with West and Central Texas schools and we are in East Texas!!! Makes no sense!!!

Sounding a little butt hurt about something.  Big Sandy in that same region.  Just play the team that is next up and move on.  Good luck to Evadale, except for Tuesday night. Where was that cake walk for Big Sandy located?

Not butt hurt about nothing! Bet on that! Yalls second round last year was for sure, compared to ours! And sounding cocky can come back and bite you in the A$$$! I also know the  Trenton tourney didn't have much competition as well, my son plays summer ball with one of the players off of that team, which he's a good player but the rest of the teams aren't much to write home about! Like I said I could care less about district,  even though we got 1st in disrtict last year , but we will go to the playoffs,  and then that's when we need to prepare! 

4 minutes ago, 24/7Fun said:

Not butt hurt about nothing! Bet on that! Yalls second round last year was for sure, compared to ours! And sounding cocky can come back and bite you in the A$$$! I also know the  Trenton tourney didn't have much competition as well, my son plays summer ball with one of the players off of that team, which he's a good player but the rest of the teams aren't much to write home about! Like I said I could care less about district,  even though we got 1st in disrtict last year , but we will go to the playoffs,  and then that's when we need to prepare! 

Who is sounding cocky? But blah,blah,blah Big Sandy what's with that.  Take a page from Chester86, who along with myself, has mutual respect towards each other's teams.