Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

Larry Neumann is behind Barrow & im sure lobbying on his behalf. This is the guy who made Nederland Football & athletics a power to deal with for 23 years with Barrow with him the whole time. I'm sure '75 grad Don Clayton & Simmons are great Katy coaches but i'll take Neumann & Barrows PROVEN Nederland results  

54 minutes ago, outanup said:

Seems there may be another candidate not listed in the foi....stay tuned. And when this is all said and done, and election time rolls around..... take a look and ask around about the candidates for school board. IMO it's time for change.

I have head this exact same thing but was  unable to say anything about this as well. Though I have heard said candidate has decided based on other related issues has removed said persons name. If its true then their is some sexplaining to do

2 hours ago, kf89 said:

Larry Neumann is behind Barrow & im sure lobbying on his behalf. This is the guy who made Nederland Football & athletics a power to deal with for 23 years with Barrow with him the whole time. I'm sure '75 grad Don Clayton & Simmons are great Katy coaches but i'll take Neumann & Barrows PROVEN Nederland results  

So Nueman is going to stay on and help coach????

All coaches know you never want to be the first guy to follow a Legend and in Nederland, Neumann is a Legend. Barrow is the logical choice to continue the tradition. If he is not successful then you truly open it up and bring in a new voice with a new philosophy. It really is a simple concept, you continue what has been good in Nederland until it ceases to be good.

Nederland is not anywhere near a "attractive" job. It's a good job yeah I'll give to you. But Great? I wouldn't go there. Below average facilities, with poor support to get bonds passed, Good ole boy system still going strong in the school district,  once out of 3 years you will have a great HS player that goes to a major D1 program that everyone hangs there hat on. Other then that Nederland is average. Before Neumann we were nothing. Take his resume away and Nederland is virtually nothing except for the 50s runs with Bum Phillips. If it honesty wasn't for the Bum Phillips Bowl/MCM Nederland wouldn't get any attention at all around the whole state. 

19 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

AnenAll coaches know you never want to be the first guy to follow a Legend and in Nederland, Neumann is a Legend. Barrow is the logical choice to continue the tradition. If he is not successful then you truly open it up and bring in a new voice with a new philosophy. It really is a simple concept, you continue what has been good in Nederland until it ceases to be good.

Amen my friend 

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's crazy...  Why don't y'all just spread the word of the opening via social media and hopefully, the right guy hears about it?  

Because so and so brother won't have a job anymore in their hometown/ still wearing the blinder glasses/ they aren't drinking the Nederland kool aid or a combination of all 3. Nederland is stuck in the 70s and don't like change and can take it very well. 

Barrows is the right choice

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's crazy...  Why don't y'all just spread the word of the opening via social media and hopefully, the right guy hears about it?  

If Barrows gets it, the right guy did hear about it. Problem with Nederland is we just can't get the community to support upgrading our city. Putting band aides on stuff gets old. We do have great teachers and coaches, just poor facilities. Hopefully one day the right school board will assemble and support the direction of "new"!!

• Bigdog locked this topic