Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

I believe its actually ten business days to respond to FOI's so ISD's can really drag their feet.....

Also keep in mind to get around FOI's, the districts will use other ways to reach out to candidates, most guys get contacted "unofficially" and they don't actually fill out an application until very late in the process...

And sending a resume and a letter of interest to the Superintendent does not constitute applying. When a FOI request is made the district can choose to exclude all interested individuals who have not officially applied.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:33 PM, outanup said:

Board meeting the 20th to approve the hire I would think. The new coach will know by friday.

I figured they would move fast.  I'm glad its not going to drag out to give the new coach time to start spring training stuff and install whatever he needs to install as far as a system.

5 hours ago, bigdog said:

I figured they would move fast.  I'm glad its not going to drag out to give the new coach time to start spring training stuff and install whatever he needs to install as far as a system.

It's still early.  One makes mistakes if one moves too fast!  Take your time and do the right thing!

11 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It's still early.  One makes mistakes if one moves too fast!  Take your time and do the right thing!

Like I said, the interview process probably started as soon as Neumann announced his retirement, not when it went into effect, which would be almost a month ago now.

The Feb 20th school board meeting has nothing to do with the AD position.  It states what is on the Agenda and it is just one item...Nothing to do with the AD...The AD position is still tight lipped...No news outta Nederland...Most teachers and administrators had meetings yesterday...I would think by next week some info may begin to hit the surface...

3 hours ago, outanup said:

Unless things changed, the job was posted on the NISD website and region 5 only... there is an agenda by several board members, will be interesting to see if they can swing it.

Interesting!  Agenda's have a way of going wrong in the end.  I hope there is a majority on the board interested in doing the right thing!

• Bigdog locked this topic