Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

I'd be curious to see a list of schools in Texas where the AD is the Basketball Coach with a list of the football teams' win/loss records.

AD only has happened a few times this year but on the 4a level at Pleasanton and Sanger. Can't recall a situation where a basketball coach was the AD granted this is all speculation on our part and Nederland could simply hire a head football coach/athletic director 

It seems to me that in recent years the number of jobs that we actually get to see a list of applicants has gone down. I remember a few years back, we would see a list on here of every coach that applied as well as the local used car salesman, postman, pee wee coach and position coach from some no name school in South Dakota. I was always interesting to discuss. 

34 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

It seems to me that in recent years the number of jobs that we actually get to see a list of applicants has gone down. I remember a few years back, we would see a list on here of every coach that applied as well as the local used car salesman, postman, pee wee coach and position coach from some no name school in South Dakota. I was always interesting to discuss. 

It was usually the media that requested the names under FOIA.  They need to step up their game and get it done! 

On 1/30/2017 at 9:30 AM, Reagan said:
On 1/30/2017 at 9:30 AM, Reagan said:

It was usually the media that requested the names under FOIA.  They need to step up their game and get it done! 

Gabe, where are you?

12 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Gabe, where are you?

FOI requests don't work as quickly as some think.  A governmental entity, like a school district has 10 days to respond to the request or claim that the information is privileged.  These governmental entities have made good use of that 10 day period in order to avoid releasing info until it absolutely has to.

I believe its actually ten business days to respond to FOI's so ISD's can really drag their feet.....

Also keep in mind to get around FOI's, the districts will use other ways to reach out to candidates, most guys get contacted "unofficially" and they don't actually fill out an application until very late in the process...

• Bigdog locked this topic