Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

6 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Perhaps Reagan doesn't like his coaching style?

seems so. Still no solid reasons why Coach Barrow is a good candidate as anyone for Nederland job,after several people stated reasons why barrow is legit. I would love to hear the reasons like i stated a few days ago my friend "reagan" is more than welcome to pm me,text me,call me or even better meet for a burger to enlighten me on this subject on whats best for my kids & nederland, i will pick up the bill.  

21 hours ago, olddognewtricks said:

Well guys month is drawing to a close in 13 days. Is Monte our new guy(well deserved), will it be someone that graduated from BIG NED coming home to coach, or someone new to the district. I have to admit the suspense is killing me

Month may be coming to a close, but the job still has not been posted on the NISD website.

Where do you go to see when the job is posted?  The press release said they would start the replacement process immediately, (I would think that was pretty soon lol)  We can all have differences on who the new coach will be but when one is selected, I would hope we All accept the decision and none of us boycott the inauguration of the new coach because Bulldog fans he will the Coach for all of us. One other tidbit of info if my memory serves me right 24 years ago Larry was not the 1rst pick I think not even the 2nd, I think those two turned the job down, (thirds a charm)  somehow back then other circumstances got us the right coach, if I am wrong on that info just blame it on old age.  

6 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

Where do you go to see when the job is posted?  The press release said they would start the replacement process immediately, (I would think that was pretty soon lol)  We can all have differences on who the new coach will be but when one is selected, I would hope we All accept the decision and none of us boycott the inauguration of the new coach because Bulldog fans he will the Coach for all of us. One other tidbit of info if my memory serves me right 24 years ago Larry was not the 1rst pick I think not even the 2nd, I think those two turned the job down, (thirds a charm)  somehow back then other circumstances got us the right coach, if I am wrong on that info just blame it on old age.  

NISD website...

You're right if the job stays in house how fast they move is no big deal, all the off season things like camp fun (secret spring game) will keep on going, but if the job goes to outside I think the school board needs to have a special meeting and get the show on the road and not wait for the regular board meetings.

14 hours ago, Knoddy1 said:

I imagine that the process started as soon as Neumann informed them of his retirement.  Just because the job isn't posted doesn't mean that they aren't already looking at candidates. They have to post the job for at least 10 days I think, but most likely they will already have their hire ready when that time is up.

This is the hidden content, please

PERSONNEL
 Board's Employment Policies
(Texas Education Code, §21.203 (a)-(b))
 Group Health Coverage Report and Plan
(Texas Education Code, §22.004(d))
o The annual report submitted to TRS and a copy of the group health coverage plan.
 Posting of Vacancies
(Texas Education Code, §11.1513(d) (1) (B))
o Post vacant position for which a certificate or license is required or post the position at certain
physical locations in the district.
 Vacancy Posting
o Ten day notice of vacant position requiring a certificate of license.

Still not sure what is going to happen but, it seems that the hire will be from the inside. Wheels of motion are turning too slow for an outside hire.When this first broke I was convinced it would be an outsider, but all indications now seem to point to a promotion from within. Im of the opinion that the AD needs to be the Head Football Coach, any other way could spell disaster for the program. JMO.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:18 PM, Knoddy1 said:

You're right if the job stays in house how fast they move is no big deal, all the off season things like camp fun (secret spring game) will keep on going, but if the job goes to outside I think the school board needs to have a special meeting and get the show on the road and not wait for the regular board meetings.

Yes, yes, and I'll be attending it this year.  So make sure the new coach has one...

Soulja1 if we don't have the spring game what on earth would we talk about.  But I am also starting to lean toward it being an inside promotion. But someone told me the job couldn't posted until Neumann was officially gone....anyone know the correct scoop on that?

On 1/19/2017 at 9:23 AM, bigdog said:

I imagine that the process started as soon as Neumann informed them of his retirement.  Just because the job isn't posted doesn't mean that they aren't already looking at candidates. They have to post the job for

Registrant  

at least 10 days I think, but most likely they will already have their hire ready when that time is up.

PERSONNEL
 Board's Employment Policies
(Texas Education Code, §21.203 (a)-(b))
 Group Health Coverage Report and Plan
(Texas Education Code, §22.004(d))
o The annual report submitted to TRS and a copy of the group health coverage plan.
 Posting of Vacancies
o Post vacant position for which a certificate or license is required or post the position at certain
physical locations in the district.
 Vacancy Posting
o Ten day notice of vacant position requiring a certificate of license.

The job is now posted masters degree preferred 

Couldnt find the job posted anywhere other than NISD website, not at Region 5, Indeed.com, Monster.com, etc....If anyone can find it posted anywhere else lets hear it? This speaks volumes about having a plan or agenda otherwise it would be posted where applicants looking could find it. Funny thing, I also searched these sites for AD/ baseball or basketball HC...NOTHING. The SUP job was posted all over the internet why? Because they were really looking.... an didnt want an inhouse hire. I know I have beat this horse but,anything other then a hire of AD/Head Football Coach could very well be the undoing of Nederland football.

With the language in the posting, and timing, I think it is probably safe to assume that Monte Barrow will get the job.  They will probably hire him and give two to three years to get his masters degree since it says ability to obtain.  Rest easy Bulldog fans, you probably won't have the apocalyptic scenario of (gasp) a basketball coach becoming athletic director and the dismantling of the football program as some of you seem to believe.

• Bigdog locked this topic