Tony Romo

What will the Cowboys do with Romo? Will they trade him or restructure his contract? If they trade him, can they get much of anything for him with his long list of injuries and the severity of them with his age being a concern also. Cowboys may not be able to get what they expect. So, what do they do? Trade him and take what they can get or tell him to suck it up take a cut in salary and have one of the best backups in the NFL or will he surprise everybody and retire?

On 1/2/2017 at 6:58 AM, Coach85 said:

What will the Cowboys do with Romo? Will they trade him or restructure his contract? If they trade him, can they get much of anything for him with his long list of injuries and the severity of them with his age being a concern also. Cowboys may not be able to get what they expect. So, what do they do? Trade him and take what they can get or tell him to suck it up take a cut in salary and have one of the best backups in the NFL or will he surprise everybody and retire?

They can't make him take a pay cut. Unless he agrees to restructure his contract on a premise of a trade, no team will deal anything for him. Other teams aren't giving up a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick for a overpaid QB with that medical history. 

I think they eventually cut him, whether that is a good move or not, IDK.

I'd love to keep him on the roster.  I still think he's a better qb (when healthy, which he is for the moment) than Dak.  I love Dak, and he's earned his starting role, but if Romo had had a team around him his whole career like the one Dak is playing with this year, Tony would have a couple of rings.  If we could find a way to keep Romo on as a backup, it would be great, simply because our starter could get hurt and we would still be a super bowl contender.  I'm not sure if finances will allow that to happen.