2019 Prospects

Woodville has 3.

RB/S - Zackary Martin - 5'9" 180lbs - 1st team all district RB and S

OG - Seth Fabela - 6' 1" 300lbs - 2nd team all district OG

FB/LB - Marcos Broom - 5'9" 195lbs - 1st team all district LB

Cameron White, a very good DB for Silsbee, just moved from Woodville this past year.

13 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Then I assume they should win district if not this year, then the next, right? lol

If it wasn't for PA Memorial, they'd be in the running...realistically no and it's not because of a lack of talent and athletes.  That has never been the issue...

13 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

If it wasn't for PA Memorial, they'd be in the running...realistically no and it's not because of a lack of talent and athletes.  That has never been the issue...

I completely agree. Central has always had the athletes to compete. The problem has been keeping them on the field and getting them to buy into the head coach's system.

16 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I completely agree. Central has always had the athletes to compete. The problem has been keeping them on the field and getting them to buy into the head coach's system.

I don't know if you are referring to grades or injuries but neither have been a big problem in the Foreman era.  Now I can buy the 2nd part of your statement... 

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I don't know if you are referring to grades or injuries but neither have been a big problem in the Foreman era.  Now I can buy the 2nd part of your statement... 

I'm not referring to either of those. Beaumont is the problem. This "wanna-be Houston" environment has turned Beaumont into one of the worst areas to raise a child in the state. It's not the coaches fault, nor is it the school district's fault. It's not even bad luck. All three Beaumont high schools suffer from it, but Central has taken the hardest hit over the last 20 years. If I'm not mistaken, in a study by Forbes Magazine, Beaumont was found to have one of the highest violent crime rates, per-capita, IN THE NATION. To add to that, they were also found to be the least-educated city in America. That's not a coincidence and it's not any particular person or group of people's faults. It's just a harsh and unfortunate reality in Beaumont.

I see how this is measured, but we're talking about kids..  you said keeping kids in the field.  Has nothing to do with degrees.  BISD's dropout rate isn't really that high thanks to certain dropout prevention programs that's been in place for a while to help out...  

Nonetheless, what Jaginsider said was true...  Not many problems with keeping players on the field.  When report cards roll around, very rarely do you see student athletes ineligible due to grades.. 

53 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I'm not referring to either of those. Beaumont is the problem. This "wanna-be Houston" environment has turned Beaumont into one of the worst areas to raise a child in the state. It's not the coaches fault, nor is it the school district's fault. It's not even bad luck. All three Beaumont high schools suffer from it, but Central has taken the hardest hit over the last 20 years. If I'm not mistaken, in a study by Forbes Magazine, Beaumont was found to have one of the highest violent crime rates, per-capita, IN THE NATION. To add to that, they were also found to be the least-educated city in America. That's not a coincidence and it's not any particular person or group of people's faults. It's just a harsh and unfortunate reality in Beaumont.

How did you go from saying "keeping kids on the field and buying in to a coaches system" to all this?  

23 minutes ago, 24/7Fun said:

My how we always get off of topic lol

Thought was about listing 2019 prospects?

I agree.  I wish you and your son or brother luck (the only reason you'd start a thread about 2019 prospects).  Stay in the safety of your woods and I'll stay where I'm at.  If you are scared, say you are scared...

Huh?? My last post was not to be taken wrong? But I know what all people think with your comment of "stay in the safety of the woods" I'm not trying to start a argument on here, I just enjoy seeing kids listed from different schools and how there doing, but take it how ya want it!

I can assure we aren't scared over here! 

58 minutes ago, 24/7Fun said:

Huh?? My last post was not to be taken wrong? But I know what all people think with your comment of "stay in the safety of the woods" I'm not trying to start a argument on here, I just enjoy seeing kids listed from different schools and how there doing, but take it how ya want it!

I can assure we aren't scared over here! 

I wasn't referring to you 247.  I was referring to the Woodville Coach or dad that wants to get some publicity for a student.  I was just quoting you and agreeing with you that I thought this thread was about 2019 prospeats.  Not about the city of Beaumont...

6 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Warden, it's all good.  Someone makes a comment, all of topic, there will be a response...

I know, you'd think just listing a sophomore that should be a prospect doesn't seem all that hard.  I guess it is more difficult for some than others.

You asked what I was referring to, so I answered in detail so there was no misunderstanding. If I'm going to debate on here, I'd rather it be over a legitimate topic, instead of petty comments, like most heated debates on here are. Yes, it was very off topic. You asked, so I answered, and now it doesn't have to go any further. 

So......I know there must be some other 2019 prospects out there. So far we have my three sons/students and the entire Central sophomore class. Lol

33 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

You asked what I was referring to, so I answered in detail so there was no misunderstanding. If I'm going to debate on here, I'd rather it be over a legitimate topic, instead of petty comments, like most heated debates on here are. Yes, it was very off topic. You asked, so I answered, and now it doesn't have to go any further. 

So......I know there must be some other 2019 prospects out there. So far we have my three sons/students and the entire Central sophomore class. Lol

L'ravien Elia - West Brook - QB