Flanigan will not be charged over locker room camera

bullets13

6 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Ok, so he won't be charged in the court of law but does that mean BISD is done with it or can they still issue their own punishment, up to dismissal?

No, it does not mean that BISD is precluded from setting down whatever sanction it feels is warranted.

26 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Ok, so he won't be charged in the court of law but does that mean BISD is done with it or can they still issue their own punishment, up to dismissal?

Don't think that really matters now. From what I have been told, Flanigan will be leaving, regardless if he is allowed to stay.

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Why would he get some kind of punishment ?  The article stated the only time the cameras were in use was when no one was supposed to be in the locker room.  Should he be handed down punishment for catching a thief and protecting his players property ?   Maybe I'm missing something.

14 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Why would he get some kind of punishment ?  The article stated the only time the cameras were in use was when no one was supposed to be in the locker room.  Should he be handed down punishment for catching a thief and protecting his players property ?   Maybe I'm missing something.

No, you're not missing anything. IF the sole basis for any sanction against Coach Flanigan is that he violated that Texas Penal Code provision, then it should be the end of the show.  However, there are a couple of considerations which may still leave his status in question.

First, yes, we know there was no evidence that Flanigan violated any criminal law.  However, there may be some TEA or BISD policy provisions that this action might run afoul of.  I really don't know either way.

Second, history is not on the side of Coach Flanigan coming out of an administrative leave and retaining his position.  In fact, I can not recall that ever happening, be it administrator, teacher or coach.

People complained he violated privacy (of players that weren't around when the video was rolling) and it was proven he in fact didn't violate anyone's privacy. 

You're right, everyone did the right thing this time. It was for the best he was on leave so the situation could be investigated. Everyone did their jobs. 

Now, what to do about the real problem in this story. What happens with the thief and why hasn't it been announced they are in trouble?

The criminal isn't getting special treatment because of a family member are they? Man if so now that is a controversy worth worrying about and not the coach who coat them. 

Locker room theft seems to be a "thing" around Houston.  My sons have had items stolen while in high school.  They actually caught one of the perps with stolen phone in pocket (they called the phone and the perps pocket started ringing...lol).  The perp received a proper a** whoopin in the locker room and the thefts went away (that year).  Then one of my sons moved on to play ball in college here in Houston and the team's locker room was robbed while they were at practice.