2019 QB rankings

Cougar14.2

Still very early in the recruiting process but it looks like the SETXsports.com coverage area has three of the top 10 dual-threat qbs in the state of Texas for the 2019 class according to Lone Star Prospects. I don't really see him as a dual-threat qb, more of a drop back passer who can run like Aaron Sharp but I think it's especially impressive for Crosby QB Jaiden Howard who also picked up 21-5A newcomer of the year honors after only making one start last year.

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Still very early in the recruiting process but it looks like the SETXsports.com coverage area has three of the top 10 dual-threat qbs in the state of Texas for the 2019 class according to Lone Star Prospects. I don't really see him as a dual-threat qb, more of a drop back passer who can run like Aaron Sharp but I think it's especially impressive for Crosby QB Jaiden Howard who also picked up 21-5A newcomer of the year honors after only making one start last year.

This is the hidden content, please

Going to see some nice returners at the QB position from last year. I think the kids from BH and NC will throw up some really nice numbers next year along with Howard from Crosby. Crazy thing is the kid from Humble was just a sophomore and is probably one of the better pure athletes at the QB position. His biggest problem I saw was accuracy but he has a ton of potential.

The 2017 & 2018 football season will be looking bright for the Dayton Broncos. Although we may not have any nationally recognized atheletes as of yet, we will be stout to say the least. We will have strength in all positions, with returners in the backfield Zack Pike and Justin Santee who made a statement on varsity in 2016, running the ball, and on the receiving end we have Jake Torres, Treble Keener, Keith Williams, Keith Martinez, and Martin Gallegos returning. Most of the O-line who will be back protecting a QB AJ Nail, who will throw on the run as well as the pocket as good as any, or turn it up the field if those two things fail. Coming with him is a JV squad with talent at every level from the running backs to receivers, some may be new to you now but after mid-season most will be familiar with, receivers/tight-ends RJ Orebo, Christian Ramirez, Jermond Lovely, and William King, to name a few will make a statement on the varsity level. Returning defense will be somewhat new as quiet a few seniors leave, but we will be stout on the defensive line and the linebacker and secondary will be young but tough between the returning varsity and upcoming JV atheletes. As always Go Broncos!!!!!

14 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

78 stang, what do you think is the problem with this thread?  Many of the kids being discussed in the 2018 class already have multiple power 5 offers. I don't understand your gripe. 

Some people  just cant think that far ahead and question why others do so. I think that's the issue here. With high school/college football comes recruiting. Schools look ahead at players to get early jumps on them before other schools do. This is a normal part of football. I don't get his gripe either. I expect he will say something like "2019 is still over 2 years away", which matters little to this Topic or to the College coaches and scouts since as you said there are kids with multiple power 5 school offers in 2018 and 2019. The more technology we get to scout and record, the further college coaches will reach into the talent pot as far as age is concerned IMO

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, WOS99 said:

I don't see anything wrong with the topic, but I do think a lot of the kids who end up at the top of the rankings THAT YEAR haven't even started a varsity game yet. You're basing it on freshman/sophomore starters only.

Exactly my point. Heck they quit or be thrown off the team for grades or whatever. Get a life.

There is nothing wrong with the topic.  First of all, the fact that a statewide scouting site has compiled this list gives it at least some relevance.  Second, if you are entering your junior year, this is the year of showcase for you.  If a junior to be doesn't already have offers in hand, this is the year that they will get one.  And yeah, a lot of these types of topics and posts are started by relatives.  But heck, that is true with most of the posts on this site (and not just in this forum).  I can't begrudge a proud papa or momma (or big bro) tooting a kid's horn.

That being said, I do agree that you might need to pump the breaks as there is a lot of time and lot of events (injury, loss of interest, discipline problems, coaching changes, etc) which will occur between now and February 1, 2019 and this list may look significantly different then as it does now.

But for now, it is fun to look at this list and give respect to those young men who are on it, as well as wishing them the luck to stay on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, WOS99 said:

I don't see anything wrong with the topic, but I do think a lot of the kids who end up at the top of the rankings THAT YEAR haven't even started a varsity game yet. You're basing it on freshman/sophomore starters only.

I don't believe Kyle Trask ever started one game at Manvel and signed with Florida. All the kids on that list were sophomores this past season that contributed in some form or fashion on the varsity level. The evaluations/rankings were made from film as the vast majority of the kids on the list haven't even been through a true Spring evaluation. Oddly enough it will be the people on this site wondering how certain teams improve when they would already know X team has a stud junior qb that's pretty highly thought of by different recruiting services. Some of these kids already have offers and are only 17 months from their signing day as they will be enrolling for Spring ball.

Probably the most odd thing to me with WOS fans commenting is the multiple threads/post relating to Jack Dallas going into his junior year asking if he was the best qb in the state which was comical then and comical now.    

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:45 PM, 78Stang said:

Please rename this thread to "My Son (My home-team) 2019 Rankings"

Where did you see somebody start a thread about their son? Maybe I should rename it "Junior QB's with FBS offers and interest". Imagine how we felt talking about Jack Dallas thread who had/has no chance of being a contributor from the qb position in the NCAA.