Comparing 2016 attendance at the state games to 2015

dillonpanthers

11 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

And that's why the championship games should and will stay at AT&T. If you build the greatest stadium in the world, they will come!!!

I wish there was never another game played at AT&T.

It doesn't matter where they are played, people are going to come to the State Championship Games, regardless. Exiting the parking lot at AT&T was just stupid. Never seen anything like it. I sat in my truck for 32 minutes, without moving. WTH????

2 hours ago, XX Man said:

It doesn't matter where they are played, people are going to come to the State Championship Games, regardless. Exiting the parking lot at AT&T was just stupid. Never seen anything like it. I sat in my truck for 32 minutes, without moving. WTH????

Not only was the parking bad, but the sound system was horrible as well. NRG has a better sound system at least I could understand what was being said on the field.

The COWBOYS have won more Super Bowls without Coach Landry than they did with him. The COWBOYS are and always will be America's Team. Trying to compare reliant, or whatever it's name is, to AT&T is like saying the astrodome is still a nice venue. People want to see AT&T regardless who plays there. 

9 hours ago, XX Man said:

We are spoiled to not having to sit in traffic. If you lived and worked in Houston or Dallas, you wouldn't have thought as much about that 32 mins. And believe me, I loved attending last year at Reliant, but from a business perspective, you would have to be brain-dead to not have it at AT&T every year. It's there to stay. End of story. 

10 hours ago, XX Man said:

I've lived in Houston for 30 years now so know how to get around in urban areas but I still loathe DFW.

I planned the getting out of the parking lot and Dallas perfectly since I knew I'd be leaving right when Friday rush hour was starting. I parked close to the exit and opted for the long walk. There was zero line to get out of the parking lot then I went south and got on I-20 which goes directly to I-45 bypassing any of the nightmare that is I-30 and downtown. Was on 45 going south by 4pm with NO traffic.

That all being said I never want to have to drive there and back again. I'll plan ahead and fly instead.

Something interesting I observed: I went to the 8A state championship here in Florida. Attendance was 7,125. But at the Florida state championships, you can only buy tickets for each game, it's one buy one and stay in the whole day.

Not saying FL would outdraw TX in state championship attendance, I don't think that. But I do think attendance is helped by fans being able to stay for all games and just have to pay for one.

I have attended state championship games at both NRG and Jerry's World.....Jerry's World was a great experience and first class....The only thing I like better about NRG is the ability to move freely from one section and level to another as well as walk completely around if one wants to....Moving around at AT&T was a nightmare.....

12 hours ago, Goblin said:

I've lived in Houston for 30 years now so know how to get around in urban areas but I still loathe DFW.

I planned the getting out of the parking lot and Dallas perfectly since I knew I'd be leaving right when Friday rush hour was starting. I parked close to the exit and opted for the long walk. There was zero line to get out of the parking lot then I went south and got on I-20 which goes directly to I-45 bypassing any of the nightmare that is I-30 and downtown. Was on 45 going south by 4pm with NO traffic.

That all being said I never want to have to drive there and back again. I'll plan ahead and fly instead.

I messed around and did not get to my truck until 4pm, and sat in line for over 30 minutes without moving. I saw they were moving behind us and told the man behind me what was going on, and if he would move, we could bot get out,.5 minutes later, we were on public roads. The drive up was not bad, but the drive home sucked, especially since I was flying solo. 

14 hours ago, XX Man said:
On 12/17/2016 at 8:08 PM, Ty Cobb said:

Dallas was America's Team when Tom Landry coached them, but not since the old toad bought the team and fired every good coach he could find. 

7 hours ago, MEM said:

I have attended state championship games at both NRG and Jerry's World.....Jerry's World was a great experience and first class....The only thing I like better about NRG is the ability to move freely from one section and level to another as well as walk completely around if one wants to....Moving around at AT&T was a nightmare.....

I hope the games move back to NRG. It was a better experience. 

14 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

The COWBOYS have won more Super Bowls without Coach Landry than they did with him. The COWBOYS are and always will be America's Team. Trying to compare reliant, or whatever it's name is, to AT&T is like saying the astrodome is still a nice venue. People want to see AT&T regardless who plays there. 

Have you been to Reliant? I have been to both and I like Reliant much better. If Reliant were the stadium every year, the numbers would go up. I think the scheduling there one year, caused the NW Texas people, to just not go that year, knowing it was coming back to Dallas.