A front runner has emerged

AggiesAreWe

3 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

He has some college coaching experience and this would be the time to find out if he's ready. What's the worst that could happen?

Why at Lamar's expense?    What's the worst that could happen?  0-10.   That may be OK for some here, but...

I would have to see the list first.  Woodard wasn't the best on the last list.  I don't remember all the names but I do remember they had the opportunity to hire Larry Coker but chose Woodard.  Let's not make the same mistake.

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Why at Lamar's expense?    What's the worst that could happen?  0-10.   That may be OK for some here, but...

I would have to see the list first.  Woodard wasn't the best on the last list.  I don't remember all the names but I do remember they had the opportunity to hire Larry Coker but chose Woodard.  Let's not make the same mistake.

What if he is awesome? 

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Not bad at all...One thing Stump will do that you can count on is try to keep talent from this area here.....Now if he does he will have to hire some good coordinators...lol what about a Arthur Louis.   He's like a Charlie Strong ahah recruiting wise

1. He will be inexpensive.

2. He knows the area.

At this point, it's worth taking a risk on.  Best case scenario is he wins and you have not set the program back financially. (Unfortunately, if he wins, he will not be here long.). Worst case, he's terrible and you let him go after 3 years (See #1).

3 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

What if he is awesome? 

The key word is "what if!"  Meaning not yet.  Does Lamar want to be test ground?   Like I said before, let's see the list. 

Todd Dodge, record speaking, is a better coach than Stump.  He was a total failure at North Texas.  Lamar's got time.  They need to do the right thing.  Their last two, possibly last three, choices have been total failures.  The second to last oversaw the destruction of the program.  Lets' pick the best available coach.  The last time the best available didn't get hired!

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

Not like Lamar is in a win now situation...Hey you have to find the right fit and just cause the name screams big splash doesn't mean it will be...

Nothing is wrong with giving Stump a chance 

The last two have been utter failures.  You willing to possibly put Lamar in that situation again?   If one looks at the list and sees Stump is the most qualified of the bunch, then yes, hire him.  But what if he's not?  You still hire him?

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

The last two have been utter failures.  You willing to possibly put Lamar in that situation again?   If one looks at the list and sees Stump is the most qualified of the bunch, then yes, hire him.  But what if he's not?  You still hire him?

So you think Lamar should publish  their list? 

Well Lamar needs to win now situation, when Lamar got passed up to go back to the Sun Belt conference for other teams it was a slap to the face in many eyes of Lamar officials. Now with Idaho leaving Sun Belt is looking at Lamar to come back. This could be our last chance for a very long time. We need to win now and hire a big name guy. Spend the money LU! 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Well Lamar needs to win now situation, when Lamar got passed up to go back to the Sun Belt conference for other teams it was a slap to the face in many eyes of Lamar officials. Now with Idaho leaving Sun Belt is looking at Lamar to come back. This could be our last chance for a very long time. We need to win now and hire a big name guy. Spend the money LU! 

True, we haven't had a good track record on hiring coaches.  All I'm saying is let's take our time and do the right thing!  Sometimes one has to go out and find the the good candidate you want and not wait for someone to come to you.  Are they doing that?  Maybe -- maybe not!