STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS THREAD - 12/14-12/17

WOSgrad

Carthage wore Wylie down and won the game in the fourth. Wylie had four turnovers which eventually led to their undoing. Congratulations to the Carthage Bulldogs; you guys are a treat to watch play football. Keep going for it on fourth down....I love Surratt! BTW, I had to leave the games after this one; my nine year olds wore out and wore me out.

39 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Calallen really did good against a favorite Aledo team...I found myself pulling for them late, but Thoes penalties killed them in the end...

The killer, imo, was when Calallen was making a good stand inside their 10 and they got a Pass Interference call in the end zone.  Think the Ref blew it.  Of course, I had the advantage of watching a slo-mo replay, but it was a knife in the back.  But there was no quit in them.

For any oldtimers out there, the Calallen QB reminded me of Bobby Douglas who was a QB for the Bears I think.  Big left hander.  Ran more than passed.  The kid was solid.  The 300# DL for Aledo should get a ton of D1 offers.  Almost impossible for someone that big to be so quick.

Really looking forward to the LT game. Saw them last week and they look unbeatable. After watching Atascosita the week before beat NS I thought they would be game for LT. It was one of the worst beat downs I have seen in a semi final game. 56-7 in the 3rd before LT started playing everybody. Of course the Woodlands are an excellent team and LT has lost one this year I believe. I think LT has 6 kids on DC top 300 and the other starters don't drop of much from there. Offensive line is massive. They spread the ball everywhere through the air and the kid at running back was a receiver earlier this year and is nasty. On another note I could be way off but I'm thinking the Desoto game will be a much closer game. 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

The killer, imo, was when Calallen was making a good stand inside their 10 and they got a Pass Interference call in the end zone.  Think the Ref blew it.  Of course, I had the advantage of watching a slo-mo replay, but it was a knife in the back.  But there was no quit in them.

For any oldtimers out there, the Calallen QB reminded me of Bobby Douglas who was a QB for the Bears I think.  Big left hander.  Ran more than passed.  The kid was solid.  The 300# DL for Aledo should get a ton of D1 offers.  Almost impossible for someone that big to be so quick.

Him and the RB shoulda had 10+ offers at halftime. ..lol That RB will be a good one