Bmt Enterprise Super Gold

Chester86

8 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

I've never been the one to hold my tongue for anybody. Do i care for this list? No. Really doesn't mean anything honestly but if you want some one to speak their mind then I will be happy to. Remove Mczeal and add Kj Miller , remove Noah Lewis and add Jarron Morris. Once again, that's MY opinion. 

I can respect that and would have no problem with those substitutions. 

11 hours ago, RanchHand said:

Just curious as to what point Coach T WOULD be voted as Coach of the Year by the Beaumont group?  It certainly hasn't been in the last 3 years at ALL.  It probably matters to others more than it does to him but it has nothing to do with being "spoiled".  It has to do with the principle of the thing and makes it seem like Beaumont is a wee bit jealous of the success of WOS.  WOS scores over 800 points on offense in a season and has NO ONE on the offensive side recognized.  Spoiled?  I don't think so.  

That point you're talking about that you say hasn't happened at all would have been last year, when coach T was named the Super Gold Coach of the Year.

This is the hidden content, please

Congrats to All the kids that made the Super Gold Team....Example from last year...KJ made 2nd Team Super Gold Team in Baseball....An 3 Days later was name 1st Team All State 2nd Baseman...I will take All State over Super Gold Anyday....I emailed the enterprised about how Last Year Baseball Team was picked? An got the answer on how its picked...I wasn't trying to be a arse about it..But i did tell them that if he was chosen 1st Super Gold Team in baseball this year..That i would let him accept the award but he WOULD NOT ATTEND THEIR BANQUET.

Looking at the entire list, some of the guys complained about actually made it just second team.

1st team O

Roshon Johnson, QB, Port Neches-Groves

Calvin Tyler Jr., RB, Silsbee

Elijah Hines, RB, Memorial 

Keynel McZeal, WR/TE, Port Neches-Groves

Kandin Robertson, WR, West Brook 

Taydren Esprit, WR, Legacy

Dan Moore Jr., OL West Brook 

Corbin Smith, OL, Nederland 

Joseph Adams, OL, Bridge City 

Dejante Granger, OL, Ozen 

Brett Nunez, OL, Vidor 

Tiler Paine, K Hamshire-Fannett

Deshon Moreaux, ATH, Central

SECOND-TEAM OFFENSE

Tyler Torres, QB, Evadale

Ivan Lockhart, RB, Woodville

Haylon Leckelt, RB, Vidor

De'Andre Angelle, WR, Memorial

Kalon Barnes, WR, Silsbee

Preston Riggs, WR, Port Neches-Groves

Jonathan Hageon, OL, Silsbee

Zachary Murdock, OL, Port Neches-Groves

Seth Cashat, OL, Woodville, 

Tyler Swinney, OL, Buna

Leonta Dancey, OL, Memorial 

Bridger Quirante, K, Vidor 

FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE

Chris Castle, DL, Woodville

Mandel Turner-King, DL, West Orange-Stark 

Morris Joseph Jr., DL, West Orange-STark 

Reggie Boseman, DL, Central 

Logan LeJeuen, LB, Port Neches-Groves

Joey Ciccio, LB, Vidor

Corbin Foster, LB, Newton

Malick Phillips, DB, West Orange-Stark

Kary Vincent Jr., DB, Memorial

Noah Lewis, DB, Nederland 

Deonte Henson, DB, West Brook 

Kenny Pham, P, Memorial

SECOND-TEAM DEFENSE 

Tony Ciccio, DL, Vidor 

Deviun Kennebrew, DL, Newton 

Michael Mott, DL, Lumberton 

Tiren Forney, DL, Nederland 

Jomard Valsin, LB, Memorial 

Kelechi Nwachuku, LB, Hardin-Jefferson 

Jorge Ochoa, LB, West Brook

Josh Foster, DB, Newton 

Bruce Newton, DB, Newton 

Jarron Morris, DB, West Orange-Stark 

Preston Ervine, DB, Kirbyville

David Whitehead, P, Woodville

So what is the criteria for being recognized like this? I's it solely an editorial pick? I know that each of the kids on this list deserves a pick, but what about at least picking up some kids from smaller schools. Sabine Pass had decent year for the first time in a long time. CB Jamyus Jones had 4 interception in one game against Colmesneil and a pick 6. Brayden Miller averaged 17+ tackles per game for the season, 20+ tackles per game in district play, had a defensive touchdown, multiple tackles for loss of yards, plus contributed offensively. Just curious what they are looking at when making the picks. 

32 minutes ago, Triplethreat said:

So what is the criteria for being recognized like this? I's it solely an editorial pick? I know that each of the kids on this list deserves a pick, but what about at least picking up some kids from smaller schools. Sabine Pass had decent year for the first time in a long time. CB Jamyus Jones had 4 interception in one game against Colmesneil and a pick 6. Brayden Miller averaged 17+ tackles per game for the season, 20+ tackles per game in district play, had a defensive touchdown, multiple tackles for loss of yards, plus contributed offensively. Just curious what they are looking at when making the picks. 

Sabine Pass probably doesn't get credit because of who they are and who they play. I believe they beat a Louisiana home school team this year and a few other squads that did not fare well this year. When they faced quality opponents on their level in DISTRICT, (those out of district games were jokes)  they got smashed EVERY TIME. If they would have won more I think one of them could have made it. Now you can reply that the awards are given on an individual basis which is true, but the kids that won the award for example in Jones' case are just better,  and in many cases are going to D1 schools because they performed at high levels (Vincent Jr) against HIGH QUALITY opponents. Vincent Jr is one the nations best young CBs and the WO-S corners are the best unit in SETX and probably Tx as a whole.   The others CBs on that list have college offers very likely on the way. Against those guys, who are Better individually, play on Better teams, against Greater competition, with Greater production, the choice is easier. My boy Felix Jones had to average 20 points a game in basketball in Sabine Pass when he was there but it did not help out much with recognition, scholarships, and awards as far as b-ball is concerned. Its who you play and how you beat em.

10/147:00p
10/217:00p
@ 

11/47:00p
@ 
11/107:00p

You are absolutely correct. They got smashed against Tenaha, Evadale, Iola, and Hull-Daisetta.  BTW Tenaha went on to smash Iola and shut them out. But there are 3 or 4 kids that played their hearts out, worked hard, and did their best to contribute to a winning season. I get how Jones does not compare to his football counterparts, but what about Miller? Had those kids had the opportunity of 4 years of good coaching and team building I think it would be different now. Lets put into perspective that for example the HF kicker was selected despite a 9-2 season and only 1 district win, why couldn't a team with a stand out season have one kid selected? Especially if there are stats there that support a pick. It's not like saying hey pick a kid because they had a good season as a team. Sometimes there are diamonds in the rough. Let's say a kid comes out does the best he can individually, leads his team as best he can, actually makes a difference but because of years of poor coaching that one year does not deserve to be recognized for him. So my next question is are all defensive players, LB, DB averaging 15-20+ tackles per game, making key defensive plays and going D1 and that is what these lists are based?