Bmt Enterprise Super Gold

Chester86

You can't

24 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Very true 5GB.  I noticed that PNG, WOS and Memorial all had three players.  I understand how great WOS is, and I mean that sincerely, but you can't just fill the Super Gold with Mustangs.  Should Vidor complain that they only had two, since they tied with PNG & Memorial?  Probably not, because they have overachievers also.  And football is a team sport, and as a team, WOS is head and shoulders above the rest, and that's what wins SC.  

You just can't leave Jack Dallas and KJ Miller off this list, but like WOSGrad said, they aren't playing to be on this list... something much bigger.

33 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

You can't

You just can't leave Jack Dallas and KJ Miller off this list, but like WOSGrad said, they aren't playing to be on this list... something much bigger.

Exactly!  You show me a football player that would rather be on the Super Gold Team than win a State Championship, and I'll show you someone that doesn't have his priorities in order.

Go Mustangs !!!!!!!

On 12/14/2016 at 9:03 AM, dBerrySports said:

You complaining about not having more WOS players on the team is like Lebron James complaining about not being named MVP every year. He could make a great case for it every single time, but it's not going to happen. And, a lot of times, the Coach of the Year vote is made relative to expectations. As great of a season as WOS is having, pretty much everyone expected it this year. Coach T winning coach of the year last season, when WOS was expected to be "down", is kind of what I'm talking about.

But I realize people will complain no matter what. Oh well, what can you do.

Agreed. People are going to gripe no matter what you do. I classify them in the "Gold Monkey, Brass Tooth Club". You know, the people who when you give them a 20 foot tall 24 karat solid gold monkey they would complain about his bicuspid or molar being brass? Those folks. Being a journalist myself I know this all too well.

Its really not that serious. None of these guys played to make the Bmt Super gold team. In an award sense it means more to be first and second team district because that is voted by coaches right. It seems the adults are more angry than the kids on this one. Now I know that some will say the kids performace earned it, but the nature of the award is that is subjective. People will have different opinions and that doesnt mean that they are wrong, just different. At the end of the day, its a dinner banquet and a piece of paper with your name on it. Yay.................

46 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Its really not that serious. None of these guys played to make the Bmt Super gold team. In an award sense it means more to be first and second team district because that is voted by coaches right. It seems the adults are more angry than the kids on this one. Now I know that some will say the kids performace earned it, but the nature of the award is that is subjective. People will have different opinions and that doesnt mean that they are wrong, just different. At the end of the day, its a dinner banquet and a piece of paper with your name on it. Yay.................

and 5,10,15 years down the road you find it all crumpled up in a box in the attic with the rest of the meaningless accolades/trophies/plaques.  and then you ask yourself why do I still have these and go dump them in the dumpster.

I thought Haylon Leckelt should have made the list but wasn't the leading rusher in the area. Jeff and co beating Ned in nederville for the 1st time in 35 years probably helped a little as well. Coach T was expected to do this...any less would be a tragedy. I would trade all the awards in the universe for one visit to Jerryworld where I'm at right now. 

I'm good with Jeff M being the coach.  All things considered, he probably would have gotten my vote.   And you all know how high I am on Coach T.  

But to leave Jack Dallas and KJ Miller off is a bit silly.  The two best football players in SETX imo.   But as all have said, I'm sure they could care less so should we I guess...

18 hours ago, robanadana said:

I thought Haylon Leckelt should have made the list but wasn't the leading rusher in the area. Jeff and co beating Ned in nederville for the 1st time in 35 years probably helped a little as well. Coach T was expected to do this...any less would be a tragedy. I would trade all the awards in the universe for one visit to Jerryworld where I'm at right now. 

I'm with you on Leckelt.  You're right though about the numbers and that's due to the amount of weapons the Pirates had.  Only one football and you have him, Mav, Humble, etc...

On 12/15/2016 at 2:00 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

and 5,10,15 years down the road you find it all crumpled up in a box in the attic with the rest of the meaningless accolades/trophies/plaques.  and then you ask yourself why do I still have these and go dump them in the dumpster.

Exactly. When I was on it, there was no plaque or dinner. And the newspaper clipping probably was used to start a fire in the fireplace. Get over it people. Quit being a bunch of whiney babies! LOL

5 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Bigcam, you think we should add a couple dozen more spots on this team so everybody can get a trophy? Lol

Lol, it's hard to pick these sort of teams. I hope the Adults keep it in perspective & realize these are young kids. I know they may say the Award isn't important, but those opinions would change had they won the Award. Not getting picked doesn't sum up your Season or Career. If you're a Senior & are getting an opportunity to play at the next level, use this as Motivation. Good Luck & God Bless to All those chosen & the guys that didn't get it this time. 

5 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Bigcam, you think we should add a couple dozen more spots on this team so everybody can get a trophy? Lol

Please no, can't staple anymore names to the List. "Super" should be the very best at their respective position to make up a Team of 11. Next will be Honorable Mention Team of 11, MVP & maybe a Newcomer. That's it!!!!! Cut it out people

On 12/15/2016 at 1:13 PM, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well, I absolutely agree with your brother on there.

Hey Dberry, you can have your little super gold paper thingy, I'll just take a pick of the gold medals and SC trophy, put it in an envelope, turn that some------ sideways and shove it up your candy ---! Just kidding brother, I've just been waiting to use "the rock" quote for ever! Lol!!! Thanks for supporting us bud.......even though I don't agree with the pics but who cares anyway. 

7 hours ago, kicker said:

Hey Dberry, you can have your little super gold paper thingy, I'll just take a pick of the gold medals and SC trophy, put it in an envelope, turn that some------ sideways and shove it up your candy ---! Just kidding brother, I've just been waiting to use "the rock" quote for ever! Lol!!! Thanks for supporting us bud.......even though I don't agree with the pics but who cares anyway. 

Lol it's not my Super Gold anymore, just trying to give some insight on the process. Truth be told, it doesn't matter who is picked, someone is always going to be mad about it. If anyone has a perfect process to pick these teams, send it in lol.

But congrats to everyone who made the Super Gold team and to WO-S. 

On 12/14/2016 at 9:03 AM, dBerrySports said:

But I realize people will complain no matter what. Oh well, what can you do.

You can make selections that reflect merit and make sense. It doesn't matter that Coach T was expected to take a team to state, he coached and tuned the team that got them there, and did it with a team that has very darn few D1 prospects. (in fact, I have only heard of 1 D1 prospect)

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

You can make selections that reflect merit and make sense. It doesn't matter that Coach T was expected to take a team to state, he coached and tuned the team that got them there, and did it with a team that has very darn few D1 prospects. (in fact, I have only heard of 1 D1 prospect)

You're proving my point that people will complain no matter what. Coach T would have well deserved it. It is still relative to expectations. Coach Matthews took a team that was not projecting by many to make the playoffs and they won a co district championship. It's why Nick Saban/Bill Belicheck don't win Coach of the Year every single year. I did not choose the team or coach. But making it seem like the pick didn't make sense just sounds spoiled.

Just curious as to what point Coach T WOULD be voted as Coach of the Year by the Beaumont group?  It certainly hasn't been in the last 3 years at ALL.  It probably matters to others more than it does to him but it has nothing to do with being "spoiled".  It has to do with the principle of the thing and makes it seem like Beaumont is a wee bit jealous of the success of WOS.  WOS scores over 800 points on offense in a season and has NO ONE on the offensive side recognized.  Spoiled?  I don't think so.  

21 minutes ago, RanchHand said:

Just curious as to what point Coach T WOULD be voted as Coach of the Year by the Beaumont group?  It certainly hasn't been in the last 3 years at ALL.  It probably matters to others more than it does to him but it has nothing to do with being "spoiled".  It has to do with the principle of the thing and makes it seem like Beaumont is a wee bit jealous of the success of WOS.  WOS scores over 800 points on offense in a season and has NO ONE on the offensive side recognized.  Spoiled?  I don't think so.  

If you are going to say player a and player b from wos should be on the offensive team, then step on up and say who should be taken off. If JD should have made it, then do you think RJ should be removed?  If you got something to say, then by God, come on out and say it.