Tell me something good!!!!

HOTROD309

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

In other words it takes more than daddy ball to get you to the next level. Travel ball and professional lessons are worth the time and money. The one factor is to find someone who stresses core strength and works on speed and velocity. Start at a early age.

there are lots of things good about travel ball and lots of things bad. todays "showcase" style of baseball takes away from the team aspect of the sport. everybody want so be the hero and no one wants to do the dirty work.

you are correct on above statement, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that on any travel team or cage that does lessons, you are either paying for tournaments to get exposure, or your paying for lessons to get better. But even then, after all of this, whomever you are playing for or learning from, needs to be on the phone for each individual trying to set up as many individual opportunities as possible for that players ability level, or instruct his players to make calls or emails to colleges he recommends using him as a reference.  All teams are going to have possibly a D1, D2, NAIA, and JUCO players, and every tournament is not going to have all of these colleges in attendance, and I feel that if you are coaching or teaching, you are doing this  to find all of your players a college based on their level of play, just my opinion.

When your kid turns like 15/16 it's not about being on the best team anymore imo! It's being on the team with the right coaches and connections to play in the right tournaments, such as Perfect Game and Premier Tournaments to get your kid seen if they want to play in college! The days of playing for that trophy on the weekends or just about over at that point! Those were the good ol days though! Made lots of good memories!