Tell me something good!!!!

HOTROD309

People who say high school ball doesn't matter are the ones who aren't on a good high school team. They would think different if their team was going deep in the playoffs or even state. Yeah summer ball can give a player a great opportunity to get noticed by colleges, but so can yourΒ high school coach calling colleges and getting them out to the games.

I would love to see a highschool coach somewhere say,that we will no longer play select ball players on our varsity team. This would show that select baseball and professional lessons were a waste of time and money . The only team select players would be eligible for would be is Jv. Β Maybe someone complaining about select can do this.

3 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I would love to see a highschool coach somewhere say,that we will no longer play select ball players on our varsity team. This would show that select baseball and professional lessons were a waste of time and money . The only team select players would be eligible for would be is Jv. Β Maybe someone complaining about select can do this.

i wish people would stop calling it select. it stopped being select decades ago and became tournament teams. you no longer have to be select to play select. you just have to have momma and daddy pay for you to be on the team.Β 

Β 

I more prefer the term "travel ball" The only thing bad that can come from travel ball is a possible injury, but that could happen with anything. I recommend guysΒ play summer ball to stay in shape and not lose their swing. Not so much get noticed. If you're good enough they will find you. Doesn't matter where you play.

Wow! All the haters on "select /travel ball"...say what you want about it , but college after college will tell you they don't come and scout high school games because there season is going at that time! Unless your a freak throwing a 100 plus ! Being on travel team with coaches with great connections to colleges and playing in the right tournament's such as Perfect Game in Georgia or Jupiter Florida is crawling with scouts, saw it with my own eyes . Β My son has already been scouted by Arkansas and has several other D1 school interested as a freshman last year due to playing in those key tournaments. I don't care what anyone says you dont get that opportunity in highΒ school baseball ! But if your satisfied with high school ball and know your kid is not going anywhere to play after high school . Β Then yes save your money and time and play locally! Good times!!!!

I don't know very much about the perfect game stuff, but I do know recruiting.Β  I know that if you have a kidΒ in order to get him into college you need to look really hard as to the levelΒ he will be able to play at.Β  With that, I mean, not actual talent, but the whole scheme that colleges look for. Size, strength, ability, work habits, upside in future, are they fully mature and done growing in high school where they stood out, but might get caught by others still growing and getting better in the future. I have been helping players get in front of college coaches for years because that's what I love to do.Β  I do know 100% that college coaches do go to high school games to recruit,Β but usually because some coach, someone with credibility has informed them of this player to watch who isn't under the radar. The biggest thing I've noticed in my 25 years of helping kids is that if you want to play, you need to get in front of the college coaches individually, you need to forget the name of the school you prefer, and go play at the level you can.Β  Β I've had many kids go to big expensive events as under classman and get all the hype of "We are interested in you" but then they don't grow anymore but still progress on the field and then they don't have that same opportunity as a senior now, so have the kids expose themselves like homework to as many colleges as possible at every level..Β I tell my kids to email or callΒ 10Β college coaches (Head Coach or ASST only) every week and continue this, if you get any response it could start something positive. Β Every JUCO, D2, NAIA coach I knowΒ will let a kid come to their facility in the summer, fall, or springΒ and practice with them if that kid has a credible coach to represent him,Β  also, D1 during open time. AlsoΒ haveΒ your Β kid, get his class rank high, his SAT or ACT scores done early and retake if necessary, check the schools academic freshman scholarship grids, Β these are way more money than baseball.Β  In the last 5 years, more colleges have baseball programs than ever and that has opened lots of doors for more players, but with that the scholarships for baseball have decreased, meaning that academic money is #1, then baseball money and FASFA.Β  in the last year every college coach I sent kids to told them to get all this info turned into them asap and then they would figure baseball money, in many instances, academic was way more than baseball, and many schools only take 1 not both.

23 hours ago, Rockies1993 said:

I don't know very much about the perfect game stuff, but I do know recruiting.Β  I know that if you have a kidΒ in order to get him into college you need to look really hard as to the levelΒ he will be able to play at.Β  With that, I mean, not actual talent, but the whole scheme that colleges look for. Size, strength, ability, work habits, upside in future, are they fully mature and done growing in high school where they stood out, but might get caught by others still growing and getting better in the future. I have been helping players get in front of college coaches for years because that's what I love to do.Β  I do know 100% that college coaches do go to high school games to recruit,Β but usually because some coach, someone with credibility has informed them of this player to watch who isn't under the radar. The biggest thing I've noticed in my 25 years of helping kids is that if you want to play, you need to get in front of the college coaches individually, you need to forget the name of the school you prefer, and go play at the level you can.Β  Β I've had many kids go to big expensive events as under classman and get all the hype of "We are interested in you" but then they don't grow anymore but still progress on the field and then they don't have that same opportunity as a senior now, so have the kids expose themselves like homework to as many colleges as possible at every level..Β I tell my kids to email or callΒ 10Β college coaches (Head Coach or ASST only) every week and continue this, if you get any response it could start something positive. Β Every JUCO, D2, NAIA coach I knowΒ will let a kid come to their facility in the summer, fall, or springΒ and practice with them if that kid has a credible coach to represent him,Β  also, D1 during open time. AlsoΒ haveΒ your Β kid, get his class rank high, his SAT or ACT scores done early and retake if necessary, check the schools academic freshman scholarship grids, Β these are way more money than baseball.Β  In the last 5 years, more colleges have baseball programs than ever and that has opened lots of doors for more players, but with that the scholarships for baseball have decreased, meaning that academic money is #1, then baseball money and FASFA.Β  in the last year every college coach I sent kids to told them to get all this info turned into them asap and then they would figure baseball money, in many instances, academic was way more than baseball, and many schools only take 1 not both.

Great information and insight.

Well that escalated quickly ... I'm a firm believer in travel baseball. I've seen what it's done for my son and plenty of others ..don't get me wrong I love high school baseball nothing better than rivalry games and playoffs. Lucky for us we have great high school coaches but there are some schools who's coaches do not care like others. Travel ball gives them that exposure

I'm sure they all play some type ofΒ travel ball and got some type of work from a professional, , that's not always the case to get scholarships though, I knowΒ kids that got Β scholarships in 2016 from an individual workout with colleges that have neverΒ  seen them play in a game setting, the college coach was just informed of these players and allowed them to go to the college and practice with the college team or have a 1 on 1 workout with the college coachΒ and was offered a baseballΒ scholarship on the spot.Β  I loveΒ coachingΒ Β travel ball, but I do believe for mostΒ teams, there is such I wide range of abilityΒ and size on the team that the tournaments don't allow for all the players to get exposure for their level of ability based on what collegesΒ are attending each tournament.Β I believe yourΒ  coach or instructorΒ needsΒ to make as many contacts as possible to get his/her players multiple opportunities for colleges that their ability will allow them to playΒ at, then once they have the opportunity to workout its up to the player to produce on the spot.