WOS - Sweetwater

XX Man

I may be old enough Goblin, but I don't remember.  Just one more comment on the WOS defense.   We're all aware of their tremendous speed, but what really impresses me is their discipline (and please don't start the bs about this).  I've noticed that Vidor has a lot of success with the Slot T offense against teams with speed.  Most let their speed take them out of the play.  Not so with WOS.   They been against quite a few Slot T offenses, and still shut them down.  That indicates to me that these kids know their responsibilities, and take care of their "space".  Kudos to them, and their coaches.  

Just one more Great effort guys, and you bring that SC Trophy home again.  

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

Trivia question. Sweetwater has only lost in one State Final to date. Who beat them, when was it and is anyone here old enough to remember? Hint: Two State Title games were played in the Golden Triangle the same day that year 10 miles apart. One local won, one lost.

1957 Nederland beat sweetwater 20 to 7 and dallas Highland Park beat port aurthur 20 to 9 

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

Sweetwater has a danger in their #15, and WOS better put a spy on the SW QB #6, if they get to the WOS 10 yd line. He bootlegged 3 TDs against Gilmer, and showed some speed. 

Trust they know !! Been to practice already. And coach T is well aware of pretty much anything that could be thrown at him. Sweetwater will throw in a few wrinkles.  

2 hours ago, XX Man said:

Sweetwater has a danger in their #15, and WOS better put a spy on the SW QB #6, if they get to the WOS 10 yd line. He bootlegged 3 TDs against Gilmer, and showed some speed. 

Their QB looks like JD - which means he's pretty dang good lol.

On 12/12/2016 at 1:02 PM, JSnipes said:

Seems like every WOS game that I read about KJ Miller has a punt return for a touchdown. Does anyone know how many he has?

He also has a Kick Return for a touchdown too. and We have another punt returner who don't see much returns anymore due to him having to block for the spread punt but Jarron Morris also has 5-6 of them as well. He's not as shift as KJ but if the first man don't bring him down it's lights out. His speed will leave you saying wow

Not to be rude towards anybody but this team can't be compared to anybody. They're in their own category. They're undersized, slept on and more. They're heart and passion for the game is different. While the navasota team was VERY good and were also pretty big, they should've lost to a Lamarque team in the 3rd round but of course careless mistakes took place. The rattlers came away with that game 30-21. Once again don't get me wrong Sota was possibly one of the best 3a teams i've ever seen, but this Mustang team is pretty special. They don't have the D1 commits as others does but if you lined up in front of them you'd think they had a team full of All-Americans. Years from now you'll see people trying to compare theirselves to the 2016 Mustangs. Let's finish off the mission boys and make it one to remember !

3 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Not to be rude towards anybody but this team can't be compared to anybody. They're in their own category. They're undersized, slept on and more. They're heart and passion for the game is different. While the navasota team was VERY good and were also pretty big, they should've lost to a Lamarque team in the 3rd round but of course careless mistakes took place. The rattlers came away with that game 30-21. Once again don't get me wrong Sota was possibly one of the best 3a teams i've ever seen, but this Mustang team is pretty special. They don't have the D1 commits as others does but if you lined up in front of them you'd think they had a team full of All-Americans. Years from now you'll see people trying to compare theirselves to the 2016 Mustangs. Let's finish off the mission boys and make it one to remember !

My point was Sweetwater thinks they have a darn good defense and that they can stop WO-S offense.That's what we thought going into the game with Navasota in 2012.WO-S had about 8 shutouts and had only given up around 42 points.They beat us 38-7.Thier offense was that good.Sweetwaters defense ain't near as good as that 2012 team and they will find out like we did that it is hard to overcome a great offense....and we have the defense and the special teams.

LET'S GO MEET EM!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

I bet they are working on punting it out of bounds . 

Sweetwater punted out of bounds every time vs Gilmer --- 3 punts for a 22.3 yard average.  Look for them to do this again Friday and when field position allows, they will go for it on 4th down.

52 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

My point was Sweetwater thinks they have a darn good defense and that they can stop WO-S offense.That's what we thought going into the game with Navasota in 2012.WO-S had about 8 shutouts and had only given up around 42 points.They beat us 38-7.Thier offense was that good.Sweetwaters defense ain't near as good as that 2012 team and they will find out like we did that it is hard to overcome a great offense....and we have the defense and the special teams.

LET'S GO MEET EM!!!!!!!

In 2012 I think we could of hung with them if we had the kind of offence we've had the last couple years.. I think we threw like 4 or 5 int that game. The defense stayed on the field 

8 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Sweetwater has no clue as to what they are fixing to face.Reminds me of that Navasota beast a few years back that we thought we could hang with.Didn't take but a few possessions by them to know that we were in for a long night.When you got all the pieces...ya got all the pieces.

That year Navasota had a kid wearing number 2. IMO he was the fastest kid on the field. And the difference maker. QB was on point also. Jmo