GAME WANTED

Are there any schools wiling to play a Washington State school in weeks 2,3 or 4 for the 2017 football season? We are willing to travel and would love to play at a nice stadium. If so I can be reached at [email protected] ohh yea we are a 3a school with a population of about 1100 students.

43 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Same here...what openings are you talking about? Jeff Mathews and Vidor play out of state teams on a regular basis. We had a home and away with Florida teams recently. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll forward to Jeff. We run 1400 kids...same classification as the Washington school would be.

Why do that when Vidor could play WO-S? Did you ever ask Jeff why he keeps declining to play us in a real game? Scheduling a team from out of state when you have an available opponent in neighboring Orange County is ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, griff said:

Why do that when Vidor could play WO-S? Did you ever ask Jeff why he keeps declining to play us in a real game? Scheduling a team from out of state when you have an available opponent in neighboring Orange County is ridiculous. 

Honestly homie I think McNeese would be hesitant to schedule WOS at this point. I know I damn sure wouldn't schedule em and I coach at a 6A school 

2 hours ago, griff said:

Please, before I believe a word you say about scheduling games with WOS, I will ask Jeff. Don't put it on here if you don't know it to be true. We scrimmage each other every year and I'm sure there is a reason we don't play y'all, BC, LCM and Orangefield every year since we are in the same county. SMH.

Our Season starts the first Friday in September and we are looking at weeks 1,2 or 3. Texas will be a week ahead of us in game weeks. Hopefully we can figure out something. We have a good team returning from a 8-2 team. oh The name is our team is Garfield High School in Seattle,WA. we return a 2500 yard passer and 800 yard receiver along with 4 of the 5 offensive linemen. In all we have 16 starters returning and that includes a 4 star prospect.

You know I think if Washington wanted to play  some one from here maybe I should be west orange this year and next year west orange still going to be on a war path like they doing this year west orange should go out  the way and play Washington State and shut them out 

On 12/8/2016 at 2:36 PM, burkevillealum98 said:

Are there any schools wiling to play a Washington State school in weeks 2,3 or 4 for the 2017 football season? We are willing to travel and would love to play at a nice stadium. If so I can be reached at [email protected] ohh yea we are a 3a school with a population of about 1100 students.

One local school that has an open date in the area is Bridge City.  An opponent left them at the alter right before this season started and I am not sure that they filled up the slot for next year.  The are a bit smaller (763), but can probably give a good game.

16 minutes ago, WOS36 said:

You know I think if Washington wanted to play  some one from here maybe I should be west orange this year and next year west orange still going to be on a war path like they doing this year west orange should go out  the way and play Washington State and shut them out 

WO-S' dance card is full next year.

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Those boys from Washington will LOVE playing in historic Larry Ward Stadium. I'll bet they've already heard of it. 

AND there is a world famous Hamburger Depot across from the stadium as well as what I will claim is some of the best Cuban food in Texas just down the street.   I think this needs to get done!

On 12/9/2016 at 7:32 AM, Uncle Pig said:
On 12/9/2016 at 9:36 AM, robanadana said:

Please, before I believe a word you say about scheduling games with WOS, I will ask Jeff. Don't put it on here if you don't know it to be true. We scrimmage each other every year and I'm sure there is a reason we don't play y'all, BC, LCM and Orangefield every year since we are in the same county. SMH.

I do know this to be a fact. Coach Matthews has declined to play WO-S multiple times in recent two-year scheduling cycles. I've mentioned this more than once in the past. I thought you would have asked ole Jeff by now. He simply doesn't want to schedule WO-S in a real game. When a coach turns down that opportunity over and over, it's obvious. It takes both coaches to agree to play. As it stands, only one is willing. 

• 5 weeks later...